ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers- 1/10- 10:00 PM EST

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers- 1/10- 10:00 PM EST 

Post#1 » by Stone » Sun Jan 9, 2022 8:06 pm

After squeaking by what RJ described as a G-league team in San Antonio Spurs. Tomorrow night we face the Trail Blazers.

Nash just said that both KD and Harden will be playing against the Blazers.

We continue to struggle, the 21 turnovers hurt us. Our defense looked better but our offense looked inconsistent, with us going scoreless for the last four minutes in the forth. Claxton had a strong outing and Cam who struggled for a large part of the game hit an impressive and memorable game winner.

Kyrie will be a sight for sore eyes tomorrow.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Re: GT: Nets @ Trail Blazers- 1/10- 10:00 PM EST 

Post#2 » by NetsWorld » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:45 pm

Should be a win because of Kyrie. Kyrie will pour in 25, KD 30 and Harden 20. More than enough.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#3 » by HardenGoat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:40 am

We are both on back to backs but they don’t even have Lillard. With Kyrie there is no way we lose this one. There I said it. If we do lose then we are in big trouble. Nash should play our young guys this game.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,834

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:21 pm

I am not excited for this at all. That 4th quarter versus San Antonio was horrifying. We won, but I felt the same as I do every time we lose.

This season is lost. Terrible coaching, Bad roster construction, Joe being hurt + Kyrie being a selfish c*nt has doomed us.

Marks needs to do something. The only positive we have is that KD is locked in for several years. I fully expect Harden to walk after we get upset in the first round or swept in the 2nd round.

I honestly think that Marks should be fired for hiring Steve Nash.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#5 » by NetsWorld » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I am not excited for this at all. That 4th quarter versus San Antonio was horrifying. We won, but I felt the same as I do every time we lose.

This season is lost. Terrible coaching, Bad roster construction, Joe being hurt + Kyrie being a selfish c*nt has doomed us.

Marks needs to do something. The only positive we have is that KD is locked in for several years. I fully expect Harden to walk after we get upset in the first round or swept in the 2nd round.

Not all is doom and gloom when you have a second seed and 25-13 record, at this point, we are not beating the Bucks or Bulls but it’s not like it’s a far stretch to say we can beat them. Nets CAN win, but like you said, Nash has to go and we need a better system. At least with Dantoni, we were able to mask Nash’s shortcomings. Nets need to hire a solid assistant coach and Nash has to play the young guys more with the big three. Edwards, Thomas abd Sharpe helped big time as did Duke . We took a double digit lead with them in the game. But to say the season is lost is a stretch. You can’t just give up when you have the franchise’s best start in terms of record and a two seed with the Bucks at the four seed. If we can avoid Milwaukee, we have a shot at the ECF.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:05 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I am not excited for this at all. That 4th quarter versus San Antonio was horrifying. We won, but I felt the same as I do every time we lose.

Not all is doom and gloom when you have a second seed and 25-13 record, at this point, we are not beating the Bucks or Bulls but it’s not like it’s a far stretch to say we can beat them. Nets CAN win, but like you said, Nash has to go and we need a better system. At least with Dantoni, we were able to mask Nash’s shortcomings. Nets need to hire a solid assistant coach and Nash has to play the young guys more with the big three. Edwards, Thomas abd Sharpe helped big time as did Duke . We took a double digit lead with them in the game. But to say the season is lost is a stretch. You can’t just give up when you have the franchise’s best start in terms of record and a two seed with the Bucks at the four seed. If we can avoid Milwaukee, we have a shot at the ECF.

I feel like our record is a sham because we haven't beat one single good team.

We are going to get exposed badly on Wednesday versus the Bulls.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#7 » by MGrand15 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

The Bulls have gotten us twice on back2backs. I hope this team shows some pride and comes out ready to play. Don't have my hopes up.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#8 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:28 pm

KD35Netted wrote:Should be a win because of Kyrie. Kyrie will pour in 25, KD 30 and Harden 20. More than enough.

Kyrie?

Blazers another team victim of poor hiring. Chauncey has no business being hc. Paul Allen won't be walking through that door to save the day. Blazers will blow it up during off-season.

Harden joining Dame and Biid in Philly is not far fetched. I know KD best players and all, I'm not playing with no coach and flat earth creature. Me personally I'm out.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#9 » by Claud » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:53 pm

For a team that is struggling so much to hit 3pts, I'm surprised Nash hasn't given Edwards a bigger role.
He should be the one starting, not Duke who can't hit anything. Plus Edwards is just as hungry/active on defense as Duke.

I think Marks needs to get rid of Carter, Milsap and maybe even Blake.
Brown, JJ, and Bembry should stay since even when they are bad on offense they make up for it defensively.

Claxton/LMA is a solid Center rotation, but we need another McGee type big. Cut Milsap/Blake and bring one in.

I hope we start making moves soon because it's not looking great.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#10 » by Claud » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:04 pm

Can Harden ball lead any team to a chip? Maybe prime Harden with a perfectly tailored to his game roster, but this current version of Harden with this current Nets roster? I have my doubts. He's a savant on offense, but defensively he's an issue + his nonchalant way of approaching the game clashes with the type of intensity we need as a team to be successful. I'm not saying Harden is the problem, but something to keep an eye on.

I feel you on the disappointment on how things are unfolding, but the we're barely in January no time to panic.
We have veteran group that can bring up the intensity a few notches when the games matter come playoffs time.
Last year we had a great record vs. good teams, but we still lost ultimately. It's not so black and white who ends up winning the chip.

