ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#1 » by NetsWorld » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:32 pm

Since it has not been posted I will post it, thoughts and predictions, what happens tonight?

Based on Nets recent play as of late against awful G-League quality players, I don't think Nets win tonight. Just like Milwaukee thrashed us, I expect a Bulls thrashing as well. Do I want us to win, absolutely and it would be a confidence boost at that, but based on Bulls recent play and our struggles, they will most likely destroy us.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets @ Bulls, 10PM EST Game Thread 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:51 pm

This game will be interesting. unclear if Kyrie/Harden will play.

"IF" Kyrie/Harden play I expect a statement game stomping. The bulls played last night. We had a day off. We just had an embarassing loss and need to a win badly. if the team loses this game, its a clear sign the ship is sunk and massive changes are needed. Nash should not keep his job if we lose this game at full strength.

Our next 8 games (5 on the road w/ Kyrie):
Thunder
Pelicans
Cavs
Wizards
Spurs
Wolves
Lakers
Kings

If we win tonight its a statement win with a chance to go on a 8-2 or 9-1 run to get us feeling better. If we lose tonight its the perfect time to fire nash and give a new coach a chance at some early wins to build confidence.

Either way, Tonights game is a turning point in the season, for better or worse.

The Bulls dont scare me. Like i said about last years sixers they are ok team but complete fraud pretenders who will get stomped out in embarassing fashion in the playoffs. Vucevic cant be on the floor in the playoffs as a massive liability. Derozan is the biggest playoff choker of this generation. Their depth helps beat teams and playoffs rotations shorten.

Love Lavine and ball but at full strength we should stomp them. If we dont.. it gets ugly
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#3 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:06 pm

It could be a thrashing, but I don't think it will be as bad as the Bucks game. It will be more of the same again where we play even or slightly above for 36 of 48 minutes, but there will inevitably be a couple extended 6ish minute stretches where the wheels fall off.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:11 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:It could be a thrashing, but I don't think it will be as bad as the Bucks game. It will be more of the same again where we play even or slightly above for 36 of 48 minutes, but there will inevitably be a couple extended 6ish minute stretches where the wheels fall off.

If Kyrie and Harden play we are more insulated vs a bad stretch.

Bulls arent great. They arent close to the bucks, especially head to head looking at it. Much easier to defend for us.

but really the team either is there looking to make a statement or dont care and are waiting for marks to drop the hammer on someone. it should be obvious which shortly after tip off.

Its also the front of a back to back. i could see one or both of KD/Harden sitting
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#5 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:22 pm

Caruso - OUT
Javonte Green - OUT

Kyrie - QUESTIONABLE (expects to play)
Harden - QUESTIONABLE (expects to play)
Claxton - QUESTIONABLE (not expected to play)
Harris - OUT
LMA - OUT

projected starters

Lavine
Ball
Derozan
Jones Jr.
Vuecevic

Harden
Kyrie
Duke, Jr.
Durant
Griffin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:39 pm

This is going to be a 30 point blow out. I'm taking Chicago at -2.5 easily

If the Nets are going to play like crap, I am going to take advantage of it. I'm so disgusted by this team right now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#7 » by HardenGoat » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:40 pm

Gotta stop the Lavine and Derozan open looks, it's that simple. Stay attached to Derozan, treat him like Curry. I would have Bembry and Brown as our primary defenders here. Duke is going to get burned I can already see it plus rack up fouls.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#8 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 pm

If we get blown out Nash should be fired the next day.

Won't happen though.

I have little faith in this team right now. They look like a mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#9 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:48 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Gotta stop the Lavine and Derozan open looks, it's that simple. Stay attached to Derozan, treat him like Curry. I would have Bembry and Brown as our primary defenders here. Duke is going to get burned I can already see it plus rack up fouls.

Iavine gets mostly contested looks. he is an elite tough shot maker. i think you live with whatever he gets. Dont put derzon on the FT line or fall for all his pump fakes. make him a passer and a range shooter not a driver/pull up shooter.

Encourage Vuc to score in the post. they cant win that way. DO NOT double Vuc and allow open threes. live with what vuc gets

Play Vuc off the floor by hunting switches. he can guard anyone
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#10 » by Stone » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:52 pm

Claxton is going to miss another game? What happened this time, a cold potty seat in the visitors locker room.......Jesus Christ

I think we are all trying to stay calm, optimistic and realistic. Tonight is the most important game of the season so far for us. We need to go 110% for 48 minutes.

