?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Re: Pacers waive Kelan Martin 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:58 pm

I think this could mean that the trade talks are over. Lance takes this spot. Sykes has more than adequately replaced Wanamaker. He and Oshae are now guaranteed. If someone were willing to take on Lamb, that would have happened so that Kelan wouldn't have had to be cut.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#3 » by Tom White » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:27 pm

Wizop wrote:I think this could mean that the trade talks are over. Lance takes this spot. Sykes has more than adequately replaced Wanamaker. He and Oshae are now guaranteed. If someone were willing to take on Lamb, that would have happened so that Kelan wouldn't have had to be cut.

You may be right, I'm not sure. After all, the trade deadline is still about a month away, isn't it?

Complicating all of this is the effect Covid has had on team rosters, so this year's trade deadline activity could be different because of that.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#4 » by Wizop » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:29 pm

Tom White wrote:You may be right, I'm not sure. After all, the trade deadline is still about a month away, isn't it?

someone could make us an offer we can't refuse or Carlisle could secretly want a starter gone, but I don't expect the former and I think the later would have already happened.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:39 pm

Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:You may be right, I'm not sure. After all, the trade deadline is still about a month away, isn't it?

someone could make us an offer we can't refuse or Carlisle could secretly want a starter gone, but I don't expect the former and I think the later would have already happened.

Not really. Deadlines spur action in the nba. We’re seeing a lot of teams holding off as they’re just holding on right now roster wise with Covid decimating the rosters. We also still have a bunch of players trade restricted right now until January 15th that signed in the offseason, and I wouldn’t at all assume that trade discussions are done now. Teams are holding onto flexibility, and if someone acquires Lamb right now, they wouldn’t be able to aggregate his salary in a larger deal again this season. They would only be able to trade him “by himself”.

No team that’s having a record like us is done examining the trade market. Ever.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:22 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Not really. Deadlines spur action in the nba. We’re seeing a lot of teams holding off as they’re just holding on right now roster wise with Covid decimating the rosters. We also still have a bunch of players trade restricted right now until January 15th that signed in the offseason, and I wouldn’t at all assume that trade discussions are done now. Teams are holding onto flexibility, and if someone acquires Lamb right now, they wouldn’t be able to aggregate his salary in a larger deal again this season. They would only be able to trade him “by himself”.

No team that’s having a record like us is done examining the trade market. Ever.

To be clear the “we also still have a bunch of players trade restricted” meant across the nba, not just the Pacers.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#7 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:34 pm

As Tom alluded to Covid has affected all NBA teams plus the G league. Thus bringing a lot of new players into focus for teams. A lot of end of the bench roster maintenance being performed. Pacers are a prime example. I’ve seen other teams also adjusting and adding.

I’m thinking the trade deadline could be very active for many teams. Those trying to restructure for the future and those making a playoff push.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#8 » by Wizop » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:49 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:To be clear the “we also still have a bunch of players trade restricted” meant across the nba, not just the Pacers.

understood. I had erroneously thought all of the restrictions ended 12/15 and didn't know some lasted until 1/15, but I didn't misunderstand your post.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 7, 2022 10:32 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:To be clear the “we also still have a bunch of players trade restricted” meant across the nba, not just the Pacers.

understood. I had erroneously thought all of the restrictions ended 12/15 and didn't know some lasted until 1/15, but I didn't misunderstand your post.

Sure. I just thought I may have left it fuzzy and wanted to clarify for any other readers.

Return to Indiana Pacers