RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#944 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 4, 2022 6:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
kane0801 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Welp, it's better than nothing

its not enough. Unless nash is removed, we dont have really title aspirations in my opinon. even with Kyrie playing home and away. its hard to overcome coaching that bad. nash is basically working for the other team
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#945 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 6, 2022 5:04 pm

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#946 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:32 pm

Pay the fines Joe!

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#947 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:55 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Pay the fines Joe!

Read on Twitter
?s=20

To me this is a non-starter and such a bad idea.

1) Rich people shouldn't get to skirt the rules cause they are rich.
2) Nets send the message that entertainment is more important then public health
3) The city may come down super hard on an intentional repeat offender
4) The NBA league office would discourage/want no part of this
5) Kyrie may object to it himself

Most importantly, I think there are better alternatives to an exception which Nets Fan pointed out in other threads. Also, the pandemic looks very close to ending and becoming endemic, and which point mandates likely losen and/or go away. Reports/Ian Eagle have stated Nets are working hard with the city. maybe something comes of that.

I think it would be an all-time bad idea to intentionally break the mandate 20+ times for a basketball player
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#948 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 pm

Pay the damn fine. The mandate serves a great purpose and is saving lives as we speak, but the idea that unvaccinated players from out of town can come into Barclays while Kyrie can't is stupid.

Pay 5k a night and be done with it
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#949 » by Suwanee » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:19 pm

This can be the last resort in playoffs I hope.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#950 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:54 pm

I would love the Nets to pay the fine but it can't happen.

Basically you want the team to openly break the law. It would be an optics nightmare,

To me there needs to be a full court press on Kyrie to just get it. If he still won't then you look at other options

You have to put pressure on NYC to change it. Or even threaten to play him if they don't change it.

Some modification to the rules is obvious and necessary.

I don't see a scenario where we go into April/May where we see the same rules. We need to make sure there is some carveout for Kyrie.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#951 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Pay the damn fine. The mandate serves a great purpose and is saving lives as we speak, but the idea that unvaccinated players from out of town can come into Barclays while Kyrie can't is stupid.

Pay 5k a night and be done with it

I disagree. If you want to petition for an exemption fine. but don't willingfully break the law and pay the fine. It is wrong on so many levels and so against this teams message and what they are about. Also a terrible look that says the rich are above the law because they can afford it. It is sports. The mandate may be hypocritical but there are better ways to go about that.

The city likely doesnt just allow that defiance and the mandate probably ends soon anyhow
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#952 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:21 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I would love the Nets to pay the fine but it can't happen.

Basically you want the team to openly break the law. It would be an optics nightmare,

To me there needs to be a full court press on Kyrie to just get it. If he still won't then you look at other options

You have to put pressure on NYC to change it. Or even threaten to play him if they don't change it.

Some modification to the rules is obvious and necessary.

I don't see a scenario where we go into April/May where we see the same rules. We need to make sure there is some carveout for Kyrie.

Yeah if a Billionaire wants to push his weight around you do it politcally, not by making a mockery of the state and the mandate paying the fine and giving them the middle finger.

Gets Tsai in the room with NYC officials and drop some "donations" if you want to pay this thing off
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 560

Post#953 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:31 am

Prokorov wrote:...Yeah if a Billionaire wants to push his weight around you do it politcally, not by making a mockery of the state and the mandate paying the fine and giving them the middle finger...

I don't disagree, but the mandate actually provides for that 'soft' circumvention via those escalating fines... That's on the state/city.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#954 » by Prokorov » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:54 pm

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:
Prokorov wrote:...Yeah if a Billionaire wants to push his weight around you do it politcally, not by making a mockery of the state and the mandate paying the fine and giving them the middle finger...

I don't disagree, but the mandate actually provides for that 'soft' circumvention via those escalating fines... That's on the state/city.

its naive to think the city/state would just throw there hands up and be like "welp, you got us on a technicallity"

they woudl evicerate us in the public, hassle our lease and property legally, and likely redraft the mandate to F us over

it make much more sense to work within the rules then job them
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#955 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm

The mandate will be going away. Hochul is forcing hospitals to differentiate between patients admitted for COVID induced reasons, e.g. respiratory issues, and patients admitted for some other reason, e.g. accident trauma, but tested positive. Basically, they have to report separate for and with COVID numbers going forward.

She also states that about 50% of the NYC hospitalizations in the current counts are with COVID but for a different reason. The case count is going to plummet soon just because that's what happened in other countries. The hospitalization numbers are going to plummet even faster with the new math.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/07/many-nyc-patients-hospitalized-with-covid-admitted-for-other-reasons/
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#956 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:26 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:The mandate will be going away. Hochul is forcing hospitals to differentiate between patients admitted for COVID induced reasons, e.g. respiratory issues, and patients admitted for some other reason, e.g. accident trauma, but tested positive. Basically, they have to report separate for and with COVID numbers going forward.

She also states that about 50% of the NYC hospitalizations in the current counts are with COVID but for a different reason. The case count is going to plummet soon just because that's what happened in other countries. The hospitalization numbers are going to plummet even faster with the new math.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/07/many-nyc-patients-hospitalized-with-covid-admitted-for-other-reasons/

We can only hope.

I do feel some moral ambiguity with rooting for a vaccine mandate exemption for athletes in New York, the epicenter of the nation's pandemic. However, I'm optimistic in it as well, and it would mirror similar legislation for athletes in other states. I want everyone to get the vaccine, BUT individual choice is cool with me. Also, world class athletes who treat their bodies like a temple, and folks of austere religious and cultural backgrounds deserve a path moving forward. Kyrie seems to qualify in both of those cases.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#957 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:30 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:The mandate will be going away. Hochul is forcing hospitals to differentiate between patients admitted for COVID induced reasons, e.g. respiratory issues, and patients admitted for some other reason, e.g. accident trauma, but tested positive. Basically, they have to report separate for and with COVID numbers going forward.

We can only hope.

I do feel some moral ambiguity with rooting for a vaccine mandate exemption for athletes in New York, the epicenter of the nation's pandemic. However, I'm optimistic in it as well, and it would mirror similar legislation for athletes in other states. I want everyone to get the vaccine, BUT individual choice is cool with me. Also, world class athletes who treat their bodies like a temple, and folks of austere religious and cultural backgrounds deserve a path moving forward. Kyrie seems to qualify in both of those cases.

The Pandemic is over. the mandates will follow soon.
kane0801
Rookie
And1: 625

Post#958 » by kane0801 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:26 am

Hmm...
Read on Twitter
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 857

Post#959 » by Jay555 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:35 am

kane0801 wrote:Hmm...
Read on Twitter

It would have to be mandate getting lifted.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#960 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:49 am

Kyrie was definitely in a manic state yesterday judging by his Twitter feed :lol:

Hopefully the Nets received some good news from city hall.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets