Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1821 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:42 pm

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#1822 » by doclinkin » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:08 am

FAH1223 wrote:;t=42s

Tedious. Kwame has no point. His sole point is what: he doesn't want people talking about him anymore. Sorry dude, you picked the wrong industry. You got famous, made a bunch of money, didn't quite live up to hopes or expectations, but whatever, you had a career that made you famous. If that has after effects hey, you can turn that into a positive if you want. But you can't erase your name from anyone's memory. And now you are only making it worse by picking pointless fights. Half an hour into it and he still has nothing to say beyond: why are you answering questions on a show? Then he goes into all the other irrelevant BS. Drop it, the same way it was in Kwame's nature to shrink from the spotlight in his career, and even now when he is trying to redact his name from public memory, the same way it is in Kwame's nature to not want to be noticed, it is in Gilbert's nature to talk. If people are going to ask him a question he is going to answer it. Gil is right, he never said anything disrespectful about Kwame in particular. He said he wasn't a bust and laid out reasons why the deck was stacked against him from the jump. This is Gil. Gil will clown on anybody, in this case he did not. Kwame better walk away from this one, he is not going to win a war of perception with the player who basically won the internet the moment he showed up on the Sports Bog. The first digital hero in basketball. And no Kwame, as long as you keep publicly talking, nobody is going to leave you alone to sip beer in your basement and let you retire in peace. Retire from the internet and you won't hear about it and nobody will have jack to say.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 364

Post#1823 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:09 am

seeing why kwame failed in real time. he's a little bitch, he's always been a little bitch. He got to play with basketball junkies like MJ and Gilbert, people who had transcendent work ethic and dedication, and he resents them for having the heart that he never had.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1824 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:49 pm

When Kevin Broom used to contribute to RealGM, he posted about Kwame quite a bit. I won't try to do what Kevin wrote justice with my limited recollections but I will add my opinion.

Doug Collins and player Michael Jordan, along with a cast of misfit cronies and a ton of older, more experienced big men at his position were on the roster.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2002.html

Rookie Kwame also had rookies Brendan and Etan (*who I found to be both beJerks in HawaiiI at Pete Newell's at the same time Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry were each very Approachable and Friendly....KWAME and ZACH RANDOLPH both were patient enough and respectful to me....some things that you never forget BTW)

On top of that, KB had Jordan cronies. decent big men. Christian Laettner and Popeye Jones to go up against in practice and for minutes. Jordan was 38 and crabby and poor Kwame was 19.Whatever his aptitude was he sure couldn't come into a much worse situation. Whatever his skill level was lacking. his confidence here took a major hit with all those **** as teammates.

This was also the year that Michael Jordan supplanted Richard Hamilton in the move that I knew was going to be bad when he brought in stackhouse.

Kwame had huge obstacles to overcome from day one with Washington.
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#1825 » by Kanyewest » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:51 am

doclinkin wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:;t=42s

Tedious. Kwame has no point. His sole point is what: he doesn't want people talking about him anymore. Sorry dude, you picked the wrong industry. You got famous, made a bunch of money, didn't quite live up to hopes or expectations, but whatever, you had a career that made you famous. If that has after effects hey, you can turn that into a positive if you want. But you can't erase your name from anyone's memory. And now you are only making it worse by picking pointless fights. Half an hour into it and he still has nothing to say beyond: why are you answering questions on a show? Then he goes into all the other irrelevant BS. Drop it, the same way it was in Kwame's nature to shrink from the spotlight in his career, and even now when he is trying to redact his name from public memory, the same way it is in Kwame's nature to not want to be noticed, it is in Gilbert's nature to talk. If people are going to ask him a question he is going to answer it. Gil is right, he never said anything disrespectful about Kwame in particular. He said he wasn't a bust and laid out reasons why the deck was stacked against him from the jump. This is Gil. Gil will clown on anybody, in this case he did not. Kwame better walk away from this one, he is not going to win a war of perception with the player who basically won the internet the moment he showed up on the Sports Bog. The first digital hero in basketball. And no Kwame, as long as you keep publicly talking, nobody is going to leave you alone to sip beer in your basement and let you retire in peace. Retire from the internet and you won't hear about it and nobody will have jack to say.

Yup, Kwame Brown comes across as delusional- the alcohol appears to give him false confidence- which also makes him say stuff without thinking which creates a lot of paradoxes and hypocrisies. For instance, he says he balled on in game 2 helping the Wizards win - however the Wizards ended up losing the game, and only won when Brown was benched. It's interesting that Arenas started his career on the bench with the Warriors and Kwame Brown's tenure as a Wizard ended with him on the bench. Arenas worked his way into the rotation whereas Brown decided not to show up to practice, and ended up blaming Arenas for his ultimate benching.

Interesting that Jordan bullied Brown early in his career - allegedly Brown was called homophobic term - and now Brown resorts to using similar tactics. he called Arenas "lady-like" for not fighting someone in the club when someone tried to steal Arenas's jewelry. Accuses Arenas of accepting money from white men.

Overall, it looks like Kwame has some unresolved issues of the past. He needs to make Arenas the symbol for all his problems instead of dealing with his own insecurities. I think Gilbert is right that Brown is jealous.

Funny that the youtuber said "why couldn't you guys stick it out like Shaq and Kobe?". :lol:

It's both amazing and depressing that this content exists as a Wizards fan.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 364

Post#1826 » by Silvie Lysandra » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Kwame had huge obstacles to overcome from day one with Washington.

like, you know who else got bullied by michael jordan? Scottie Pippen. He punched Steve Kerr in the face. He physically dragged Dennis Rodman out of the bed he was **** Carmen Electra in to get him to practice. Ask them what they thought of MJ's leadership. But it's MJ's fault that Kwame couldn't respond to one of the greatest leaders and basketball workaholics in NBA history, and now he's out here at like, pushing 40 years old, blaming more **** on another guy who worked harder than him.

You've spent what, 15+ years making excuses for Kwame? Sometimes you have to apply Occam's razor instead of constantly insisting that maybe if he had been coddled more and "allowed to grow up", he would have succeeded - he did not, does not, and never will have the mental makeup for the NBA. That's why he failed. He had enough physical talent to be a mediocre role player, but that's it.

Like, even a dude like Blatche turned into a really good player and he left the NBA to coast in China lmao.
RealGM

Post#1827 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:19 am

Dennis Rodman or something like 21 years old before he was even in college.Scott Pippen was a very mature guy as well. Kwame Brown came from a small part of Florida and did not play top high school competition nor did he play AAU ball.

Go ahead and blame Kwame for for toughening up for BROKE DOWN SELFISH SHELL OF WHAT HE USED TO BE Jordan.

I got my side I’ll stick to.

We are good at disagree w each other.

10-12 years ago I was right about JaVale McGee. I remember the debate about Paul Millsap and I was right about that.There are players who met me in 2002 who could tell you what I told him and I’m not even gonna repeat it to you. One of those players Zach Randolph another players Bobby Simmons. I was right about so much **** that I can’t even remember what you were right about.

For 15 years you’ve been showing your ass and honestly I’m not gonna kiss it either
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1828 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:23 am

That was brutally honest how I feel. I never said I could NOT be wrong but since you want to make that **** personal then I’ll make it real personal.

I disagree with you about Kwame brown but I don’t even know where you stand on anything
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1829 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:28 am

What I love the most is Kwame comes across as a big ignorant Negro and a lot of people don’t like their tone of voice coming from a big black man.

