PG Charlotte: White Guys Can’t Shoot

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Re: PG Charlotte: White Guys Can’t Shoot 

Post#81 » by Jez2983 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:07 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Probably the two worst losses of the season (this and Detroit) in the last 4 games, but also probably the best win (Brooklyn) in that same stretch. A big nothing-burger in the grand scheme of things, but occasionally we still see glimpses of the pre-championship jitters this team got/gets in the 4th quarter of games and crunch time situations. Unacceptable to not even get a shot off on the last possession.

Also, I've been holding back because I truly believe that the team doesn't care much about the regular season, but....maybe they should just a little bit? Everyone keeps parroting the seeding doesn't matter thing because we won last year, but I'm going to go ahead and disagree. Bucks are 16-3 at Fiserv in the Bud postseason era, and 15-14 away from Fiserv in that same span. I don't think that's an unimportant stat...

Yup, we're in the second half of the season, virtually everyone has been in protocols, it's time to go out and win some games.

And even then, later in the season, some teams are going to completely quit on games so instead of falling into the playoffs like we did last year we can really build through the back end of the season.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,773

Post#82 » by RubberSoul » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:40 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
buckboy wrote:
RubberSoul wrote: Hard to see this team making it out of the 1st round at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus, man. Take a deep breath.

I think he's kidding.

Sorry poor sarcasm on my part. Maybe if Ham was the full time coach haha.

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,694

Post#83 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:49 am

Whenever I doubt this team (which is every second game lately) I remind myself that around this time last year I was 99% certain they are a 2nd round exit. I even wrote them off halfway into the 2nd round, and again halfway into the ECF.

At least now I know they are capable of digging in and finding their best self when it matters. Maybe they will again this year. No guarantees of course.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#84 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:42 pm

RubberSoul wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Jesus, man. Take a deep breath.

I think he's kidding.

Sorry poor sarcasm on my part. Maybe if Ham was the full time coach haha.

Sorry man. Missed that one.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#85 » by fan230 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:18 am

I was making some quick calculations based off the Hornets game stats and found something interesting. Hope the calculations and assumptions are right. Please see.

We had identical number of 3 point makes: 13-43 for us and 13-44 for them.

So difference.

Assuming the fg values are total field goal attempts:

Our fg was 37-84 = 44% and theirs was 38-96 = 39.6%

This means that the Bucks made 24-41 2 pointers = 59% and Hornets made 25 of 52 = 48.1%.

Their 2 pt % was much lower but because they shot so much more than the Bucks, they ended up making one extra two point shot. This plus two extra free throws made for them 14 for them and 12 for us. So they beat us by 2 + 2 = 4 points.

This what I found interesting particularly: Why did they get to shoot 52 two point shots and we shot only 41 times?

This is why even though their 2 pointer percentage was much lower than us, they got more points than us from 2 point shots made.

Why did they get to shoot 52 two point shots and we shot only 41 times? Is it because of our turnovers? Seems unlikely. We had 6 turnovers more than them but they made 11 2 point attempts more than us.

If we able to make about the same number of 2 point attempts as them, we would have easily won.

If the above computations are correct, it may mean something for our future game strategies.

Thoughts?
craig
Senior
And1: 128

Post#86 » by craig » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:00 am

Turnovers 20 vs 14.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,491

Post#87 » by Milbucks96 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:12 am

craig wrote:Turnovers 20 vs 14.

Plus 6 more offensive rebounds, 5 of them by mason Plumlee. Playing a true center vs a team that’s going to play pfs at center most of the night will get you a few more scoring opportunities.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks