ImageImageImageImageImage

Its time for the Knicks to make a move on Randle before its too late.

Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Re: Its time for the Knicks to make a move on Randle before its too late. 

Post#281 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:16 pm

DickGrayson wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:Julius Randles replacement.

If you believe in this kid both Julius and Obi become a lot more expendable.

Toppin and Luka can co-exist.

I hope you guys are kidding. The odds of Toppin and Luka becoming starting players in a competitive team are very slim. I am rooting for them. But it's like when I root to win the lottery and become a millionaire. I know the odds...

Obi is an awful shooter, a below-average defender, and he doesn't have the size to bully opponents in the paint.

Luka can be a GLeague MVP. But in NBA, he is not very strong to defend the paint and he is not a very consistent shooter to be a reliable offensive threat.

Randle has a better shot to come back as last season Randle eventually than Obi and Luka ever be valuable NBA players.

If we get fair a fair deal, we should look to move Obi and Randle as well...
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#282 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:35 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

That trade offer isn't getting him, it would take Obi and IQ, simply because there's going to be a market for him.

We're looking like a lottery team right now with Thibs and Rose trying their hardest, all it takes is one bad stretch and we're in the top 10.

yeah we might end up in the lottery regardless, but there is still a difference. thibs would be grinding out very single meaningless win at the end of the season and we would end up with around 8-10th pick. this pick would then be playing 15 minutes a game next season. same **** over and over and over again.

Here's the thing, Thibs will eventually get fired if he keeps mothballing lottery picks, because that ultimately makes the front office look bad for selecting that player if he can't play and they will choose self-preservation over watching him ruin another pick. He has been fired from both of his previous coaching jobs, and he will most likely end up fired here as well.

1) 90% of coaches eventually get fired. Few coaches leave when their contracts expire. Being fired is kind of normal...

2) Front Office should know that Obi is not a star in the making and they know that Obi does not get any minutes because he plays in the same position as Randle. They did this mess. They drafted as a PF to replace Randle. In the end, they opted to keep Randle and extended his contract after he became an all-star.

3) Do not count Thibs out after winning a Coach of the year and bring a talentless roster to the playoffs last season. Besides, it's the Front office foul for getting kneeless Kemba and Evan in the offseason.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#283 » by DickGrayson » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:03 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:
WargamesX wrote:If you believe in this kid both Julius and Obi become a lot more expendable.

I hope you guys are kidding. The odds of Toppin and Luka becoming starting players in a competitive team are very slim. I am rooting for them. But it's like when I root to win the lottery and become a millionaire. I know the odds...

Obi is an awful shooter, a below-average defender, and he doesn't have the size to bully opponents in the paint.

Luka can be a GLeague MVP. But in NBA, he is not very strong to defend the paint and he is not a very consistent shooter to be a reliable offensive threat.

Randle has a better shot to come back as last season Randle eventually than Obi and Luka ever be valuable NBA players.

Obi's shooting hasn't come close to his potential yet. Jimmy Butler was a horrid shooter in his few seasons and he was an older rookie as well. Canceling Obi out and determining he'll be a bad shooter his enitre career is mindless. Especially since our highest paid player is shooting 40% FG and 30% 3PT.

Toppin's defense has been good and superior to Randle.

Toppin plays off the ball and moves around the ball. Julius Randle is 270lbs and still can't bully dudes in the paint, gets block more often than he should. He'll do one play using his body, but the rest shys away from contact and settle for a mid-range jumper.

Luka is still young and developing.

Knicks lost 4 games this season with Randle scoring 30 points. He's absolutely a huge black hole in our offense and defense. His impact on the floor is no different than when we centered our offense around Eddy Curry.

I would even say Luka/Obi are tougher than Julius. Julius is the utilmate diva, cries when fans boo him and only drops 2 points as a response. "But a not-so-funny thing happened on the way to a 31-point tour de force from the closest thing the Knicks have to a franchise player: Randle didn’t make another basket in 34 minutes. Not a single one. He attempted only a half dozen more shots, and missed them all, finishing with two points, or 29 points fewer than were contributed by RJ Barrett. "

https://www.change.org/p/julius-randle-stop-using-the-spin-move

Knicks are 3-0 when RJ scores 30 points
Knicks lost 4 games when Randle scores 30 points.
Dude went 8-24 for one game and we lost. How do you front and act like this is our best player when we preform better when RJ is leading us?

"Everything has been a struggle for Randle this year, and this night was no different. He threw up a near-airball from the right wing to end the first half, and a significant portion of the crowd booed him as he walked off the floor. Fans booed him again after he committed a turnover in the fourth quarter, and in the final minutes of the blowout, if only for something else to do, some customers in the rafters sent out a boozy-sounding chant of “Randle sucks.” "

Real Randle is the one we saw in the playoffs. He can't handle pressure when more is expected of him. He's soft. He meltdowns in the 4th quarter. Randle is too sensitive for NYC, it's time for you to let go and stop canceling on players who haven't gotten a real opportunity yet and stop upholding guys who played for a contract season and now they got signed, they're playing as a bottom 5 starter in the NBA. There's absolutely no question I would take 95% of other PF's in the NBA over Randle, this includes reserves. He's so ass on defense, he makes Walker look like prime Gary Payton. His offense is even worse than his defense base on the fact Julius thinks he's a QB, yet spin moves results in 3-5 turnovers and shoots worse than most guards.

Randle is always on cruise control and has contributed to nothing. Give me Toppin who can develop a jumper and Luka who looks way more active than Randle has ever looked. If Randle's jumper isn't falling, he's useless. Empty assist and rebounds.

Also, what you're proposing is exactly why Knicks struggle. Giving up on young players and they go elsewhere and blossom. Raptors and Heat capitalize on this. Why can't we? Luka is doing well in the G League and despite Toppin's shot not falling, he can be a 33-35% shooter with good defense. Toppin guards the P n R waaaaaaaaay better than Julius. Julius gets dominated in the paint...so theres no argument to why anyone would play Randle over Toppin for defense. We play better defensively with Toppin on the floor than Randle.

Toppin defensive rating is 102 when he's on the floor and Randle is 110. That is a massive difference. Stop posting lies.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#284 » by Richard4444 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:50 pm

DickGrayson wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:

Obi's shooting hasn't come close to his potential yet. Jimmy Butler was a horrid shooter in his few seasons and he was an older rookie as well. Canceling Obi out and determining he'll be a bad shooter his enitre career is mindless. Especially since our highest paid player is shooting 40% FG and 30% 3PT.

Toppin's defense has been good and superior to Randle.

Toppin plays off the ball and moves around the ball. Julius Randle is 270lbs and still can't bully dudes in the paint, gets block more often than he should. He'll do one play using his body, but the rest shys away from contact and settle for a mid-range jumper.

Luka is still young and developing.

Knicks lost 4 games this season with Randle scoring 30 points. He's absolutely a huge black hole in our offense and defense. His impact on the floor is no different than when we centered our offense around Eddy Curry.

I would even say Luka/Obi are tougher than Julius. Julius is the utilmate diva, cries when fans boo him and only drops 2 points as a response. "But a not-so-funny thing happened on the way to a 31-point tour de force from the closest thing the Knicks have to a franchise player: Randle didn’t make another basket in 34 minutes. Not a single one. He attempted only a half dozen more shots, and missed them all, finishing with two points, or 29 points fewer than were contributed by RJ Barrett. "

https://www.change.org/p/julius-randle-stop-using-the-spin-move

Knicks are 3-0 when RJ scores 30 points
Knicks lost 4 games when Randle scores 30 points.
Dude went 8-24 for one game and we lost. How do you front and act like this is our best player when we preform better when RJ is leading us?

"Everything has been a struggle for Randle this year, and this night was no different. He threw up a near-airball from the right wing to end the first half, and a significant portion of the crowd booed him as he walked off the floor. Fans booed him again after he committed a turnover in the fourth quarter, and in the final minutes of the blowout, if only for something else to do, some customers in the rafters sent out a boozy-sounding chant of “Randle sucks.” "

Real Randle is the one we saw in the playoffs. He can't handle pressure when more is expected of him. He's soft. He meltdowns in the 4th quarter. Randle is too sensitive for NYC, it's time for you to let go and stop canceling on players who haven't gotten a real opportunity yet and stop upholding guys who played for a contract season and now they got signed, they're playing as a bottom 5 starter in the NBA. There's absolutely no question I would take 95% of other PF's in the NBA over Randle, this includes reserves. He's so ass on defense, he makes Walker look like prime Gary Payton. His offense is even worse than his defense base on the fact Julius thinks he's a QB, yet spin moves results in 3-5 turnovers and shoots worse than most guards.

Randle is always on cruise control and has contributed to nothing. Give me Toppin who can develop a jumper and Luka who looks way more active than Randle has ever looked. If Randle's jumper isn't falling, he's useless. Empty assist and rebounds.

Also, what you're proposing is exactly why Knicks struggle. Giving up on young players and they go elsewhere and blossom. Raptors and Heat capitalize on this. Why can't we? Luka is doing well in the G League and despite Toppin's shot not falling, he can be a 33-35% shooter with good defense. Toppin guards the P n R waaaaaaaaay better than Julius. Julius gets dominated in the paint...so theres no argument to why anyone would play Randle over Toppin for defense. We play better defensively with Toppin on the floor than Randle.

Toppin defensive rating is 102 when he's on the floor and Randle is 110. That is a massive difference. Stop posting lies.

I am sick of Randle too. I would be happy if we get rid of him for a fair offer. (Expiring plus pick).

However, the truth is that Randle at least has the capacity to be an all-star player. Yes, he made it when the environment was better (no fans, no pressure for results, better defensive roster, prior 10 months of training with no games). But still quite an accomplishment. He can repeat that performance eventually; Especially if he improves his mental status to perform better under pressure. People usually handle better high-pressure situations with time and maturity... Again, I would prefer another team take this chance.

We have to stop dreaming about too great players' transformations on skill level. Obi has a ton of red flags. He usually only plays against reserves and when he has match advantages. When he is struggling he is immediately replaced by Thibs. There are small odds to overcome all these deficiencies. Although I am rooting for him, I would move him for a fair deal. Especially, if the plan is to keep Randle.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#285 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm

The fans booing him is BS, but he does need to play better.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,344

Post#286 » by rajajackal » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:54 pm

WargamesX wrote:The fans booing him is BS, but he does need to play better.

not trying to argue, just genuinely curious: what is up with people castigating fans for booing randle? i'm trying to understand the loyalty to a player who is disrespecting his team and its fans over said fans who have likely been supporting the team their entire lives
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#287 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 pm

rajajackal wrote:

not trying to argue, just genuinely curious: what is up with people castigating fans for booing randle? i'm trying to understand the loyalty to a player who is disrespecting his team and its fans over said fans who have likely been supporting the team their entire lives

It’s not that serious. It’s sports, and if the booing is affecting his ability to play, it’s in everyone’s benefit he plays better.

I say that as a decades long Knicks fan who has seen some **** with this team and I support trading Randle.

However, making booing Randle the new Bing Bong is short sighted as all heck. He actually played well on a bad shooting night and didn’t force a 10-32 night to get 20 points. Tons of guys have bad shooting nights and force the issue and the team loses. He played unselfish last night. That’s actually what we need more of from him.

If anyone needs to be booed it’s Thibs. Ya’ll still aren’t ready for that but he’s been a problem in almost everyway as a HC.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,915

Post#288 » by cgf » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:36 pm

Don't think we should rush it, though if there's a great deal for Julius we shouldn't just dismiss it out of hand. Julius gives the kids cover that lets them grow without the pressure & attention that Julius sees which really helps get the most out of kids...and get the most out of our young talent is a great way to improve our position.

Plus his value won't realistically get significantly lower without a devastating injury; even if last season's shooting does prove to be the anomaly. NBA folks who are still high on him as a 2nd/3rd option, who could run things while the team's #1 rested, aren't going to get dissuaded from that by seeing his limitations as a #1 option...especially since in that kind of role, he should have more energy to lock in on the defensive end.

Whereas if his shooting percentages bounce back and he gets closer to last year's percentages, and/or he has a strong showing in the play-in/playoffs this year, the potential impact to his value feels much higher.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#289 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:35 pm

WargamesX wrote:
rajajackal wrote:

It’s not that serious. It’s sports, and if the booing is affecting his ability to play, it’s in everyone’s benefit he plays better.

I say that as a decades long Knicks fan who has seen some **** with this team and I support trading Randle.

However, making booing Randle the new Bing Bong is short sighted as all heck. He actually played well on a bad shooting night and didn’t force a 10-32 night to get 20 points. Tons of guys have bad shooting nights and force the issue and the team loses. He played unselfish last night. That’s actually what we need more of from him.

If anyone needs to be booed it’s Thibs. Ya’ll still aren’t ready for that but he’s been a problem in almost everyway as a HC.

Yes, it's just sports. I tell myself that all the time.

Yet there are thousands of young men who would love to get paid $117M to play a game and never will.

When you do get that big break there is still integrity involved, because one of the wonders of sports and capitalism is you can play your way into a huge multi-generational wealth and then be a lazy dog and still collect that check. The only difference between a hustler who got paid and a man of integrity who got paid is showing effort.

There are no outs for the capitalists who put on the product. They're stuck with that player who took the bag and then phones it in. And so are their customers, AKA the fans.

So you can say its just a game, but in the entertainment business these are pretty high stakes and there are a million guys who'd bust their butts if they could get paid like that.

Randle has essentially trolled everyone with his lack of effort after getting paid. So he deserves whatever scorn that comes his way. As of now, he is a grifter who took the bag and now phones it in.

The burden is on Randle to change his behavior, not the fans. They are just a mirror reflecting the truth back to Randle.
ImageImageImage
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#290 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:47 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
rajajackal wrote:not trying to argue, just genuinely curious: what is up with people castigating fans for booing randle? i'm trying to understand the loyalty to a player who is disrespecting his team and its fans over said fans who have likely been supporting the team their entire lives

Yet there are thousands of young men who would love to get paid $117M to play a game and never will.

When you do get that big break there is still integrity involved, because one of the wonders of sports and capitalism is you can play your way into a huge multi-generational wealth and then be a lazy dog and still collect that check. The only difference between a hustler who got paid and a man of integrity who got paid is showing effort.

There are no outs for the capitalists who put on the product. They're stuck with that player who took the bag and then phones it in. And so are their customers, AKA the fans.

So you can say its just a game, but in the entertainment business these are pretty high stakes and there are a million guys who'd bust their butts if they could get paid like that.

Randle has essentially trolled everyone with his lack of effort after getting paid. So he deserves whatever scorn that comes his way. As of now, he is a grifter who took the bag and now phones it in.

The burden is on Randle to change his behavior, not the fans. They are just a mirror reflecting the truth back to Randle.

It is just a game, and I am not saying Randle shouldn’t get boo’ed. I am saying that game wasn’t boo worthy. Yeah he scored 2 pts but he didn’t force the issue to score 20 and the Knicks won. I rather he go 1-7 for 2 pts with 12 rebounds and the Knicks win, than 8-32 for 20 pts, 12 rebounds and the Knicks lose. If the Booing makes him play worst they should stop it. The booing is the type of thing that might make him force shots.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#291 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:03 pm

WargamesX wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

It is just a game, and I am not saying Randle shouldn’t get boo’ed. I am saying that game wasn’t boo worthy. Yeah he scored 2 pts but he didn’t force the issue to score 20 and the Knicks won. I rather he go 1-7 for 2 pts with 12 rebounds and the Knicks win, than 8-32 for 20 pts, 12 rebounds and the Knicks lose.

