ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#221 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:41 pm

Capn'O wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Lithuanian basketball powerhouse site basketnews.lt, ranked top 10 most promising Lithuanians, and predictably, Rokas Jokubaitis was ranked number 1. Number two was Ąžuolas Tubelis from Arizona university, and third was Deividas Dirvydis from Detroit Pistons. which is kinda sad, cuase hes a scrub, but whatever.

I think Rokas so far has surpassed the most optimistic expectations as a Barcelona player. He stepped up big after star PG Nick Calathes got injured, and already looks like a strong member and one of the key members on a top 3 team in all of Europe.

Oooooh, the much coveted UcanUwill Euro blessing. I'm officially excited :-D

Spoiler:
No sarcasm - this dude knows his ****.

A solid euro PG would do wonders for this franchise. I can even live with them being a weak defender as long as they can run a team.
ImageImageImage
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,616

Post#222 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Lithuanian basketball powerhouse site basketnews.lt, ranked top 10 most promising Lithuanians, and predictably, Rokas Jokubaitis was ranked number 1. Number two was Ąžuolas Tubelis from Arizona university, and third was Deividas Dirvydis from Detroit Pistons. which is kinda sad, cuase hes a scrub, but whatever.

I think Rokas so far has surpassed the most optimistic expectations as a Barcelona player. He stepped up big after star PG Nick Calathes got injured, and already looks like a strong member and one of the key members on a top 3 team in all of Europe.

Spoiler:

A solid euro PG would do wonders for this franchise. I can even live with them being a weak defender as long as they can run a team.

He is kinda a combo guard right now, which could be seen as a flaw, not exactly floor general to be full on PG, but not a scorer or shooter to be a shooting guard. Dont get me wrong, he has a long way to go to be an NBA player IMO, but he is one of the best young players in Europe. For the last few seasons, I didnt really saw NBA skill in him, some young players can be role players in europe, but you can still clearly see skills that are NBA material and are above Euro level, with Rokas, I havemt seen that for the longest time, but he is getting there. His mindset is very strong, very few players in all of Europe take on slashes and drives that he takes on, he lives on on opportunities to blow by defenses and finish at the rim, which is almost a rarity at Euroleague level. When I see that, I start seeing the player who might outgrow Euro level one day, and not be stuck in in.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#223 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:41 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Spoiler:

He is kinda a combo guard right now, which could be seen as a flaw, not exactly floor general to be full on PG, but not a scorer or shooter to be a shooting guard. Dont get me wrong, he has a long way to go to be an NBA player IMO, but he is one of the best young players in Europe. For the last few seasons, I didnt really saw NBA skill in him, some young players can be role players in europe, but you can still clearly see skills that are NBA material and are above Euro level, with Rokas, I havemt seen that for the longest time, but he is getting there. His mindset is very strong, very few players in all of Europe take on slashes and drives that he takes on, he lives on on opportunities to blow by defenses and finish at the rim, which is almost a rarity at Euroleague level. When I see that, I start seeing the player who might outgrow Euro level one day, and not be stuck in in.

He sounds like a man with a solid career ahead of him whatever happens. I did like his ability to score with contact. I really like his body control and footwork which I would choose over just athletic ability the majority of the time.

If his playmaking skills do evolve I think his aggression and ability to work in the paint could be really valuable if and when he is NBA ready.

Thanks for the updates
ImageImageImage
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,921

Post#224 » by stuporman » Tue Jan 4, 2022 6:48 pm

Still not sure why the Knicks picked him after taking Grimes and Deuce then were expecting to resign Burks plus sign Fournier for at least 3 years... I guess they think in 3 years he'll be in the rotation but the Knicks needed length and size on the wing right now.

Time will tell but passing up Ayo and Jones not to mention a nice real PG in Butler isn't looking too good at the moment.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#225 » by DOT » Tue Jan 4, 2022 8:05 pm

stuporman wrote:Still not sure why the Knicks picked him after taking Grimes and Deuce then were expecting to resign Burks plus sign Fournier for at least 3 years... I guess they think in 3 years he'll be in the rotation but the Knicks needed length and size on the wing right now.

Time will tell but passing up Ayo and Jones not to mention a nice real PG in Butler isn't looking too good at the moment.

They drafted him ahead of Deuce. Deuce went 36th, so either they liked Rokas more than him, or thought Rokas was gonna go 35th and Deuce was more likely to be there at 36.

Doesn't change the argument, just a slight correction.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#226 » by 8516knicks » Wed Jan 5, 2022 8:48 pm

I can hear the chants after he scores now, "Rock & Rokus!"
Makar
Ballboy
And1: 100

Post#227 » by Makar » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:16 pm

What a deja-vu, Barca-Efes, and again Rokas makes clutch and one with Micic foul.
Makar
Ballboy

Post#228 » by Makar » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Best scorer for Barca with 16 points. Bad first half, but clutch in 4q
Makar
Ballboy

Post#229 » by Makar » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:58 pm

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#230 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:19 am

Nice. Rocky Joker continues to show the ability to score through contact
ImageImageImage
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#231 » by 2010 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:11 am

Makar wrote:

This kid looks the part.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#232 » by j4remi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:20 pm

2010 wrote:
Makar wrote:

This kid looks the part.

Seeing him hit jumpers off the dribble from midrange to long range is intriguing to say the least.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#233 » by j4remi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:20 pm

2010 wrote:
Makar wrote:

This kid looks the part.

Seeing him hit jumpers off the dribble from midrange to long range is intriguing to say the least.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#234 » by robillionaire » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm

We are eventually going to have to send some folks out to make room for him. Seems like he has talent

Obviously it would be nice to move Fournier but his contract going to be a tough sell. Burks may be a positive asset or at least neutral if they want to move him

Then we have IQ who should be playing. Kemba and Rose still on the books next year. And McBride and Grimes. And now Reddish is in the mix.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#235 » by HighRyzer83 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:36 pm

I liked what he showed in SL. Looks the part. Has a good feel for the game and naturally makes good decisions. He's no vildoza.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#236 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:59 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Spoiler:

But that's the thing, looks like his defense is solid.
Makar
Ballboy

Post#237 » by Makar » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 pm

Jasikevicius praises Jokubaitis' maturity: 'He is leading us to victories'

Rokas is growing a lot. Due to the Calathes injury, he has more opportunities. Well, to say it better, he is deciding games. He is leading us into victories. That's the truth," added the 45-year-old mastermind.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using RealGM mobile app
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#238 » by BugginOut » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 pm

stuporman wrote:Still not sure why the Knicks picked him after taking Grimes and Deuce then were expecting to resign Burks plus sign Fournier for at least 3 years... I guess they think in 3 years he'll be in the rotation but the Knicks needed length and size on the wing right now.

So if we make a trade, he’s a young rotation piece we can bring over.

This FO is all about getting assets
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#239 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:16 pm

BugginOut wrote:

So if we make a trade, he’s a young rotation piece we can bring over.

This FO is all about getting assets

Or...or...use him as a trade piece in a bigger deal to a team that loves Euros, a team like Dallas (for Brunson) or San Antonio (part of a pkg to get Murray). :dontknow:

And for the record, I'm NOT saying that we shouldn't put him in OUR own plans. I'm just saying that there are a number of ways Leon can go with this asset.
Revolution starts in the mind...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,448

Post#240 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:04 pm

The legend grows

Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks