Official NBA COVID Protocol thread (please read the OP)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Re: Official NBA COVID Protocol thread (please read the OP) 

Post#781 » by Catchall » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:40 am

Jazz now have Gobert, Ingles, Gay and Hughes in protocol. They may barely have 8 players for their game tomorrow in Detroit. Three coaches are now out as well.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,948

Post#782 » by Liam_Gallagher » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:30 pm

Ontario is fully locked down, can’t go to the gym or school, yet the American states have full arenas.

Which one is it? How do you become virtuous during covid?
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#783 » by MindState » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:32 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:Ontario is fully locked down, can’t go to the gym or school, yet the American states have full arenas.

Canada is just weird. The entire world has learned to live with the virus. They havent.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 4,883

Post#784 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:Ontario is fully locked down, can’t go to the gym or school, yet the American states have full arenas.

Raps need to come stateside.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#785 » by cpower » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:31 pm

MindState wrote:

Canada is just weird. The entire world has learned to live with the virus. They havent.

they have no choice, running out of the hospital beds and ICU are out of capacity. What else you want them to do?
MindState
Veteran

Post#786 » by MindState » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:37 pm

cpower wrote:
MindState wrote:

they have no choice, running out of the hospital beds and ICU are out of capacity. What else you want them to do?

Canada shouldnt be running out of hospiral beds with 71% of the population fully vaccinated. We dont have that problem anywhere in America and only 60% are fully vaccinated here.
cpower
RealGM

Post#787 » by cpower » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:42 pm

MindState wrote:
cpower wrote:
MindState wrote:

Canada shouldnt be running out of hospiral beds with 71% of the population fully vaccinated. We dont have that problem anywhere in America and only 60% are fully vaccinated here.

in case you did not know, a 3rd booster shot only gave you 40% protection against the new variant. The new wave came too fast and just exploded in a matter of days.
MindState
Veteran

Post#788 » by MindState » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:55 pm

cpower wrote:
MindState wrote:
cpower wrote:they have no choice, running out of the hospital beds and ICU are out of capacity. What else you want them to do?

in case you did not know, a 3rd booster shot only gave you 40% protection against the new variant. The new wave came too fast and just exploded in a matter of days.

Yea pardon my ignorance, I always thought if you were vaccinated earlier, that you still had some protection from bad symptoms without the Booster. I had no clue that the original vaccines were basically useless without a booster.

That puts it all into perspective now.
cpower
RealGM

Post#789 » by cpower » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:08 am

MindState wrote:
cpower wrote:
MindState wrote:

Yea pardon my ignorance, I always thought if you were vaccinated earlier, that you still had some protection from bad symptoms without the Booster. I had no clue that the original vaccines were basically useless without a booster.

it still helps to prevent hospitalization but yeah provides very little to fight initial infection.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,250

Post#790 » by ForeverTFC » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:16 am

MindState wrote:
cpower wrote:
MindState wrote:

Not really booster driven. Canada has much lower ICU beds per capita than the US. So we run out of open beds at a much faster rate and they open up again at a slower rate. I think Canada is performing better than the US in terms of hospitalization per capita, which I believe is partly linked to the vaccine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-06/hospital-bed-shortage-shuts-down-canada-while-u-s-stays-open
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach

Post#791 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:22 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
MindState wrote:
cpower wrote:in case you did not know, a 3rd booster shot only gave you 40% protection against the new variant. The new wave came too fast and just exploded in a matter of days.

Not really booster driven. Canada has much lower ICU beds per capita than the US. So we run out of open beds at a much faster rate and they open up again at a slower rate. I think Canada is performing better than the US in terms of hospitalization per capita, which I believe is partly linked to the vaccine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-06/hospital-bed-shortage-shuts-down-canada-while-u-s-stays-open

It's probably a good time to fire nurses for not having the vaccine then. We definitely need to get rid of them and keep the hospitals understaffed.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,429

Post#792 » by bisme37 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:23 pm

Hey yo. Please take the discussion on Canadian hospital beds to the Current Affairs board (the the Canadian Current Affairs board). Let's stay on topic of the NBA here. Thanks guys.
Fade_awayJ
Sophomore
And1: 293

Post#793 » by Fade_awayJ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:56 pm

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-cdc-tells-americans-avoid-travel-canada-2022-01-10/

WASHINGTON, Jan 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. State Department on Monday advised against travel to neighboring Canada because of a rising number of COVID-19 cases as the Omicron variant spreads.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 4,883

Post#794 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:36 pm

Fade_awayJ wrote:https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-cdc-tells-americans-avoid-travel-canada-2022-01-10/

WASHINGTON, Jan 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. State Department on Monday advised against travel to neighboring Canada because of a rising number of COVID-19 cases as the Omicron variant spreads.
Seems NBA (and NHL) will need to figure something out.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#795 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:04 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Fade_awayJ wrote:https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-cdc-tells-americans-avoid-travel-canada-2022-01-10/

Seems NBA (and NHL) will need to figure something out.

Teams will still be going there. 'Advising' isn't banning.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach

Post#796 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:19 pm

:oops:

NBA aren’t like regular people, they deserve special treatment. They’re better.

Just like how I need to wear a mask when playing in my rec league. NBA players would never have to nor should they. They’re superior.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,037

Post#797 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:21 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
MindState wrote:
cpower wrote:in case you did not know, a 3rd booster shot only gave you 40% protection against the new variant. The new wave came too fast and just exploded in a matter of days.

canada's way up there in deaths for capita as well. Their approach is just minimizing people dying and screw everyone else and their fun and money.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach

Post#798 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:22 pm

bisme37 wrote:Hey yo. Please take the discussion on Canadian hospital beds to the Current Affairs board (the the Canadian Current Affairs board). Let's stay on topic of the NBA here. Thanks guys.

It’s in here because it’s related.

We’re trying to figure out why there are no fans in Toronto but maximum capacity in the other 29 arenas.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,429

Post#799 » by bisme37 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:36 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Hey yo. Please take the discussion on Canadian hospital beds to the Current Affairs board (the the Canadian Current Affairs board). Let's stay on topic of the NBA here. Thanks guys.

It’s in here because it’s related.

We’re trying to figure out why there are no fans in Toronto but maximum capacity in the other 29 arenas.

You know why. It's because that's the current law in Toronto. If you don't think it makes sense, I don't disagree. But debates about Canadian laws don't belong in this thread or on this board. It is what it is and we aren't going to change the law in Toronto by complaining about it on RGM.

I'm just asking us to do what we've been doing nicely this whole thread. Stay on topic of the NBA's covid protocol and the impacted players. Pretty please.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,631

Post#800 » by Pointgod » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:36 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
MindState wrote:

canada's way up there in deaths for capita as well. Their approach is just minimizing people dying and screw everyone else and their fun and money.

Canada’s not even top 100 in deaths per capita. Looks like we’re doing a lot better than US.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-maps-and-cases

Return to The General Board