If I were at that game I would have been having too much fun watching RJ's coming out party to boo Randle
ImageImageImage
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#292 » by ohboy109 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:22 pm

KOA wrote:Where was this talk last year when Randle led the team to the playoffs and won MIP? Or how about the month of October when the Knicks were 5-1?
Is there any player this board wouldn't turn on in the blink of a second?

This is the reason the Knicks can never have a good team. The fan base isn't willing to be patient (unless its the likes of Frank Ntilikina). How can you ever rebuild with a fan base that turn on any and every player after a poor game? This is becoming disgraceful...

The talk was there only the delusionals wanted to keep him and build around that fraud
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#293 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:30 pm

WargamesX wrote:
rajajackal wrote:

All of this (the boos yesterday) could've been prevented if Thibs had had the decency to pull Randle in the 4th when the game was already over.

But Thibs doesn't read the room, and he did to Randle what he did to Payton last year. Just threw him to the wolves.

As a head coach, at some point you have to know when to protect your players.

It's a matter of decency.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#294 » by Oscirus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:56 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,265

Post#295 » by DOT » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:08 pm

Here's what happened:

Berman writes an article that the Knicks are interested in Grant and Turner, speculates it's due to the FO not being sold on Julius since it came out around the time of the thumbs-down

This writer takes that and re-hashes it:

Now, rumors have indicated that the Knicks are interested in bringing Pistons man Jerami Grant to New York. This could be a warning sign for Randle, considering that both players play power forward.

According to The Athletic (via New York Post), a potential move for Grant and the Knicks' supposed interest in Myles Turner is thanks to them not being sold on Randle as the long-term option to lead them. Grant is available as the Pistons are looking to build around a young core of Cade Cunningham and Saddiq Bey.

Conceivably, Grant and Randle can play together as both are able to play multiple positions but if the Knicks are also looking to bring in Turner, that could mean they lack confidence in Randle.

It's literally just Berman stirring sh*t. Y'all need to stop letting this man get away with it.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#296 » by DickGrayson » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:20 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nba-rumors-knicks-are-not-sold-on-julius-randle-as-a-long-term-option/ar-AASI0L4?ocid=msedgntp

This is the obvious and Knicks will struggle moving Randle because he has the same trade value as Russell Westbrook, which is negative value. Turnover machine streaky jackasses who flop in the playoffs and play no defense all season long, but want to be paid like all stars and will even show some empty assist to give the assumption they're team oriented players.

Knicks f'ed themselves resigning Randle, idgaf he won "Most Improved", Randle showed his true self in the playoffs.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,915

Post#297 » by cgf » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:36 pm

K-DOT wrote:

Here's what happened:

Berman writes an article that the Knicks are interested in Grant and Turner, speculates it's due to the FO not being sold on Julius since it came out around the time of the thumbs-down

This writer takes that and re-hashes it:

Now, rumors have indicated that the Knicks are interested in bringing Pistons man Jerami Grant to New York. This could be a warning sign for Randle, considering that both players play power forward.

According to The Athletic (via New York Post), a potential move for Grant and the Knicks' supposed interest in Myles Turner is thanks to them not being sold on Randle as the long-term option to lead them. Grant is available as the Pistons are looking to build around a young core of Cade Cunningham and Saddiq Bey.

Conceivably, Grant and Randle can play together as both are able to play multiple positions but if the Knicks are also looking to bring in Turner, that could mean they lack confidence in Randle.

It's literally just Berman stirring sh*t. Y'all need to stop letting this man get away with it.

Some people just wanna read what they want to read :dontknow:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#298 » by SuperflyKnick » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 am

Julius should stop bringing to ball up the floor …. He should stop turn around shots … just be a facilitator in the post and make the correct descions and he will be fine
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,568

Post#299 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:14 pm

...andddd its too late... now we're gonna have to give picks up to get rid of this bum.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#300 » by WargamesX » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:30 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:...andddd its too late... now we're gonna have to give picks up to get rid of this bum.

No… if you look at the FA this summer who are legit open to go to new teams. Randle is actually one of it not the most talented in the bunch. It should be a relatively painless trade if a team wants to upgrade.

Return to New York Knicks