ImageImageImage

Light up that big ass victory cigar! vs Pacers 1/12

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
41%
Brown
48%
Rob
No votes
Grant
No votes
Schrooo
No votes
Pritchard
No votes
Jrich
No votes
Horf
No votes
Romeo
No votes
Other/team
11%

Total votes: 63

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,626

Re: Light up that big ass victory cigar! vs Pacers 1/12 

Post#61 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:33 am

Hal14 wrote:
I mean, look at all the players who went on to be coaches or front office execs (Bird, Russell, Heinsohn, Carr, Cowens, Ainge, McHale, Carlisle, Ford, KC, Nelson, etc.)

Bill Sharman was one of the best and most innovative NBA coaches ever. He introduced the shootaround, and coached the Lakers 33-game win streak team, which benefitted heavily from Wilt's (!) numbers-sacrficing, team-first play.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,127

Post#62 » by Hal14 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:34 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
I mean, look at all the players who went on to be coaches or front office execs (Bird, Russell, Heinsohn, Carr, Cowens, Ainge, McHale, Carlisle, Ford, KC, Nelson, etc.)

Bill Sharman was one of the best and most innovative NBA coaches ever. He introduced the shootaround, and coached the Lakers 33-game win streak team, which benefitted heavily from Wilt's (!) numbers-sacrficing, team-first play.

Yeah, can't forget about Sharman. I didn't intend to be posting a complete list. Just a few off the top of my head.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,626

Post#63 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:49 am

Hal14 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Hal14 wrote:

Yeah, can't forget about Sharman. I didn't intend to be posting a complete list. Just a few off the top of my head.

A complete list would be looooong. We'd need a trivia thread if we were going for a complete one.

It just so happens that Sharman was either the single greatest coach among ex-Celtics (my opinion), or at least very close to that mark (pretty close to indisputable fact :D).

E.g., I think he was inducted into the HoF as a coach decades before either Heinsohn or Russell, even though they were active around the same time.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics