Game 40 vs Utah 7:00pm 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Jan 8, 2022 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Re: Game 40 vs Utah 7:00pm 

Post#2 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:07 am

Duarte and Lamb returning and available tonight.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#3 » by Topofthekey » Sun Jan 9, 2022 1:07 am

The team looks much better with Lance and Sykes and Washington in the rotation than Brogdon and LeVert and TJM
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#4 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jan 9, 2022 1:22 am

Very good first half running offense setting up Sabonis. Lance doing great at facilitating.
Cresy06
Junior
And1: 457

Post#5 » by Cresy06 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:11 am

I've missed Lance :D :D
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Topofthekey » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:25 am

Turns out, instead of acquiring LeVert, they should have just signed Lance
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#7 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:16 am

Topofthekey wrote:Turns out, instead of acquiring LeVert, they should have just signed Lance

Yea funny how out of sight out of mind works. It’s like Lance wasn’t on their radar and he comes up on a 10 day from the G league for McMillan and the Hawks.

Now that Lance is back it makes perfect sense to trade LeVert at the trade deadline as they just built in more roster value with Lance. Go to work Pritchard, Go to work!!!
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#8 » by Pacersike » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:16 am

Lance :D .
countryboy667
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#9 » by countryboy667 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:18 am

If they don't get Lance on contract till at least the end of the end of the year, they are CRAZY and there will be a LOT of pissed off fans!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN, PRITCHARD!!! The guy BELONGS here! He is just what this team has lacked and needed all along. It's no coincidence that he's passing out assists and Domas goes **** nuts!!!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:22 am

countryboy667 wrote:If they don't get Lance on contract till at least the end of the end of the year, they are CRAZY and there will be a LOT of pissed off fans!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN, PRITCHARD!!! The guy BELONGS here! He is just what this team has lacked and needed all along. It's no coincidence that he's passing out assists and Domas goes **** nuts!!!

They waived Kelan for his roster spot. They’re keeping him.

But don’t be surprised if he’s on Covid hardships and 10 days until after the trade deadline, in case we need a pin extra roster spot for a trade. Probably see him signed to a multi year deal with team option and/or non guaranteed years using part of the mini MLE left over from the Craig signing. But, if we wait until after the deadline, we see exactly how much we can give him, and wouldn’t risk him claimed off waivers if we have to clear him for a day to clear a roster spot (10 days and Covid hardships don’t go through waivers).
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Topofthekey » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:24 am

Lance needs to retire a Pacer, full stop

Trade LeVert. Let Brogdon and McConnell sit out the entire season. This was the first time this season I enjoyed watching a Pacers game.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#12 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:31 am

countryboy667 wrote:If they don't get Lance on contract till at least the end of the end of the year, they are CRAZY and there will be a LOT of pissed off fans!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN, PRITCHARD!!! The guy BELONGS here! He is just what this team has lacked and needed all along. It's no coincidence that he's passing out assists and Domas goes **** nuts!!!

Oh they’re gonna sign him. As Scoot said they’ll look at the monetary avenues side of things and advantages of when to sign him before time runs out.

Kelan’s exit left an open roster spot I believe and I can’t see Lance going back to the G league.

I’m curious though now that Sykes contract is guaranteed is he still in the 2 way slot along with Washington ? I’m guessing yes it’s still occupied.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#13 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:42 am

Pacers Forever wrote:

Oh they’re gonna sign him. As Scoot said they’ll look at the monetary avenues side of things and advantages of when to sign him before time runs out.

Kelan’s exit left an open roster spot I believe and I can’t see Lance going back to the G league.

I’m curious though now that Sykes contract is guaranteed is he still in the 2 way slot along with Washington ? I’m guessing yes it’s still occupied.

Ok found the answer. Currently Sykes is #14 of 15 players on roster. Spot 15 is open.

2-ways are now Duane Washington and
Terry Taylor.

Lance is a hardship player currently on a 10 day.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#14 » by boomershadow » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:12 am

One aspect of Lance's game that doesn't get mentioned as often is his rebounding.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#15 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:44 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Lance needs to retire a Pacer, full stop

Trade LeVert. Let Brogdon and McConnell sit out the entire season. This was the first time this season I enjoyed watching a Pacers game.
Brogdon will be playing soon. McConnell is a personal favorite but he isn't a great fit with Lance. I think TJ is coaching as all of the young guards have watched him steal inbound passes and copied the move.

If the trade board is accurate, we probably can't get fair value for LeVert now. That could change at the office deadline or draft day.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#16 » by Tom White » Sun Jan 9, 2022 9:04 pm

I am going to say something I haven't been able to say for a while. I'm really glad I watched the Pacers last night!