He is not a dummy at all. A lot of what he says is for affect (effect?) and is pretty shrewd.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1830 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:28 am

Chaos R,

I won’t even share my Kwame story.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1831 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:02 am

For the record 20 years ago I wanted the Wizards to draft Shane Battier and either of Zach Randolph or Troy Murphy instead of them selecting Kwame Brown
Bye bye Beal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1832 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Possibly two former Wizards traded for each other AGAIN? Just a rumor (and only from one side) but still... :o
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1833 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:54 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Dennis Rodman or something like 21 years old before he was even in college.Scott Pippen was a very mature guy as well. Kwame Brown came from a small part of Florida and did not play top high school competition nor did he play AAU ball.

Go ahead and blame Kwame for for toughening up for BROKE DOWN SELFISH SHELL OF WHAT HE USED TO BE Jordan.

10-12 years ago I was right about JaVale McGee. I remember the debate about Paul Millsap and I was right about that.There are players who met me in 2002 who could tell you what I told him and I’m not even gonna repeat it to you. One of those players Zach Randolph another players Bobby Simmons. I was right about so much **** that I can’t even remember what you were right about.

For 15 years you’ve been showing your ass and honestly I’m not gonna kiss it either

Funny thing is Arenas played with Jordan in a summer league camp before the NBA. Michael Jordan compared him to Randy Brown and Gilbert Arenas was offended. Kwame does deny the story about Jordan bullying him though (although I think it is true).

Actually think the McGee for Nene swap worked out best for the Wizards given the leadership he provided and covered up a lot of defensive mistakes for the Wizards. You may have been right about McGee but probably a good decision to trade him given the contract he was going to get at the time- 44 million over 4 years. I believe McGee has made 13 million or so since then.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1834 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:55 pm

Kwame Brown gets upset when people go after him and now he's criticizing LeBron :D
RealGM

Post#1835 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:08 am

Kanyewest wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Dennis Rodman or something like 21 years old before he was even in college.Scott Pippen was a very mature guy as well. Kwame Brown came from a small part of Florida and did not play top high school competition nor did he play AAU ball.

Funny thing is Arenas played with Jordan in a summer league camp before the NBA. Michael Jordan compared him to Randy Brown and Gilbert Arenas was offended. Kwame does deny the story about Jordan bullying him though (although I think it is true).

Actually think the McGee for Nene swap worked out best for the Wizards given the leadership he provided and covered up a lot of defensive mistakes for the Wizards. You may have been right about McGee but probably a good decision to trade him given the contract he was going to get at the time- 44 million over 4 years. I believe McGee has made 13 million or so since then.

I did not complain about the Nene trade at all. That was a good trade for Washington.

My only comments were against the vastly negative comments about Javale, particularly during the time Shaq was trying to ruin him. Flip Saunders also was real negative and constantly threw McGee under the bus.
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1836 » by Kanyewest » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:20 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:

I did not complain about the Nene trade at all. That was a good trade for Washington.

My only comments were against the vastly negative comments about Javale, particularly during the time Shaq was trying to ruin him. Flip Saunders also was real negative and constantly threw McGee under the bus.

Yeah you are right. BTW, I think I was also defending him back then- I remember saying that he was a good value at 18 (not great but alright) - he 100% got too much flac just because most of the roster was pretty bad. He did mature though for sure later in his career.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1837 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:48 pm

Admiral Schofield was nabbed by Orlando, signed to their G-League team, then given a roster spot, he is as nondescript there as he was here.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/6230/
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#1838 » by doclinkin » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:40 am

Reading Dallas stuff for intel on Kristaps and I discover an unforgettable name is a player development coach for them. Reminded me of this article:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/shammgod-streetball-new-york-nba
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 820

Post#1839 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:16 pm

doclinkin wrote:Reading Dallas stuff for intel on Kristaps and I discover an unforgettable name is a player development coach for them. Reminded me of this article:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/shammgod-streetball-new-york-nba

Great story and great pics in there. Well-spent 10 minutes reading that - hit 'em with the Shammgod, son!!
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#1840 » by FAH1223 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Washington Wizards