ImageImage

FISERV Forum Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Re: FISERV Forum Thread 

Post#281 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:10 pm

Guess we are also getting 1099 if you resold through TM. Obviously a IRS, not a Bucks issue, but it probably will be a pain to appropriately allocate a cost per ticket compared to resale (Like even split of higher/lower based on premium or non-premium). I'm too lazy to figure it out now, but this could be a major pain in the ass to avoid tax penalties if you sold a bunch of tickets on TM.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#282 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:12 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Guess we are also getting 1099 if you resold through TM. Obviously a IRS, not a Bucks issue, but it probably will be a pain to appropriately allocate a cost per ticket compared to resale (Like even split of higher/lower based on premium or non-premium). I'm too lazy to figure it out now, but this could be a major pain in the ass to avoid tax penalties if you sold a bunch of tickets on TM.

Stubhub and all resellers will be doing the same. Actually they always have been doing it but now the IRS changed the threshold from $20,000 per year to $600 starting this year. Ebay too. The $20,000 also required at least 200 transactions, that's gone too.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#283 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:19 pm

I'm curious how they're going to handle the Facebook marketplaces for 1099s. It's hard to regulate but imagine someone is gonna want to try to make the big sellers pay income tax someway.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#284 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:21 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Guess we are also getting 1099 if you resold through TM. Obviously a IRS, not a Bucks issue, but it probably will be a pain to appropriately allocate a cost per ticket compared to resale (Like even split of higher/lower based on premium or non-premium). I'm too lazy to figure it out now, but this could be a major pain in the ass to avoid tax penalties if you sold a bunch of tickets on TM.

Yeah everything about this is starting to become a pain in the ass to be honest.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#285 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:22 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

Stubhub and all resellers will be doing the same. Actually they always have been doing it but now the IRS changed the threshold from $20,000 per year to $600 starting this year. Ebay too. The $20,000 also required at least 200 transactions, that's gone too.

Yeah, it was never an issue in the past for me since they wouldn't report it as i was so far below $20k, it was immaterial so never would get flagged, and ethically i was fine since I know my net cost was close to equal. Its going to be annoying now. Out of town so sold my Warriors tickets for $144 / Face of $65. But they aren't reporting my $0 on my other tickets tickets last week because the Bucks wont let you resell below $25 so they didnt sell on stub hub. I pretty much netted even but will show $200 capital gain unless i take an aggressive allocation, right?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#286 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:50 pm

I don't know if its a TV being better thing but the other thing I've noticed is people really being adverse to buying upper level seats. Honestly I like my seats and think it's a good view, but I feel seat snobbery is worse every year. Pricing sure is part of it. Easier to sit farther up at $25/ticket vs $50+
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#287 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:00 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I don't know if its a TV being better thing but the other thing I've noticed is people really being adverse to buying upper level seats. Honestly I like my seats and think it's a good view, but I feel seat snobbery is worse every year. Pricing sure is part of it. Easier to sit farther up at $25/ticket vs $50+

I'm not sure it's so much snobbery, it's the value you hit on

When I'm looking at tickets for games, and it's $30-$40 for upstairs and $80-100 to downstairs, I'm often taking upstairs

But, when it's $60-$70 for upstairs or $100 for downstairs, I'd rather just spend the extra and sit downstairs

I bought the $25 ($10 concessions credit too) New Years Day ticket deal and sat in the very last row upstairs and had a blast, never really affects my enjoyment of the game, although having good downstairs seats does add some hype.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#288 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I don't know if its a TV being better thing but the other thing I've noticed is people really being adverse to buying upper level seats. Honestly I like my seats and think it's a good view, but I feel seat snobbery is worse every year. Pricing sure is part of it. Easier to sit farther up at $25/ticket vs $50+

Yeah, I prefer upper to anything not side court lower level even not considering cost. You get that old school video game angle where you see the whole court. Buddy refuses to move out of lower bowl because the casual wont buy upper on resell. It's either straight status of saying they sat lower bowl, ignorance that those are not actually better seats, or they are actually better for a casual fan as you are closer to the non-game actual (in the range of the jacket canon, more activity going on)? But I guess 90% of fans aren't there solely to watch basketball. Otherwise, the Bucks / Memphis game would be an extremely hot ticket.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#289 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:26 pm

Uppers at FF are so much better than at the BC
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#290 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:05 pm

Did any season holder pick meet the legend as your benefit? If so, have you heard anything? I emailed like a month ago and was told details to come. Ideally would like to be able to plan ahead and hope its not something dropped on me 2 days before game, haha sigh.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#291 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Did any season holder pick meet the legend as your benefit? If so, have you heard anything? I emailed like a month ago and was told details to come. Ideally would like to be able to plan ahead and hope its not something dropped on me 2 days before game, haha sigh.

Fan event, Playoff ticket, benefits, etc - 72 hours for STH to make a decision/make arrangements to go to a location or lose benefit.
Reneweal and payment of tickets - Must provide Bucks with 10 months runway.

Was able to buy extra tickets to Grizzlies and Nuggets for $10 with no fees from the marketplace. Probably 2 of the Top 10 home games but severely undervalued (Granted Nuggets could be NFC conflict). There are always going to be steals on resell so I hate i commit to season tickets. Then again, if we go to the finals everyone will be happy.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#292 » by soxperry » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:39 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Yeah, I prefer upper to anything not side court lower level even not considering cost. You get that old school video game angle where you see the whole court. Buddy refuses to move out of lower bowl because the casual wont buy upper on resell. It's either straight status of saying they sat lower bowl, ignorance that those are not actually better seats, or they are actually better for a casual fan as you are closer to the non-game actual (in the range of the jacket canon, more activity going on)? But I guess 90% of fans aren't there solely to watch basketball. Otherwise, the Bucks / Memphis game would be an extremely hot ticket.

I've actually had a pretty easy time re selling my uppers this season. I was in one of the first corner sections from mid court, row 13 two years ago and it was painful to re sell those. The big games were nice but when it went below face value it REALLY went below face value. This season, i'm in 223 row 1 and the games that did sell below face weren't that much of a loss. The marquee games have been amazing. I gave away some seats, went to a few games, and i'm still going to end up close to even.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#293 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:01 pm

Brutal stretch for STH. Between the bad weekday games and losing, it was hard enough to get excited for games. Now we have some weekend games and you are competing with the Packers head-to-head. Sunday game with 2 of the top 3 MVP candidates next Sunday and you can get lowers for $40. Just a real rough January for value. Probably could've picked the five best games and bought for a fraction of what January is costing me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#294 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:57 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Did any season holder pick meet the legend as your benefit? If so, have you heard anything? I emailed like a month ago and was told details to come. Ideally would like to be able to plan ahead and hope its not something dropped on me 2 days before game, haha sigh.

Fan event, Playoff ticket, benefits, etc - 72 hours for STH to make a decision/make arrangements to go to a location or lose benefit.
Reneweal and payment of tickets - Must provide Bucks with 10 months runway.

Was able to buy extra tickets to Grizzlies and Nuggets for $10 with no fees from the marketplace. Probably 2 of the Top 10 home games but severely undervalued (Granted Nuggets could be NFC conflict). There are always going to be steals on resell so I hate i commit to season tickets. Then again, if we go to the finals everyone will be happy.

I could see that Denver game getting moved to the afternoon if there's a Packers conflict. Neither Bucks or Nuggets play the night before.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#295 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:07 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

When I'm looking at tickets for games, and it's $30-$40 for upstairs and $80-100 to downstairs, I'm often taking upstairs

But, when it's $60-$70 for upstairs or $100 for downstairs, I'd rather just spend the extra and sit downstairs

I bought the $25 ($10 concessions credit too) New Years Day ticket deal and sat in the very last row upstairs and had a blast, never really affects my enjoyment of the game, although having good downstairs seats does add some hype.

I got a similar ticket deal on black Friday. $20 with$10 in food credit. The tickets are in my bucks app, but where do you get the food vouchers?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#296 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:43 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

I got a similar ticket deal on black Friday. $20 with$10 in food credit. The tickets are in my bucks app, but where do you get the food vouchers?

Order through the app, the credit comes up at the checkout screen

I was able to use credits for beers, which is nice.
Abdul-McFar
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#297 » by Abdul-McFar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:51 pm

Going to new arena for the first time to tonight. Any good bars to check out near afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#298 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:16 pm

There are several within walking distance. Mecca and Good City are right there. On Third Street you have the Brat House, Uncle Bucks, Oak Barrel Public House, Old German Beer Hall, Buck Bradleys and others.
Abdul-McFar
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#299 » by Abdul-McFar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:59 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:There are several within walking distance. Mecca and Good City are right there. On Third Street you have the Brat House, Uncle Bucks, Oak Barrel Public House, Old German Beer Hall, Buck Bradleys and others.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#300 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:18 pm

soxperry wrote:

I've actually had a pretty easy time re selling my uppers this season. I was in one of the first corner sections from mid court, row 13 two years ago and it was painful to re sell those. The big games were nice but when it went below face value it REALLY went below face value. This season, i'm in 223 row 1 and the games that did sell below face weren't that much of a loss. The marquee games have been amazing. I gave away some seats, went to a few games, and i'm still going to end up close to even.

Do you have contacts you sell to or on secondary sites?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks