ImageImageImage

Does anyone else hate the General Board to?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Letsgokings
Senior
And1: 746

Does anyone else hate the General Board to? 

Post#1 » by Letsgokings » Fri Jan 7, 2022 8:06 pm

Good God man. It's unbearable. Everyone literally hates our team because we are a top 5 franchise. Sorry you guys aren't as good as us. Get over it. Anyone else feel this way?

Maybe this thread can be a safe haven for heat fans that feel attacked and ganged up on, on the General Board.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: Does anyone else hate the General Board to? 

Post#2 » by IggieCC » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:02 pm

It's been unbearable for as long as I've known RealGM.

It's not so much about the Heat hate to me, but the place is just mostly for fans who don't have solid team forums? And maybe for young adults or middle schoolers? Most of GB threads are about Lakers, Warriors, Nets, LeBron's legacy, MJ is better, Steph did it the right way, Yannis did it the better way, but MJ is the GOATest, and so forth. As far as I can tell, it's basically perpetual LeBron fans and LeBron haters (MJ/Steph/Kobe/KD etc) going back and forth. That's probably why Heat or Heat fans get attacked easily because some people still hold grudges against the Heatles??? :dontknow:

I occasionally check up on GB to see how our fellow poster BenoUdrichFML is doing, because we hold him dearly. That's about as useful as it gets. Stay away if you can help it :)
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#3 » by IggieCC » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:39 pm

Most importantly:

Letsgokings

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,812

Post#4 » by KingDavid » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:39 am

I'm a mod there so you have representation as a heat fan. Report any infractions and we'll handle it. Don't get caught up in the personal trash talk or else I'll have to give you a strike. Ignore the inflammatory remarks and just report them instead.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#5 » by puppa bear » Sat Jan 8, 2022 6:37 am

KingDavid wrote:I'm a mod there so you have representation as a heat fan. Report any infractions and we'll handle it. Don't get caught up in the personal trash talk or else I'll have to give you a strike. Ignore the inflammatory remarks and just report them instead.

Half of the Morris/Jokic thread would have to be report worthy, or near it. Anyone who says anything but “Morris a b****” or “He deserved it for turning his back” gets raked over the coals.

GB is the place people go to vent and spew hate. It’s not just the Heat that get hated, but the vitriol gets pretty ridiculous when Nets & Laker fans are calling the franchise cHeat.

I spectate your see if there’s anything interesting, but I wouldn’t ever get invested in the outcome of a thread on there. Not worth the energy.
Letsgokings
Senior

Post#6 » by Letsgokings » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:27 pm

KingDavid wrote:I'm a mod there so you have representation as a heat fan. Report any infractions and we'll handle it. Don't get caught up in the personal trash talk or else I'll have to give you a strike. Ignore the inflammatory remarks and just report them instead.

Oh trust me I know. I've gotten soooooo many accounts banned. I've actually been on this site since 2008 so I know how to say just enough to avoid strikes and bans.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,735

Post#7 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:03 pm

Would be fun to see the GB have reputation tiers you'd be relegated to posting in. If you're a good poster then you could be upvoted into the next stratum. If you're a belligerent turd of a poster, then you could park yourself in the basement tier.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#8 » by KingDavid » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:03 pm

puppa bear wrote:

Half of the Morris/Jokic thread would have to be report worthy, or near it. Anyone who says anything but “Morris a b****” or “He deserved it for turning his back” gets raked over the coals.

GB is the place people go to vent and spew hate. It’s not just the Heat that get hated, but the vitriol gets pretty ridiculous when Nets & Laker fans are calling the franchise cHeat.

I spectate your see if there’s anything interesting, but I wouldn’t ever get invested in the outcome of a thread on there. Not worth the energy.

Either ignore it or dish it back within the confines of the rules. There a lot of good discussion that goes on in the general board too. Generally speaking, as long as you attack the post and not the poster or sweeping statements about fanbases and stay on topic, you're good.

We have zero tolerance for personal attacks.

We handed out strikes in that thread. The report function works.
#HEATLifer

Letsgokings
Senior

Post#9 » by Letsgokings » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:20 pm

KingDavid wrote:
puppa bear wrote:

Either ignore it or dish it back within the confines of the rules. There a lot of good discussion that goes on in the general board too. Generally speaking, as long as you attack the post and not the poster or sweeping statements about fanbases and stay on topic, you're good.

