ImageImageImageImageImage

[Solved] Ja Morant is light years ahead of Rj Barrett

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who will be the better player?

Ja Morant
67%
Rj Barrett
33%

Total votes: 217

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,493

Re: Do you think Rj Barrett will end up being better than Ja Morant? 

Post#361 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:When has RJ ever been better then Ja Morant ? I swear the homers on this forum get on my nerve.

What part of the thread declares that RJ is better than Ja in some conclusive way? It's a poll and a personal opinion comparing two guys who were drafted back to back, one of whom is a small talented player with a good jumpshot, not as good from deep most likely, and the other of whom is a bigger guy with a better than advertised jump shot, and some high highs and low lows.

So relax.

Ja Morant is a budding star. He’s this generations Derrick Rose in terms of explosiveness. Yes he’s small and his jumpshot isnt great but I’d take him 10 out of 10 times over RJ Barrett. You think RJ Barrett has the chance to be a star ? Smh

I get it KnicksGod, you’re one of the main ones that overrates the players on this team and downgrades players on other teams. You’ve been doing it for years so I’m not surprised you’re still doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fake News. I was one of the first to say KP wasn't it and never liked Randle except a tiny bit after his regular season. I even gave a disclaimer and said I wouldn't be surprised if he falls apart come playoffs. When you get your 15 minutes of semi-monthly computer time in Terre Haute you can research it. It's all there.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#362 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:57 pm

:) Gun to my head, or even just a water pistol, I'd take Ja. But I do think little PGs are not the easiest, most ideal way to win big and build something. I just don't. Sue me. It rarely works big. You have people talking like Ja is a surefire title winner. It's a bit overblown. Having a big wing who can play is pretty good too. Yeah Ja is better. But it's not some gigantic meaningful gap either.

Sooo many people now just talk about guys like they have nothing to do with how a team is built. Ja is a major talent who has proven himself already but you have to look at team building, not just stats and highlights. I'm not sold on little PGs being the thing. Steph Curry is an exception and not the rule.

You also have to factor in things like injuries. The little guys tend to not last as long or hold up as well.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,339

Post#363 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 am

Wings > PGs
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#364 » by Adelheid » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:11 pm

jaM is a monster on offense but rj is 2 way player
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,518

Post#365 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:42 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
What part of the thread declares that RJ is better than Ja in some conclusive way? It's a poll and a personal opinion comparing two guys who were drafted back to back, one of whom is a small talented player with a good jumpshot, not as good from deep most likely, and the other of whom is a bigger guy with a better than advertised jump shot, and some high highs and low lows.

So relax.

Ja Morant is a budding star. He’s this generations Derrick Rose in terms of explosiveness. Yes he’s small and his jumpshot isnt great but I’d take him 10 out of 10 times over RJ Barrett. You think RJ Barrett has the chance to be a star ? Smh

I get it KnicksGod, you’re one of the main ones that overrates the players on this team and downgrades players on other teams. You’ve been doing it for years so I’m not surprised you’re still doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fake News. I was one of the first to say KP wasn't it and never liked Randle except a tiny bit after his regular season. I even gave a disclaimer and said I wouldn't be surprised if he falls apart come playoffs. When you get your 15 minutes of semi-monthly computer time in Terre Haute you can research it. It's all there.

This is true.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#366 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:31 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
BugginOut wrote:It’s not like Ja Morant is carrying bums. Dillon Brooks and Jonas Valanciunas both average 17 ppg.

Brooks is a lot better defender and scores on similar efficiency to Ja and Jonas is their most efficient scorer and rebounder.

Ja isn’t even top 3 on plus minus on the team and the team performs way worse defensively when he is out there. When Ja missed a month the team didn’t even miss a beat. It is arguable that he is their 3rd most important player.

You have the worst takes. :lol:

NewKnicks gave as good as he got, but was so focused on his anger that it consumed him and made him less likely to make corrections and studiously improve his basketball-evaluation skills. From Terrence Williams on down to the recent past, his tendency to overestimate the wrong players and overlook gems like RJ Barrett has led some posters to question his legacy. He is survived by several banned usernames and a generally more accurate and less rancorous basketball forum.

Spoiler:
Completely random but the director of Dallas Buyers died suddenly of a heart attack at age 58.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#367 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:07 pm

Perhaps one day this thread can be resolved peacefully with the stipulation that Ja Morant is the best player in the NBA and RJ is second :)
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,269

Post#368 » by Knicks Byke » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:22 pm

gap closing, no cap.
KnicksNext
Veteran
And1: 1,509

Post#369 » by KnicksNext » Fri May 6, 2022 6:51 pm

Since we have nothing else to do, I thought I'd revisit this thread. Good times. Enjoy! :lol:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,976

Post#370 » by DaGawd » Fri May 6, 2022 7:02 pm

Thread is embarrassing
BaF
Washington Wizards
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,584

Post#371 » by PeteW » Fri May 6, 2022 7:13 pm

Smh. This doesnt help the "Knicks fans always overrating their young players" narrative
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,916

Post#372 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 6, 2022 7:33 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Said it before the 2019 draft lottery, RJ will be a better player than Morant long-term.

It will just take him longer to reach his ceiling.

I just think RJ's power game as a wing will have more gravity than Morant's game, in addition to being more durable. I also think he's more of a culture changer than Morant.

Morant is clearly ahead right now. He's a stud and his game has translated immediately thanks to his otherworldly athleticism. RJ was more raw coming out of college but I believe his game will be more nuanced and more impactful than Morant after he makes the leap.

YOU KEEP THAT HOPE ALIVE CHANEL!!!!!!!
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#373 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri May 6, 2022 7:37 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Said it before the 2019 draft lottery, RJ will be a better player than Morant long-term.

I just think RJ's power game as a wing will have more gravity than Morant's game, in addition to being more durable. I also think he's more of a culture changer than Morant.

Morant is clearly ahead right now. He's a stud and his game has translated immediately thanks to his otherworldly athleticism. RJ was more raw coming out of college but I believe his game will be more nuanced and more impactful than Morant after he makes the leap.

Nah, I'm good.

I changed my opinion.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#374 » by El Poochio » Fri May 6, 2022 7:45 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

J Jonah Jameson when he started as intern

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,042

Post#375 » by Reign23 » Fri May 6, 2022 8:06 pm

good job, trolls
formerly known as knickst4pe
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#376 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 7, 2022 12:12 am

Pure gold in this thread :lol:
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#377 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 7, 2022 12:13 am

thebuzzardman wrote:I didn't see the "Not only no, but f*ck no" selection so don't feel like I was given an appropriate choice

Good call Buzz
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,481

Post#378 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 7, 2022 12:17 am

3toheadmelo wrote:still going with Ja. he’s a super athletic guard who can create his own shot and is a high level playmaker. rj is really just a 3 and drive guy right now. it’s a big gap to me. sorry

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#379 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 7, 2022 12:26 am

nedleeds wrote:
J9Starks3 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Lol. If Ja Morant gets hit by a bus.

Or steps on a foot?

He sprained an ankle, who cares. I'd trade this whole roster for him even if he tore his ACL.

Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#380 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat May 7, 2022 12:32 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:still going with Ja. he’s a super athletic guard who can create his own shot and is a high level playmaker. rj is really just a 3 and drive guy right now. it’s a big gap to me. sorry

Take this W melo. You called this early. You, DaGawd and nbastats.com helped me change my mind.

Return to New York Knicks