ImageImageImage

***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2021-2022 Regular Season***

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2021-2022 Regular Season*** 

Post#41 » by IggieCC » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:38 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Heat3's prediction will count since he posted it before the first game of season.

No new predictions/changes are allowed.

Spoiler:
Bucks blowout obviously proved there's a definite championship coming.

Not fair :x we looked pretty goos in pre-szn :x

we're looking more like 55-59 win team with rival teams slow start due to shambling and injuries (Nets, 6ers, Bucks)
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,507

Post#42 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:49 pm

IggieCC wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Heat3's prediction will count since he posted it before the first game of season.

No new predictions/changes are allowed.

Spoiler:
Bucks blowout obviously proved there's a definite championship coming.

Not fair :x we looked pretty goos in pre-szn :x

we're looking more like 55-59 win team with rival teams slow start due to shambling and injuries (Nets, 6ers, Bucks)

Well, most of us were being conservative as we had many unknowns coming into the season. The team as of currently have blown the doors of that, which is good for the fans....bad for our predictors who went safe.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#43 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jan 6, 2022 6:20 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:[
5) Who will be our best overall young/inexperienced player? (Herro/Strus/Omer/KZ/Vincent/2 way guys like Garret/Deeky)?

Omer

6) Which player will make the biggest improvement from last year?

Strus

12) Predict the weirdest moment of the season. [/color]

Yurt7 starting

13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s.

Ban Iggie. This is more of a statement than a prediction.

I would say I’m spot on with these projections.
OP for NBA FT record
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,431

Post#44 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Jan 6, 2022 1:33 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:[
5) Who will be our best overall young/inexperienced player? (Herro/Strus/Omer/KZ/Vincent/2 way guys like Garret/Deeky)?

Omer

Strus

12) Predict the weirdest moment of the season. [/color]

Yurt7 starting

13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s.

Ban Iggie. This is more of a statement than a prediction.

I would say I’m spot on with these projections.

You nailed 3 of them and still praying for the 4th lifer :pray:
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#45 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:24 am

41 games complete. 26-15 record.

According to tankthon, Miami has the 14th toughest schedule left of the season. So basically the schedule that has past is close to as difficult as the schedule ahead, though there are significantly more home games. Plus the Heat get Bam back soon.

With all that said, it’s certainly a possibility that we were all wrong and the Heat exceed all projections (55 wins). If that’s the case, I default as the winner as I just discovered this is a possibility.
OP for NBA FT record
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,972

Post#46 » by carnageta » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:41 games complete. 26-15 record.

According to tankthon, Miami has the 14th toughest schedule left of the season. So basically the schedule that has past is close to as difficult as the schedule ahead, though there are significantly more home games. Plus the Heat get Bam back soon.

With all that said, it’s certainly a possibility that we were all wrong and the Heat exceed all projections (55 wins). If that’s the case, I default as the winner as I just discovered this is a possibility.

Finishing with more than 55 wins for the season would require us to go 30-11 the rest of the way.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time... *cough* *cough* 2017 *cough* *cough*.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#47 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:23 am

carnageta wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:41 games complete. 26-15 record.

Finishing with more than 55 wins for the season would require us to go 30-11 the rest of the way.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time... *cough* *cough* 2017 *cough* *cough*.

RexBoyWonder wrote:13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s.

IggieCC Permabanned

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1464738&start=60#p54370768

The more things change...
OP for NBA FT record
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#48 » by puppa bear » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:29 am

puppa bear wrote:5) Who will be our best overall young/inexperienced player? (Herro/Strus/Omer/KZ/Vincent/2 way guys like Garret/Deeky)?
Strus

Strus

8) What trades will we end up doing during the year (or even before the season starts)?
Mid season we’ll get the an offer for Duncan, by NOP that will be something like Ingram for Duncan/Herro/PJ - hopefully the FO jumps on it!

9) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)
Spo playing Yurt7 during an injury to Dedmon & actually staying with him in the rotation.

I had Strus breaking out & called the insertion of Yurt7 only coming after an injury to Dedmon (just didn’t predict the Bam one as well). And I had the Heat at 51 wins.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#49 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:45 am

puppa bear wrote:
puppa bear wrote:5) Who will be our best overall young/inexperienced player? (Herro/Strus/Omer/KZ/Vincent/2 way guys like Garret/Deeky)?
Strus

Strus

8) What trades will we end up doing during the year (or even before the season starts)?
Mid season we’ll get the an offer for Duncan, by NOP that will be something like Ingram for Duncan/Herro/PJ - hopefully the FO jumps on it!

9) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)
Spo playing Yurt7 during an injury to Dedmon & actually staying with him in the rotation.

I had Strus breaking out & called the insertion of Yurt7 only coming after an injury to Dedmon (just didn’t predict the Bam one as well). And I had the Heat at 51 wins.

Yes quite accurate, but did you call to ban Iggie?
OP for NBA FT record
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by puppa bear » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:14 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
Strus

Strus

Yes quite accurate, but did you call to ban Iggie?

Nah, I went in a different direction:

puppa bear wrote:13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s.
During a slow start, Rex makes 0 posts about trading Jimmy, starting the rebuild and tanking the season. Meanwhile, AirP turns on Jimmy and demands we trade his bum ass - at which point Grumpy ask for decorum and praises the decision to Herro and let Nunn walk.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,139

Post#51 » by SA37 » Tue Feb 1, 2022 8:12 am

SA37 wrote:1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2021-2022 season? (back to a 82 game season)

48-34

2) Will we make the playoffs this year? If yes - what seed will we be?

Yes. 5th seed.

3) Who will be our top 5 leading scorers, and what will their PPG be?

Butler 22ppg - Adebayo 19 ppg - Herro 16ppg - Lowry 13ppg - Robinson 12ppg

4) Who will be our best overall new addition (new to the rotation)?

Lowry

Herro

Strus -- he'll become a consistent rotation player

7) Who will be the biggest disappointment?

of player who will play, PJ Tucker; Okpala will continue to disappoint his fans

I don't see Miami being able to make a significant trade.

Robinson struggling with his shooting; he'll shoot under 40% from 3

10) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over?

He didn't use Dedmon or Strus enough

11) Predict a nice/interesting statistical nugget you can see happening with the team or a player.

Aside from Robinson shooting under 40% from 3, Miami will use 10+ different starting lineups during the year

I did horribly on this the last two seasons, but this year I've gotten quite a bit right. Big misses on Herro's scoring and on PJ Tucker's contribution.

Robinson is at 36.5% 3pt% for the season right now. Assuming he continues to put up 8.5 3s per game over the 31 games left, that is about 265 3-point attempts to go. That means he'd have to go 120/265 (45%) to finish at 40% 3pt FG for the year.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#52 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:59 am

Heat are currently on pace to win between 52/53 games.
OP for NBA FT record
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,965

Post#53 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:22 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:Heat are currently on pace to win between 52/53 games.
yes

Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#54 » by Hallstar » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:49 pm

Hallstar wrote:1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2021-2022 season? (back to a 82 game season)

3rd seed

Butler 21
Bam 20
Herro 18 -20
Lowry 15
Robinson 14

Lowry

Herro

Herro

Vincent or Oldadipo injury

Some tax trade like Okpala

Bam DPOY

Spo sucks once we don't win a ship

11) Predict a nice/interesting statistical nugget you can see happening with the team or a player.

Please let Butler hit at least 33% from 3

12) Predict the weirdest moment of the season.

Yurt7 starts a game

Grumpy Heat fan gets the overdue enema

14) What will you consider a success/failure this year?

Failure 1st round exit.

15) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year?

Herro becoming a great scorer changes the ceiling dramatically

16) What are your picks for Eastern champions, Western champions - and finally NBA Champions?

Nets >Heat

Lakers> Suns

Lakers > Nets

17) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end?

Ecf or die trying

A little low on the wins and really overrated the Lakers, but otherwise..so far so good. Can't verify Grumpy Heat fans enema though
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#55 » by harlem_ball » Sun Apr 3, 2022 11:11 am

harlem_ball wrote:1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2021-2022 season? (back to a 82 game season) 49

2) Will we make the playoffs this year? If yes - what seed will we be? yes 4th seed

3) Who will be our top 5 leading scorers, and what will their PPG be? Butler 21 PPG, Lowry 16 ppg, Herro 17 ppg, Robinson 15ppg, Bam 13ppg

4) Who will be our best overall new addition (new to the rotation)? Lowry

5) Who will be our best overall young/inexperienced player? (Herro/Strus/Omer/KZ/Vincent/2 way guys like Garret/Deeky)? Yurtseven

6) Which player will make the biggest improvement from last year? Herro

7) Who will be the biggest disappointment? Tucker

8) What trades will we end up doing during the year (or even before the season starts)? None

9) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both) Herro

10) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? Something disappointing

11) Predict a nice/interesting statistical nugget you can see happening with the team or a player. Lowry with multiple triple doubles

12) Predict the weirdest moment of the season. Bam shooting 3s

13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s. I'm new here.

14) What will you consider a success/failure this year? 2nd round should be the standard. Eastern finals the goal

15) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? Tyler Herro

16) What are your picks for Eastern champions, Western champions - and finally NBA Champions? Nets will be the favorite and will push Giannis. Utah and Denver in the West

17) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end? 2nd round

:roll:

My expectations of this team have risen since this survey. The Nets are not what they were projected to be and the Bucks are the only team standing in our way in the East.

Heat for the title!!!

:)
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#56 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:02 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:Final predictions list :

Cmon_Son-_- - 55 wins
dean456 - 52 wins
IggieCC - 52 wins
BenoUdrihFTL - 52 wins
oreon - 52 wins

puppa bear - 51 wins
contract - 50 wins
carnageta - 50 wins
HEATVols865 - 50 wins
Dr_Heat - 49 wins
Wiltside - 49 wins
IceColdCubano - 49 wins
harlem_ball - 49 wins
heat4life - 48 wins
RexBoyWonder - 48 wins
AirP. - 48 wins
SA37 - 48 wins
Hallstar - 48 wins
HeatFanLifer - 47 wins
dolphinatik - 46 wins

HIF - 44 wins
Majestic7 - 42 wins
eddieheatfan - 42 wins

Only possible valid projection left is 52 wins, of which the Heat will have to lose the last 2 games. If the Heat get 53 or 54 wins, no one wins the contest. But we all win as fans with the 1st seeded team in the East. Better luck next year. Or not.
OP for NBA FT record
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#57 » by dean456 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 4:53 am

dean456 wrote:1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2021-2022 season? (back to a 82 game season)
53 wins

Yes, 3 seed

Bam 23ppg, Butler 19ppg, Herro 18ppg, Lowry 15ppg and Robinson 13ppg (Could change if Oladipo comes back healthy)
I think Herro will start hot and as our leading scorer but teams will start giving him more attention as the year goes on and things will get tougher for him.

Lowry

Herro

Herro/Bam

Likely Morris or Robinson, not so much a disappointment but getting paid 15mil and staying relatively the same player might disappoint some.

Not sure we will make a trade but likely pickup another backup PG or PF in the buyout market.

The fanbase will stop hating on Herro and We will be a really good offensive team.

4 time championship coach Spo

Strus may average 10+ppg

12) Predict the weirdest moment of the season.
I have no idea? This question? Players still believing Covid conspiracies after 2 years?

Nothing gonna change, we will continue to over react to everything say guys are trash and should be traded then say they are untradeable once they eventually develop and become serviceable/great players.

14) What will you consider a success/failure this year?
Failure - Not getting back to the ECF.
Success - Making the finals again.

15) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year?
Oladipo coming back healthy and fitting in seamlessly, Bam staying aggressive and Herro to continue progressing offensively. But most of all staying healthy.

16) What are your picks for Eastern champions, Western champions - and finally NBA Champions?
Miami and LAL. Miami Heat 2022 World Champs.

17) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end?
NBA champions (Revenge season, Not bubble frauds)

Feeling pretty good about my predictions so far. Just want to point out my original prediction had us finishing with 53 wins not 52 wins.

- Had Herro making the most improvement
- Lowry being best addition
- 53 wins
- Strus averaging 10+ppg
- Fanbase no longer hating Herro
- Us making no big moves at the deadline.
- Robinson/Morris being the biggest disappointments
- We'll see about the playoff predictions.

Disappointed Bam didn't make the jump I thought he would. I thought Lowry would be more aggressive creating more opportunities for Bam to score throughout the season.

Also thought the Bucks and Nets would be ahead of us at the end of the year. Lopez being out for the season and No Vax Kyrie and Harden trade happening derailed things.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by puppa bear » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:19 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:

Cmon_Son-_- - 55 wins
dean456 - 52 wins
IggieCC - 52 wins
BenoUdrihFTL - 52 wins
oreon - 52 wins

puppa bear - 51 wins
contract - 50 wins
carnageta - 50 wins
HEATVols865 - 50 wins
Dr_Heat - 49 wins
Wiltside - 49 wins
IceColdCubano - 49 wins
harlem_ball - 49 wins
heat4life - 48 wins
RexBoyWonder - 48 wins
AirP. - 48 wins
SA37 - 48 wins
Hallstar - 48 wins
HeatFanLifer - 47 wins
dolphinatik - 46 wins

HIF - 44 wins
Majestic7 - 42 wins
eddieheatfan - 42 wins

Only possible valid projection left is 52 wins, of which the Heat will have to lose the last 2 games. If the Heat get 53 or 54 wins, no one wins the contest. But we all win as fans with the 1st seeded team in the East. Better luck next year. Or not.

So happy to be 2-3 games under!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,730

Post#59 » by DayofMourning » Wed Apr 6, 2022 11:59 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:

Cmon_Son-_- - 55 wins
dean456 - 52 wins
IggieCC - 52 wins
BenoUdrihFTL - 52 wins
oreon - 52 wins

puppa bear - 51 wins
Bill's.
ct - 50 wins
carnageta - 50 wins
HEATVols865 - 50 wins
Dr_Heat - 49 wins
Wiltside - 49 wins
IceColdCubano - 49 wins
harlem_ball - 49 wins
heat4life - 48 wins
RexBoyWonder - 48 wins
AirP. - 48 wins
SA37 - 48 wins
Hallstar - 48 wins
HeatFanLifer - 47 wins
dolphinatik - 46 wins

HIF - 44 wins
Majestic7 - 42 wins
eddieheatfan - 42 wins

Whomever is closest wins. I had 53 wins. So it looks like I'm taking the crown 2 out of the last 3 years.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#60 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Apr 6, 2022 12:26 pm

IggieCC wrote:we're looking more like 55-59 win team with rival teams slow start due to shambling and injuries (Nets, 6ers, Bucks)

Wrong.
OP for NBA FT record

Return to Miami Heat