[Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing...

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

[Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#1 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:58 pm

The Sixers are targeting top 25-caliber players for trades, but those kinds of assets have yet to be made available to them in offers, sources said. Some teams have even described the Sixers' asking price for a Simmons' deal as growing in price - not declining, sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33052865/sources-ben-simmons-agent-meets-philadelphia-76ers-sides-no-closer-resolution

"Daryl, teams are saying we're asking too much for Ben, what should we do?"

"Ask for more!"

:roll:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,705

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#2 » by Quattro » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:02 am

What a joke
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,098

Post#3 » by Statlanta » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 am

I don't think it's Morey I think it's more the Sixers management group(Philadelphia is an historic franchise).

That said too many teams(10 in the West/12 in the East) are still in the race for a play-in spot. If the play-in wasn't invented maybe teams would be less gun shy about trading.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#4 » by Pharmcat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:04 am

Tht , 26 first rd pick , Westbrook should be good offer for morey
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#5 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:05 am

So this article says Ben is still being fined. While Shams article the other day said he wasn’t being fined. Curious which one it is.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Post#6 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:06 am

Well, Morey has been proven right, in the offseason, no one thought Brown or Beal for Simmons are realistic, I think both deals are totally realistic now, and if Lillard wasn't injured, he also would be realistic.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#7 » by Richard Miller » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:09 am

Totally realistic with Ben saying he will need multiple weeks to just start playing
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:10 am

I’m just curious when Philly thinks Ben’s value is going to increase till the point they get back what they want in return.

Because all off-season many were saying the thought process was, well come trade deadline time that is when teams will get more desperate and Philly can get the best return.

But now it seems like Philly is more than willing to just wait till the off-season to trade him. But we’ve already gone through an off-season of him being available for trades and they weren’t happy with the potential return then.

So I’m just curious, when is the time Philly is going to get that return? You can’t tell me Simmons this off-season will have more value than Simmons last off-season when he hasn’t played a second.

Are we just going to get a never ending

Summer time: Just wait till the start of the season, we might see a good return then
Start of season: Just wait till the trade deadline, we might see a good return then
Trade deadline: Just wait till the off-season, we’re might see a good return then
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#9 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:12 am

Morey might be one of the most overrated GMs I've seen.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,364

Post#10 » by Hipster Doofus » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:12 am

I like it. Teams are becoming desperate, and will become even more desperate as the playoffs near and some are on the cusp.

If that strategy doesn't work, there's always draft day and the off-season.

Ben was hoping to jet outta Philly. That ain't happenin, cuz. You gonna stay till the franchise is the benefactor, not you :D
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:12 am

KhalilS wrote:Well, Morey has been proven right, in the offseason, no one thought Brown or Beal for Simmons are realistic, I think both deals are totally realistic now, and if Lillard wasn't injured, he also would be realistic.

Morey has been proven right? Every single article written about a Simmons trade all say the same thing.

“Simmons is no closer to returning to the team and the team is no closer to getting a trade done.”

How is that proving Morey right?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Post#12 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:13 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:Well, Morey has been proven right, in the offseason, no one thought Brown or Beal for Simmons are realistic, I think both deals are totally realistic now, and if Lillard wasn't injured, he also would be realistic.

Morey has been proven right? Every single article written about a Simmons trade all say the same thing.

“Simmons is no closer to returning to the team and the team is no closer to getting a trade done.”

He didn't take the lowball offers, and now better options are becoming realistic.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,622

Post#13 » by PlatinumState » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:15 am

Lets face it....hes gonna sit out the rest of his contract, which is the next 3 seasons
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#14 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:17 am

It's cool to think things. You're wrong, for all of those players, but good for you anyway.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:18 am

KhalilS wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

He didn't take the lowball offers, and now better options are becoming realistic.

We must be reading two very different articles. The one I read from the OP clearly states

“those kinds of assets have yet to be made available to them in offers”

And

“and the Sixers' steep asking price has brought Simmons no closer to a potential trade”

I’m not seeing where these top 25 players are becoming available to the 6ers. This article again says the complete opposite, these kind of players are still not being made available and the 6ers are no closer to making a trade.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#16 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:18 am

Canadian6ersFan wrote:I like it. Teams are becoming desperate, and will become even more desperate as the playoffs near and some are on the cusp.

Ben was hoping to jet outta Philly. That ain't happenin, cuz. You gonna stay till the franchise is the benefactor, not you :D

Which? Which teams are becoming desperate?
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#17 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:19 am

KhalilS wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Where? All articles about Beal and Lillard have firmly put them at still completely off the trade market. Brown migggght be available, but if he was available for Simmons, that deal would be done already.

Totally interested to take a peek into the fantasy-land you're living in, but here in the real world, nothing you're saying tracks.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:20 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Canadian6ersFan wrote:I like it. Teams are becoming desperate, and will become even more desperate as the playoffs near and some are on the cusp.

Seriously. I had to re read the quote you took from the article to make sure I didn’t misread it. I then read the entire article twice to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

How there are multiple people coming away with this thinking Philly and Morey are looking great and like geniuses makes no sense. The entire article is saying the complete opposite.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#19 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:22 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Seriously. I had to re read the quote you took from the article to make sure I didn’t misread it. I then read the entire article twice to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

How there are multiple people coming away with this thinking Philly and Morey are looking great and like geniuses makes no sense. The entire article is saying the complete opposite.

It's a lot of the same Morey-supporters from since this whole thing has started. They're so desperate to have their opinions proven right that they'll extrapolate and twist any word they can.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#20 » by F N 11 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:22 am

Morey don’t bend don’t fold huh?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.

Return to The General Board