Nash is an average coach at best, last year Mike D made up a lot of his short comings. I doubt he gets canned during the season, but if we end up failing to get the chip he's gone come next season.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#11 » by NetsWorld » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:20 pm

GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:Should be a win because of Kyrie. Kyrie will pour in 25, KD 30 and Harden 20. More than enough.

Kyrie?

Blazers another team victim of poor hiring. Chauncey has no business being hc. Paul Allen won't be walking through that door to save the day. Blazers will blow it up during off-season.

Harden joining Dame and Biid in Philly is not far fetched. I know KD best players and all, I'm not playing with no coach and flat earth creature. Me personally I'm out.

Harden will want his moolah, all 270 Million of it, no way the Nets won't do a sign and trade; also, please consider, Kyrie comes back full time next year assuming he gets his version of the vaccine and Nets get pieces back from Philly. If the Nets know they're gonna lose him, they will have KD/Kyrie duo which will still kill teams and maybe we get Seth Curry-Simmons from Philly. I would prefer KD/Kyrie/Simmons/Curry over our current big three with Harden falling off.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#12 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:47 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Kyrie?

Harden will want his moolah, all 270 Million of it, no way the Nets won't do a sign and trade; also, please consider, Kyrie comes back full time next year assuming he gets his version of the vaccine and Nets get pieces back from Philly. If the Nets know they're gonna lose him, they will have KD/Kyrie duo which will still kill teams and maybe we get Seth Curry-Simmons from Philly. I would prefer KD/Kyrie/Simmons/Curry over our current big three with Harden falling off.

Trusting Kyrie is your first mistake. He can and will go mia once he secure next contract.

Harden not falling off, he was leading MVP race before his hemi gave up. Come off-season we will have no say, us being nice and Morey factor will leave us with scraps. Getting couple seconds will be achievement.
NetsWorld
Starter

Post#13 » by NetsWorld » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:14 pm

GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Kyrie?

Trusting Kyrie is your first mistake. He can and will go mia once he secure next contract.

Harden not falling off, he was leading MVP race before his hemi gave up. Come off-season we will have no say, us being nice and Morey factor will leave us with scraps. Getting couple seconds will be achievement.

Harden deliberately postponed signing his contract extension for a reason, it's not because he's lovey dovey with Morey, it's because he's lovey dovey with the money and he knows either the Nets will sign him outright or sign and trade him for all that money. Either way, the 270 magic number goes through our bird rights. If Harden wants that magic numbers, it's one of those two scenarios, and Marks isn't settling for scraps with that magic number on Harden's mind.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#14 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:20 pm

He can't get the full 5 year $270mil via S&T. He can get the same 4 year deal that he could sign with an under the cap team via S&T, but not the extra year & the higher raises.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#15 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:22 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

Harden deliberately postponed signing his contract extension for a reason, it's not because he's lovey dovey with Morey, it's because he's lovey dovey with the money and he knows either the Nets will sign him outright or sign and trade him for all that money. Either way, the 270 magic number goes through our bird rights. If Harden wants that magic numbers, it's one of those two scenarios, and Marks isn't settling for scraps with that magic number on Harden's mind.

Most of us Nets fans here and even discussing such possibilities is nauseating. I personally grew to love Harden as a player, I'd be devastated to see him go. Hopefully it won't come down to it.

My heart tells me we'll turn corner and right this ship. My gambler mind and previous experience tells me it's over for this year. It's frustrating state to be. We should be smoking teams out no matter who we play. This is most balanced team in NBA right now, just ok coach would be doing wonders.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:30 pm

GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Most of us Nets fans here and even discussing such possibilities is nauseating. I personally grew to love Harden as a player, I'd be devastated to see him go. Hopefully it won't come down to it.

My heart tells me we'll turn corner and right this ship. My gambler mind and previous experience tells me it's over for this year. It's frustrating state to be. We should be smoking teams out no matter who we play. This is most balanced team in NBA right now, just ok coach would be doing wonders.

This is how I feel. I love Harden. Dude has been nothing but a joy to have here. But if he chooses to leave because of Nash and Kyrie, I don't blame him.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#17 » by GTR11 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:31 pm

This is a game where Cam should be getting legit min vs second unit. His scoring will be much needed.

Kess in seven game sample showing he's legit 3 and D player. He's taking 3 3pt shots a game and making them on 42%. This comes with elite D, he giving business to top players like Giannis. It's a crime not playing him no matter how you'd spin it.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#18 » by HardenGoat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:35 pm

GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

This is the regular season, I was watching us losing and there was a camera that panned across that caught Durant and he was literally laughing and joking with another teams player during the loss - while in the game! They are not taking this as seriously as we are. Nash is still playing his experiments before a deadline, Harden is waiting for his order to come through, Kyrie is probably being load managed under the context of Covid, trust me this is not the team you will see come playoffs. Even Harden is load managing himself (which is infuriating but being smart).
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 857

Post#19 » by Jay555 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

It would be interesting to see what the big three can do vs the Bulls. Part of the reasons we got beat by the good teams is Ky and Joe missing most of these games. Again, you take 50 mil payroll off these good teams, they are not beating us. Tho They will beat the current version of us because we are simply struggling atm and it’s been a while.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 857

Post#20 » by Jay555 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:45 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

Wrong.
If he’s after money, he would have gotten it in Houston. he was offered extension which worth 50 mil per annum which he rejected.

Knowing Harden, he only cares about a chip right now. He sacrifices money, stats and being the alpha for a chip. I can see him walk if we donot win anything..

Return to Brooklyn Nets