ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Market

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: Trade Market 

Post#21 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:08 am

Rubio would be so nice leading the bench, but we can't match his salary without Kyrie or Joe, which isn't happening. He'd have to get bought out, which isn't happening.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#22 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:15 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Rubio would be so nice leading the bench, but we can't match his salary without Kyrie or Joe, which isn't happening. He'd have to get bought out, which isn't happening.

I actually thought about him requesting a buyout, but only if Cleveland falls out of the playoff picture. I didn't expect them to be this feisty in the early season, but injuries are really torpedoing their momentum. Ricky has been really good this year.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#23 » by JoseRizal » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:19 am

Anyone regretting use choosing to sign Joe over Fro? Not sure if we have kept the latter.
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#24 » by Fallout_3 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:34 am

Ricky Rubio won't request a buy out in any case.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#25 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:36 pm

Fallout_3 wrote:Ricky Rubio won't request a buy out in any case.

If Cleveland is 10 games under .500 near the playoff roster deadline, and he hears backchannel whispers that he could have a role on a contender, I'll bet he negotiates a buyout. Sig bet?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#26 » by Fallout_3 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:12 pm

I think he's tired of been moved from one place to another, specially after the experiences in Phoenix and Minnesota and the way he left, and in Cleveland maybe he has found a place to be. At this point in his career, if the team really wants him for the near future, it may be enough for him.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#27 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:06 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Rubio would be so nice leading the bench, but we can't match his salary without Kyrie or Joe, which isn't happening. He'd have to get bought out, which isn't happening.

I think it makes much more sense to sign isiah thomas off the streets then trade for someone like rubio. We are talking about 6-8 minutes a game. We just need someone who can run pick and roll and put pressure on guards as a driver. IT can do that still for 1 shift.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#28 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:07 am

JoseRizal wrote:Anyone regretting use choosing to sign Joe over Fro? Not sure if we have kept the latter.

There was no choice to be made. Joe just signed a contract and couldnt be traded for another month.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Re: "Brooklyn" Nets Thread 2.0 

Post#29 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:00 am

Does anyone think we can trade James Harden for Damien Lillard?

I think we would do it after the way Kyrie bailed on us this year, then Harden refused to sign an extension.

I don't think the Nets want a quasi repeat of Kyrie next year with James, so I think we would make the swap.

The question is, would Portland make that swap too?
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#30 » by GYK » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:19 am

Prokorov wrote:
GYK wrote:as said wouldn’t move Kyrie until deadline. see if his passing fancy well passes. He’s just less fun Dennis Rodman. Less partying more telling you something super deep that’s not that deep.

Personally HATE how the roster is built. The personnel would never fly on any other team ever with the nWo as their stars. While I have no problems with the individual players it’s just not the recipe I would want.

We don’t have time to develop players.
We aren’t going to resign any our RFA.
We need 3&D wings more than guards.
We need more turnovers.
We need roll men and rebounders.

Durant/Harden/Kyrie/LMA/Patty is all the scoring we need. We need to use the TPE’s. There’s no reason not to fill obvious holes we had since last year.

I see no need for more 3 and D players. I mean, we are #1 in threes and #5 defensively. only gap i see is a rim running big, and i think claxton can be that

I completely disagree. I think Nic is neat but no season 3 and hasn’t shown that. They also lack defensive players who can hit 3’s. Brown, Bembry and Johnson are their main defensive players and none shoot 3’s. They win games cause they have Durant and Harden. But they aren’t uber elite like a Harden/Durant team should be because around them is a lack of defense and shooters. Their consistent blowouts by elites kinda highlight that.
Nebkreb11
Sophomore
And1: 48

Re: "Brooklyn" Nets Thread 2.0 

Post#31 » by Nebkreb11 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:14 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:Does anyone think we can trade James Harden for Damien Lillard?

I think we would do it after the way Kyrie bailed on us this year, then Harden refused to sign an extension.

I don't think the Nets want a quasi repeat of Kyrie next year with James, so I think we would make the swap.

The question is, would Portland make that swap too?

I'd love this but I don't think it happens. Harden's value is clearly down this year, Lillard is younger and so important to the fanbase. Plus Lillard publicly criticized KD for 'chasing rings' and said he wants to win in Portland. He might leave but not to play with KD, unfortunately.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#32 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Jan 8, 2022 4:43 pm

You have to target GMs that are desperate or antsy. We know Morey has a Harden obsession and a Simmons problem. Schlenk seems very antsy due to Atlanta's disappointing start, and there is chatter that Atlanta could be a Simmons suitor. There's definitely a nice mix of guys in Atlanta that could inject some athleticism and versatility here.

Ultimately, I don't think we make a major move mid season, especially with Kyrie and Garden's trade value being depressed.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#33 » by GYK » Sat Jan 8, 2022 6:06 pm

I can’t understand the Harden trade request here. He’s obviously great and we are doing absolutely nothing to support his playstyle.
Yea Durant is unaffected by any circumstance but that has nothing to do with James.
We took away all of his shooters.
We still didn’t give him a Capela like screener/roll man(shows up in our lack of paint points and the amount of spot ups, in which we are 2nd to last).
He is trapped nearly every PnR and no short roll player counters this constant problem we face. It would be nearly unstoppable if we did have the personnel. A trap don’t come and James get to have a legitimate PnR set or it does and a dynamic player is surrounded by shooters coming downhill on a short roll.
James-Durant-Kyrie perfectly compliment each other. An excellent core. 4-15 just don’t support them correctly.
Kyrie-Harden an offensive backcourt. Durant a more than positive defender. Why wouldn’t next to them be a go to defensive perimeter player(who can hit a spot up) and a defensive/screen setting/rebounding big. With a bench of 3&D wings and bigs who could replace them?
We have 75ppg in 3 players. It’s insanity what they believe should be around them. We didn’t need names. It was all about fit and role.

Return to Brooklyn Nets