Deleted comment
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#10 » by KingDavid » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:28 pm

Letsgokings wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
puppa bear wrote:Half of the Morris/Jokic thread would have to be report worthy, or near it. Anyone who says anything but “Morris a b****” or “He deserved it for turning his back” gets raked over the coals.

Snip

I'm gonna pm you
#HEATLifer

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#11 » by IggieCC » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:49 pm

I might add that one of the reasons I think the GB tends to become a circus is because there are a lot of international posters there. I'm basing this on the face that many posters have favorite soccer team logos on. A lot of Europeans and Latin Americans? They tend to be more passionate about sports and can get triggered easily (not that other parts of world citizens don't). Think of 30 Maroko's in the chat room for those who remember. I wouldn't wanna be a mod there but all in all I think current mods such as King are doing a great job of keeping conversations civil, handing out warnings and suspensions, and locking up inappropriate threads.

I was told that once upon a time the place was heavily enforced by a mod or mods by the name of Trashcan and many Heat posters got repeatedly banned for what they claimed to be "normal posting". So know that things could get a lot worse.

GB is also a good place to read and exchange posts with some of the most brilliant people in the world, if you can filter bad ones. GB mods and retired mods are some of the best posters and have great knowledge in basketball and other sports, so there is that too.

jamaalstar21, DIRK, King, Texas Chuck, Sammy, Harry Garris, Duke4life to name a few.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,459

Post#12 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:58 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:
I might add that one of the reasons I think the GB tends to become a circus is because there are a lot of international posters there. I'm basing this on the face that many posters have favorite soccer team logos on. A lot of Europeans and Latin Americans? They tend to be more passionate about sports and can get triggered easily (not that other parts of world citizens don't). Think of 30 Maroko's in the chat room for those who remember. I wouldn't wanna be a mod there but all in all I think current mods such as King are doing a great job of keeping conversations civil, handing out warnings and suspensions, and locking up inappropriate threads.

I was told that once upon a time the place was heavily enforced by a mod or mods by the name of Trashcan and many Heat posters got repeatedly banned for what they claimed to be "normal posting". So know that things could get a lot worse.

GB is also a good place to read and exchange posts with some of the most brilliant people in the world, if you can filter bad ones. GB mods and retired mods are some of the best posters and have great knowledge in basketball and other sports, so there is that too.

jamaalstar21, DIRK, King, BWGood77, Texas Chuck, Sammy, Harry Garris, Duke4life to name a few.

Fixed. :)
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#13 » by IggieCC » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:35 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:

jamaalstar21, DIRK, King, BWGood77, Texas Chuck, Sammy, Harry Garris, Duke4life to name a few.

Fixed. :)

Yes, definitely. I could have sworn I included him because I was looking at the names on GB as I was typing lol

BW is an old friend of our board. I also respect him as a lone sub mod for the Pelican board, which is our sister board.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#14 » by gom » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:58 am

Letsgokings wrote:Good God man. It's unbearable. Everyone literally hates our team because we are a top 5 franchise. Sorry you guys aren't as good as us. Get over it. Anyone else feel this way?

Maybe this thread can be a safe haven for heat fans that feel attacked and ganged up on, on the General Board.

I like the General Board. It's a good place to lose some of the homerism. I saw your posts. Some were borderline trolling. Be careful not to become part of the problem.

Outside of the Heat forum, T&T is the best place, and that's where the best posters are: TexasChuck, HartfordWhalers, BabyJax, MoneyTalks, and a host of others.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Letsgokings
Senior

Post#15 » by Letsgokings » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:10 am

gom wrote:
Letsgokings wrote:Good God man. It's unbearable. Everyone literally hates our team because we are a top 5 franchise. Sorry you guys aren't as good as us. Get over it. Anyone else feel this way?

I like the General Board. It's a good place to lose some of the homerism. I saw your posts. Some were borderline trolling. Be careful not to become part of the problem.

Outside of the Heat forum, T&T is the best place, and that's where the best posters are: TexasChuck, HartfordWhalers, BabyJax, MoneyTalks, and a host of others.

It's the raptor fans that truly get under my skin. I agree that I probably do some border line trolling when it comes to them.

Return to Miami Heat