Seeing how neither Brogdon nor LeVert nor Goga were going to play, along with the chance of Stephenson getting more minutes, meant a greater chance of seeing not only some good play, but players actually enjoying playing together. It sure worked out that way.

In case anyone thought part of the last sentence was in a bit of bad taste, I've got a better one for you:

If things keep up, Stephenson may have to change his name to Omicron - He is just as contagious. His effort and pure joy of playing the game seems to have infected a number of his teammates. He also appears to be showing a maturity level he did not always have before.

I would be thrilled to see the Pacers deal away Brogdon, LeVert and Goga all three. Give the guard minutes to Washington and Sykes. They may disappoint at some time, but my God I loved seeing the effort and enthusiasm from those two. For my money, they also showed much more in the way of leadership than the regulars. Especially the leadership from Sykes. Malcolm may think he is the leader of this team, but I'll bet he and Pritchard are the only ones who think so. Just look at how the guys responded to Sykes.

Stephenson and Sabonis were made to be playing together. That should be obvious to anyone who watched. Not just watched last night, but in their previous pairing. I do have to say I felt a bit sorry for Turner though. He just does not seem to fit with this style of play. That really is a shame.

So, I'm hoping the front office does the right thing and give a full, multi-year contract to Lance. Deal away the other guys (you know which ones), and let's get back to having a fun team to watch. If they don't, I'm afraid the fans may revolt, and Pritchard wind up being carried out of town on a rail. That part wouldn't really hurt my feelings, but that topic is for another time.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#17 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:41 pm

Tom White wrote:I am going to say something I haven't been able to say for a while. I'm really glad I watched the Pacers last night!

Seeing how neither Brogdon nor LeVert nor Goga were going to play, along with the chance of Stephenson getting more minutes, meant a greater chance of seeing not only some good play, but players actually enjoying playing together. It sure worked out that way.

In case anyone thought part of the last sentence was in a bit of bad taste, I've got a better one for you:

If things keep up, Stephenson may have to change his name to Omicron - He is just as contagious. His effort and pure joy of playing the game seems to have infected a number of his teammates. He also appears to be showing a maturity level he did not always have before.

I would be thrilled to see the Pacers deal away Brogdon, LeVert and Goga all three. Give the guard minutes to Washington and Sykes. They may disappoint at some time, but my God I loved seeing the effort and enthusiasm from those two. For my money, they also showed much more in the way of leadership than the regulars. Especially the leadership from Sykes. Malcolm may think he is the leader of this team, but I'll bet he and Pritchard are the only ones who think so. Just look at how the guys responded to Sykes.

Stephenson and Sabonis were made to be playing together. That should be obvious to anyone who watched. Not just watched last night, but in their previous pairing. I do have to say I felt a bit sorry for Turner though. He just does not seem to fit with this style of play. That really is a shame.

So, I'm hoping the front office does the right thing and give a full, multi-year contract to Lance. Deal away the other guys (you know which ones), and let's get back to having a fun team to watch. If they don't, I'm afraid the fans may revolt, and Pritchard wind up being carried out of town on a rail. That part wouldn't really hurt my feelings, but that topic is for another time.

It’s cool that you felt Turner was not fitting well. I was feeling that also. He just doesn’t have finesse moves in the post like Sabonis to get open, pin down his man, and receive a post up pass. He just looks a bit late or off when posting up making it hard for the passer to effectively get him the ball. He also doesn’t cut decisively to get a back door pass.

What he is doing better sometimes is being aggressive driving with the ball to the rim. I’ve seen him hit more close in jumpers this year or get fouled. Of course his rim protection is great. Gets lost on defense occasionally but is rebounding well.

I really hope that the Pacers FO can deal him and it works out for both us and them.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#18 » by Tom White » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:23 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:It’s cool that you felt Turner was not fitting well. I was feeling that also. He just doesn’t have finesse moves in the post like Sabonis to get open, pin down his man, and receive a post up pass. He just looks a bit late or off when posting up making it hard for the passer to effectively get him the ball. He also doesn’t cut decisively to get a back door pass.

What he is doing better sometimes is being aggressive driving with the ball to the rim. I’ve seen him hit more close in jumpers this year or get fouled. Of course his rim protection is great. Gets lost on defense occasionally but is rebounding well.

I really hope that the Pacers FO can deal him and it works out for both us and them.

It does seem that Turner is often the "forgotten man" in the offense. It may be the design of the offense or by his inability to do certain things, but you are right in pointing out some of his shortcomings as well as the things he has improved on. I think part of it goes back to the guard play the team has had or, from my view, lacked.

Return to Indiana Pacers