Rich Paul Meets With Daryl Morey, Elton Brand To Discuss Immediate Future Of Ben Simmons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rich Paul Meets With Daryl Morey, Elton Brand To Discuss Immediate Future Of Ben Simmons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:18 am

Rich Paul met with Daryl Morey and Elton Brand as Ben Simmons and the Philadelphia 76ers continue their stalemate over his immediate future.

Simmons is no closer to returning to game action with the 76ers, while the team has yet to budge from their asking price in a trade.

The meeting at a downtown Philadelphia restaurant was described as amicable and professional.

Paul told the Sixers that Simmons' mental health hurdles continue to play for the team.

Simmons is signed through the 24-25 season.

Some executives have described Philadelphia as having increased their asking price in trade talks for Simmons. 

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Re: Rich Paul Meets With Daryl Morey, Elton Brand To Discuss Immediate Future Of Ben Simmons 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:40 am

"Simmons' mental health hurdles continue to play for the team", his imaginary friends?
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Re: Rich Paul Meets With Daryl Morey, Elton Brand To Discuss Immediate Future Of Ben Simmons 

Post#3 » by Winsome Gerbil » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:24 am

I appreciate what Philly has done here -- it's much closer to how I imagine myself as an owner. Want to refuse to play for my team despite me being on the hook to make you one of the world's richest men? That's fine by me. Let's stop those checks. If you need to reach me from your friend's couch, I'll be off fishing somewhere on my gold-plated yacht.

Nice reality check for the punks of the world, + Paul having to grovel after the bluster and threats is a helluva nice touch.
random_hero891
Rookie
And1: 810

Post#4 » by random_hero891 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:49 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:I appreciate what Philly has done here -- it's much closer to how I imagine myself as an owner. Want to refuse to play for my team despite me being on the hook to make you one of the world's richest men? That's fine by me. Let's stop those checks. If you need to reach me from your friend's couch, I'll be off fishing somewhere on my gold-plated yacht.

Nice reality check for the punks of the world, + Paul having to grovel after the bluster and threats is a helluva nice touch.

I agree, at this pace idgaf if I ever see Simmons play again. Retire if it's too problematic.
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 632

Post#5 » by Governor Dudley » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:21 am

Kinda **** he's putting this down to mental health issues. His mental health is this bad, but he's good enough to get engaged to Maya Jama?
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,491

Post#6 » by Hipster Doofus » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:20 pm

hahaha f*** outta here, rich paul, you two first-names mofo.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#7 » by puja21 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:24 pm

Winsome Gerbil wrote:I appreciate what Philly has done here -- it's much closer to how I imagine myself as an owner. Want to refuse to play for my team despite me being on the hook to make you one of the world's richest men? That's fine by me. Let's stop those checks. If you need to reach me from your friend's couch, I'll be off fishing somewhere on my gold-plated yacht.

it is strange they continue to pay him
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,212

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:27 pm

nedleeds wrote:"Simmons' mental health hurdles continue to play for the team", his imaginary friends?

I trouble had with sentence that as well!
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#9 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:13 pm

Rich paul is not exactly groveling, he's there to get Simmons to LA for his buddy lebron
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#10 » by BigHustle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:57 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
nedleeds wrote:"Simmons' mental health hurdles continue to play for the team", his imaginary friends?

I trouble had with sentence that as well!

What jersey number is his mental health?
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#11 » by the13thjoker » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Rich paul is not exactly groveling, he's there to get Simmons to LA for his buddy lebron

Well Sixers are increasing their asking price according to sources so don't think Rich is talking them into anything.

Return to Wiretap Discussion