No
80%

Total votes: 5

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Doable Divisional Deal? 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:45 am

As strange as it may seem for divisional rivals to trade with one another, there is a precedent among all parties. Never before as a 3-way, though!

What are your thoughts on this deal?

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7511757

Boston: Al Horford and Jaylen Brown for Ben Simmons and Joe Harris (the Celtics get a playmaker and a shooter to support Jayson)

Brooklyn: Joe Harris and Jevon Carter for Al Horford and Danny Green (the Nets get tough veterans who can defend and provide spacing for the Big 3)

Philadelphia: Ben Simmons and Danny Green for Jaylen Brown and Jevon Carter (the Sixers get an All-Star wing to complement Joel, and slide under the luxury tax)

We can quibble about picks to balance value, but what do you think of the framework?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Re: Doable Divisional Deal? 

Post#2 » by GYK » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:41 am

I’m absolutely a believer that Joe has to be traded for a defensive core player. But why would we bring in aging(maybe next season vet minimums) Al Hordford and Danny Green for our most valuable assets? It’s a multiyear run, why would bear retirement players ever be in question for us?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#3 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:37 pm

Hell no. The last thing the Nets need is to get older and slower at the expense of shooting.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:05 pm

That's a horrible trade and it makes Philly and Boston better. I don't think we can even beat Philly in a 7 game series at this rate, but we would probably get swept if they were to acquire Brown.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

Post#5 » by Stone » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:13 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:Hell no. The last thing the Nets need is to get older and slower at the expense of shooting.

I voted no for the same reasons.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:48 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:As strange as it may seem for divisional rivals to trade with one another, there is a precedent among all parties. Never before as a 3-way, though!

What are your thoughts on this deal?

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7511757

Boston: Al Horford and Jaylen Brown for Ben Simmons and Joe Harris (the Celtics get a playmaker and a shooter to support Jayson)

Brooklyn: Joe Harris and Jevon Carter for Al Horford and Danny Green (the Nets get tough veterans who can defend and provide spacing for the Big 3)

Philadelphia: Ben Simmons and Danny Green for Jaylen Brown and Jevon Carter (the Sixers get an All-Star wing to complement Joel, and slide under the luxury tax)

We can quibble about picks to balance value, but what do you think of the framework?

Value in a vaccum - not awful. We cut years on joes salary and get a proven playoff shooter in Green.

would i do it? No.

We have too many centers as is, especially veteran declining ones you cant count on. Horford gives better shooting but like blake has been awful from 3 this year and not very good the past few seasons. Defensively better? maybe then blake/LMA but not claxton. You trade for horford and its possible he isnt even playing come playoff time. so its really more of a salary play

Harris for green for me is a no.regardless of joes showing vs the bucks last year. he is younger, better and he the chemistry with this group. The most clear link to our struggles is the day Joe got hurt. we are 13-11 since then and awful on offense/from three

I'm not against trading joe in something similar. but instead of horford id need a 3 & D forward... something like norm powell or covington.

would boston do this? No. They have said publically this week they arent breaking up brown/tatum this year. and they dont want simmons, they could have made that deal 10 times now. I DO think boston would trade for Harris though.

I'd make a deal more like:

Harris for Smart + Pritchard.

Pritchard is a floor spacing shooter who can play point guard but also defend SF's. and Smart brings D with ok shooting although he seems to shoot better in big spots. we know he is elite on D

Return to Brooklyn Nets