ImageImageImageImageImage

Favorite Klay Memories + Expectations? UPDATE: HE'S BACK!!!

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Favorite Klay Memories + Expectations? UPDATE: HE'S BACK!!! 

Post#1 » by and1GS » Thu Jan 6, 2022 6:05 pm

With the impending return of Klay thought I'd start a good vibes only thread. What's your favorite Klay memory and what do you realistically expect from him this season and beyond?

I'll start...

Favorite memory has to be Sacramento.

I remember watching the entire quarter at a bar and jokingly saying to some friends 'I bet he doesn't miss this quarter...ha ha ha.' Then it kept going in. And again. And again. Then he was taking free throws and I was the most nervous I've ever been in my life. Then he took those ridiculous heat check threes and I literally thought I was watching a video game. Never in my life have I seen something like that and I remember watching that T-Mac flurry live. Not a big game, but I think that really summarizes the greatness of Klay. He can absolutely devastate you whenever he wants. I thought he would have trouble with his confidence after watching his rookie season, but wow was I wrong. One of my favorite warriors ever.

Expectations...
I'd say I expect him to start very slow with around 18 mpg of game time. Anything more than 10 ppg and average defense would make me thrilled, I'm more curious to see how he moves and what the %s look like. I expect him to stay around 40% from 3 and if I'm being real, I don't think he will lose a step on defense. He will still be able to guard PGs, but we will ease him into that and not 'unleash him' until late in the season for guarding the one. I'm likely more optimistic there than others, but Klay just never relied on athleticism so I'm hopeful that he won't be hampered on that end given he seems to be near match fit already.

What about y'all? favorite memories and expectations?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Re: Your Favorite Klay Memories + Expectations 

Post#2 » by Old_Blue » Thu Jan 6, 2022 6:30 pm

My favorite memory of Klay isn't actually of Klay. During that 37 point quarter, the camera panned over to Boogie. It might have been at the start of a time out. The look on Cousins' face was priceless...The personification of "WTF is happening?!" That right there is my favorite memory of Klay. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#3 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:46 am

All the noise is sugesting that Klay is looking like Klay, like he will even be his old self on defense. The noise can be wrong but I am expecting Klay to play like an All-Star.

They say that Klay has turned into a talker in these last 2 years. I think Klay will play with joy and will be uplifting for the team.
In the 37 point quarter I was a little surprised to see that Damion Lee was already on the team. There is a fairly large gap between Danion Lee's years with the team and the next longest time Warrior.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#4 » by Quazza » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:02 am

Definitely the 37 point Q. Was watching it live, just losing my mind. For me it's still the craziest thing I've ever witnessed in sports

I'm not expecting a lot from him this season to be honest. The pessimist in me is strong. Can't wait to see him out there though. The game has missed him
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#5 » by azwfan » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:34 am

Is he for sure back on Sunday?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#6 » by and1GS » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:28 pm

Not for sure back, but it is exceedingly likely.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,991

Post#7 » by Wallace_Wallace » Fri Jan 7, 2022 6:25 pm

Browsing around here!

My favorite memory of Klay was when he refuses to go down in the game 6 against the Thunder at OKC in the 2016 WCF. It felt the Warriors were overwhelmed by their size. In Oracle, it was somewhat of a game, but in OKC it was bad. Curry wasn't Curry, Green wasn't Green, Bogut was getting worked on.....and then Klay just went nuclear in game 6. I'll never forget the shots he made that game; so many eff you shots that was mind boggling.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#8 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jan 7, 2022 6:33 pm

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,295

Post#9 » by GunnerWRX » Fri Jan 7, 2022 7:53 pm

Klay better come back against the Cavs instead of the Pistons. Detroit might unleash McGruder on him.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#10 » by Dom801e » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:15 pm

My favorite moment that hasn’t been mentioned is his last game up until he got hurt. Everyone counted us out and Game 6 Klay made a triumphant return. We were going to win and make game 7 very interesting.
and1GS
RealGM

Re: Favorite Klay Memories + Expectations? UPDATE: HE'S BACK!!! 

Post#11 » by and1GS » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:30 pm

Read on Twitter

SOUND THE ALARMS THE KING IS BACK

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#12 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:58 pm

Not sure if its my favorite Klay memory but Rocco dropping a load on the field at Dodgers stadium and then Klay making his brother pick it up was a great.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#13 » by Quazza » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:21 am

He's had some of the GOAT interview moments too

- Sucking down a Coors mid interview , letting out an "ahhhhhhh"
-Ros asking him how much he fed off the D .. "HA!"

Iconic
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#14 » by a8bil » Sun Jan 9, 2022 1:26 am

Klay coming back to shoot FTs after tearing his ACL in Tor...kinda captures exactly who Klay is and why so many fans love him. He's certainly no Argentinian soccer player. :wink:
badazzk9
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#15 » by badazzk9 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 1:51 am

I know all the hype around Klay being back and it is really nice to have him again. My question is what are the Warriors plans long term for Klay? A young player that I really like that will be a free anent this year is Malik Monk and I think he would THRIVE on the Warriors. Any chance the Warriors trade Klay for Capital this off-season and look at options?
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,295

Post#16 » by GunnerWRX » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:51 am

Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#17 » by Samurai » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:12 am

a8bil wrote:Klay coming back to shoot FTs after tearing his ACL in Tor...kinda captures exactly who Klay is and why so many fans love him. He's certainly no Argentinian soccer player. :wink:

And after shooting the FT's, telling Kerr 'just give me a few minutes and I'll be good to go'. Can't teach that kind of heart to a player; that's Klay.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#18 » by NeoWarriors » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:02 am

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#19 » by DevinVassell » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:41 am

Samurai wrote:
a8bil wrote:Klay coming back to shoot FTs after tearing his ACL in Tor...kinda captures exactly who Klay is and why so many fans love him. He's certainly no Argentinian soccer player. :wink:

And after shooting the FT's, telling Kerr 'just give me a few minutes and I'll be good to go'. Can't teach that kind of heart to a player; that's Klay.

Was going to mention the Toronto game but you guys beat me to it.

Klay = Warrior.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#20 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:12 am

Klay Klay, Klay Klay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Klay Klay, Klay Klay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody should make the game thread before Ducler makes a generic "Les Warriors" game thread. Klay is back tommorow. Ducler seems to make about 1/4 of the game threads on all team boards. I don't know how early you have post the game thread to beat to do before Ducler does. For boards like the Mephis Grizlies Ducler make every game thread because the Grizlies board won't won't make a game thread on their own. So for the Grizzlies board Infeel like Ducler is doing a service even though he is a Pistons fan from France. For some reason I would rather see 10 pages of Korean K-pop girls at the start of our game thread than a generic Ducler game thread.

I have never even bothered to learn how to put photos in threads. I have only made game threads when the game is about to start and nobody else has done it. I prefer somebody other than me make the game thread . But I would rather make the game thread myself then have Ducler make the game thread. Ducler makes some game threads 6 hours before games especialialy big games but usually he makes them closer to game time.

Klay Klay Klay!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was Kerr I might start Iguodala with Klay, Looney, Dray and Steph just so everybody knows how to play with Klay. Wiggins and Poole can come in early.

Wiggins as a back up puts extra pressure on the defense which might help Poole get off to a good start in his future role of toasing back-backups. Is Rondo still playing good defense? Peak Rondo could have created some problems for Poole.

The Cav's are good 22-17
Cavs Starters that just went into Portland and beat The Blazers
Darius Garland point guard averaging 20 points 7 assists
Vs Portland
38:47
26 points
+9
Evan Mobley Power forward averaging 15 points 8 rebounds
Vs Portland
33:59
18 points
Lauri Markkanen