A big bounce back game from Patty would be huge.

Lets Go !!!!!!
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Stone wrote:Claxton is going to miss another game? What happened this time, a cold potty seat in the visitors locker room.......Jesus Christ

I think we are all trying to stay calm, optimistic and realistic. Tonight is the most important game of the season so far for us. We need to go 110% for 48 minutes.

Lets Go !!!!!!

Mills is gassed. He isnt used to playing these kinds of minutes, especially at the pace he plays. he needs a night off soon and in general a reduced load.

Claxton hurt his hamstring
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#12 » by Stone » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:32 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Stone wrote:Claxton is going to miss another game? What happened this time, a cold potty seat in the visitors locker room.......Jesus Christ

Lets Go !!!!!!

Mills is gassed. He isnt used to playing these kinds of minutes, especially at the pace he plays. he needs a night off soon and in general a reduced load.

Prok, I'm getting tiered of the excuses. Not from you but in general. Patty is a pro athlete, maybe he not be out there for 40+ minutes but he should be able to give us a strong 20.

First I'm hearing about Claxton hamstring.....I hope he can recover 100% quickly, we need him.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#13 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:35 pm

Stone wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Lets Go !!!!!!

Prok, I'm getting tiered of the excuses. Not from you but in general. Patty is a pro athlete, maybe he not be out there for 40+ minutes but he should be able to give us a strong 20.

First I'm hearing about Claxton hamstring.....I hope he can recover 100% quickly, we need him.

Patty CAN give us a strong 20. The last 7 years he gave the spurs an outstanding 22-24 minutes

We are asking him to give 32 a night with no off days and to carry a big offensive load. Same with KD. cant expect 40 mintues a night of sustained good play
rjforniss
Sophomore
And1: 179

Post#14 » by rjforniss » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:57 pm

Bulls fan here. I come in peace. Just wanted to say good luck and let’s hope for a good, non injury riddled game.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#15 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:02 pm

Lets Go !!!!!!

Clax has a hamstring issue

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:03 pm

rjforniss wrote:Bulls fan here. I come in peace. Just wanted to say good luck and let’s hope for a good, non injury riddled game.

Wishing your team the same. You guys are well coached, and you have a solid roster with guys who are all in.

You guys are going to win this game big, anywhere from 24 to 30 point blowout

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:05 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:If we get blown out Nash should be fired the next day.

Won't happen though.

I have little faith in this team right now. They look like a mess.

If?

We got smacked by a Blazers team with no Dame or CJ. The Bulls are a solid team on both ends of the floor. We are going to be beaten badly. This is going to be on every sports news media show tomorrow.

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#18 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 pm

I would LOVE to see us go into Chicago with our full Big 3 and play inspired, energetic, cohesive basketball for 48 minutes. I'll live with the outcome in that scenario.

The only fear/doubt/concern/frustration that I have is that, while waiting for the Big 3 to emerge and save us all, the rest of the team has fallen into bad habits. I hate to go all Riley on us, but "Scary Hours ain't waking thru that door!"

Our role players need to empty the tank instead of conserve energy to stay on the court. When they get gassed from taking charges, setting screens, flashing backdoor, diving for loose balls, heating up passing lanes, scramming, denying the wing, boxing out and doing all of the other little things, we need Nash to TAKE THEM OUT. He bemoans a lack of energy and effort after every game, and yet he doesn't extend the bench or limit his stars' minutes so that they have enough juice for winning time. The definition of insanity...

Whoever shares the court with our stars has GOT to stay in front of their guards, and has GOT to take and make corner 3's. That's a tall task for any of our perimeter players, relative to season averages.

Bloodied and unbowed, I'm still standing for our Nets. Go Brooklyn!!!!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
rjforniss
Sophomore
And1: 179

Post#19 » by rjforniss » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
rjforniss wrote:Bulls fan here. I come in peace. Just wanted to say good luck and let’s hope for a good, non injury riddled game.

Wishing your team the same. You guys are well coached, and you have a solid roster with guys who are all in.

You guys are going to win this game big, anywhere from 24 to 30 point blowout

As much as I would love to win big tonight, we are still missing two of our main defensive guys which has hurt our defensive ranking lately. No, I’m not making excuses, but I don’t think getting a win against the Nets tonight will be a cakewalk.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#20 » by ducler » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets