ImageImageImage

Time to discuss josh Green

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Re: Time to discuss josh Green 

Post#41 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:57 pm

Guys i was serious, Timmy's contract is very good and very tradable... Best moves of our FO hands down.
gottamakeit
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,318

Post#42 » by gottamakeit » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Guys i was serious, Timmy's contract is very good and very tradable... Best moves of our FO hands down.

tradable? yes
a hot commodity? no
The time to trade him is now; i think his role on this team will continue to decline.
Sell high, especially on a player that you don't love.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#43 » by arkuo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:23 am

THJ is supposed to be paid Terrence Ross type of chucker money. that's around 12M per year. But Cuban being turned down by Kyle Lowry for Pat Riley decided to do revenge spending for his ego and opened his wallet. That's how he signed Dwight Powell to that contract as well. An overcompensating fella will always turn to his wallet when scorned.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#44 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:48 pm

arkuo wrote:THJ is supposed to be paid Terrence Ross type of chucker money. that's around 12M per year. But Cuban being turned down by Kyle Lowry for Pat Riley decided to do revenge spending for his ego and opened his wallet. That's how he signed Dwight Powell to that contract as well. An overcompensating fella will always turn to his wallet when scorned.

There’s no way THJ was only getting $12M in last off seasons market. He had at least 3 teams that wanted him and reports were he turned down more money from the Heat to stay in Dallas.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#45 » by Darren » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:43 pm

How likely it is for the Mavs to trade Green? I think it is actually difficult to find a piece who can defend and make plays. Green also shows great mechanics shooting wise. For an unathetic team, Green may contribute more than expected. I should say I won't part with backcourt trade. Dragic will be released anyway. No need to trade anything for a backcourt. If a swingman is needed, I don't think it takes Green to get Buddy. So the only possibility is an ideal frontcourt option which is unlikely available via trade. I'd rather see if Detriot part with Grant for low asking price.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,270

Post#46 » by tribulations » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:00 pm

He's improving, keep letting him improve through increased responsibility/opportunity. I think we actually have a genuine rotation player in Josh Green. Same applies for Moses.
gottamakeit
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,318

Post#47 » by gottamakeit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:56 am

I'm beginning to see a path forward for Josh Green. Its as a playmaker & hustle player. Get him running the transition offense. He's a better passer at full speed than Jalen & Luka.

I think he needs the ball in his hands more especially at the top of the key area; And not just waiting for a pass in the corner. We might even want him to play point a few plays in the game
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:11 am

The kid does a little bit of everything... Rebounds, assists, defense, cut to the basket, fast break points, 3points ecc ecc but he is not great in anything.
He is very athletic but he is not a dunker.

I don't know if he will be usefull or he will be another mediocre role player.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Post#49 » by Mavrelous » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:41 am

41Dirk41 wrote:The kid does a little bit of everything... Rebounds, assists, defense, cut to the basket, fast break points, 3points ecc ecc but he is not great in anything.
He is very athletic but he is not a dunker.

I don't know if he will be usefull or he will be another mediocre role player.

He's very quick, but not a high leaper, he's world's better than last year, and he's still 2nd year, the potential and progress is there, he's not going to be a star, but he can be very useful player.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#50 » by Pinkyring » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:14 pm

I'll be happy if he can be a 25mpg rotation guy
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Post#51 » by Mavrelous » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:56 pm

Green had a good stretch of 3 games with THJ out.

On the plus side:
-- His shooting form and hop look good
-- Agressive on loose balls
-- fast on the open court with good passing instincts

Things to improve:
-- Confidence to shoot
-- Experience, many time drives into dead ends, and isn't smooth enough to handle gracefully
-- Defense, effort is top notch, but misses rotations, gets lost on screen.

Progress is great overall.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#52 » by arkuo » Tue Feb 1, 2022 5:11 am

He will not be an all star. But if he can be a Mathisse Thybulle with shooting then his development will be good
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Post#53 » by cmavswin » Tue Feb 1, 2022 5:50 am

I like the way Green is playing. The Mavs need dirty work players and he fits that bill.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#54 » by daoneandonly » Wed Feb 2, 2022 4:43 pm

I mean we have to acknowledge he couldnt even make the Rising Stars team. When guys like Maxey, Bane, Bey, Tate, and mcDaniels all drafted after him did
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,843

Post#55 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Feb 2, 2022 4:47 pm

daoneandonly wrote:I mean we have to acknowledge he couldnt even make the Rising Stars team. When guys like Maxey, Bane, Bey, Tate, and mcDaniels all drafted after him did

Kinda hard when he only started seeing significant playing time a month ago for the first time.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#56 » by daoneandonly » Wed Feb 2, 2022 4:50 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:I mean we have to acknowledge he couldnt even make the Rising Stars team. When guys like Maxey, Bane, Bey, Tate, and mcDaniels all drafted after him did

Kinda hard when he only started seeing significant playing time a month ago for the first time.

True, Carlisle is to blame for some of that, but if he earned it, he would have gotten more time. He didnt even break a sweat for Australia in the Olympics. Memphis is ahead of us because they know how to draft and find people, even late in rounds like Bane and Brooks
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Post#57 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 2, 2022 7:30 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

True, Carlisle is to blame for some of that, but if he earned it, he would have gotten more time. He didnt even break a sweat for Australia in the Olympics. Memphis is ahead of us because they know how to draft and find people, even late in rounds like Bane and Brooks
Bane was just older than most but it was well known that he could shoot. We failed for sure.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,929

Post#58 » by Apz » Fri Feb 4, 2022 8:34 am

Im getting more abd more impressed by his play. Still making too few points but his playmaking starts to show.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 8:54 am

Apz wrote:Im getting more abd more impressed by his play. Still making too few points but his playmaking starts to show.

Me too, probably because the our other wings can't barely dribble :lol:

One or 2 off season for improve his 3s and could be ready for the starting lineup, another reason for trade DFS.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#60 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:39 am

Josh Green could be the starter next year if the Mavs let DFS walk.

Return to Dallas Mavericks