RealGM
And1: 10,593

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1861 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:48 pm

You can "pay" to progress faster, but endgame is the same for everyone
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1862 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:49 pm

TroyD92 wrote:You can "pay" to progress faster, but endgame is the same for everyone

That's what P2W is, man :D P2W doesn't always mean locked content. I'd argue, in fact, that this newer style of 'no everyone can play!...but paying is easier' is now the dominant form of P2W. It's ok, it's a game methodology and my intent isn't to be critical. But it's not really for me.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1863 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:52 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:You can "pay" to progress faster, but endgame is the same for everyone

That's what P2W is, man :D P2W doesn't always mean locked content. I'd argue, in fact, that this newer style of 'no everyone can play!...but paying is easier' is now the dominant form of P2W. It's ok, it's a game methodology and my intent isn't to be critical. But it's not really for me.

I don't really agree with your definition but its fair. I'd say give it a try. It's pretty much constantly rated as one of the most popular games in Korea.

WoW is p2w by that standard then, but every mmo fan loves wow
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1864 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:58 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I don't really agree with your definition but its fair. I'd say give it a try. It's pretty much constantly rated as one of the most popular games in Korea.

I don't play PVP, and really even MMOs - I dabbled in FF14 for a bit, which is the extent of my experience with them - so that may be the disconnect here.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1865 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:02 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I don't play PVP, and really even MMOs - I dabbled in FF14 for a bit, which is the extent of my experience with them - so that may be the disconnect here.

Yeah thats fair. I think I should have said it a bit better. Basically dungeons aren't scored there's no content in the game that compares dungeon clear scores. So in that sense competing on the top end in PVE doesn't really exist. However PVP is ungeared and based on builds/skill so while technically aspects are "P2W" every mmorpg has those mechanics. If you don't care about competing I'd give it a try and just play f2p. Gameplay looks insanely fun.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Henchman24
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#1866 » by Henchman24 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Sooo... I need some help with Hades. I'm not going to say how many times I've played, but, it's embarrassing. In particular b/c I made it out to fight Hades at about 25 tries and I thought, well, I'm close, it should only take a few more tries. Wrong.

Does anyone have any suggested builds? Which weapon do you prefer? Any other strategies?

TIA!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,952

Post#1867 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:58 pm

Henchman24 wrote:Sooo... I need some help with Hades. I'm not going to say how many times I've played, but, it's embarrassing. In particular b/c I made it out to fight Hades at about 25 tries and I thought, well, I'm close, it should only take a few more tries. Wrong.

Does anyone have any suggested builds? Which weapon do you prefer? Any other strategies?

TIA!

Without looking up the stats, I know I definitely had the most success with the Shield.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1868 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:40 pm

Better late than never, but I’m first playing God of War now that it’s on PC. Absolutely loving it. The Leviathan Axe is just a joy to use. Hoping I don’t miss too many secrets, as I’m scouring every nook and cranny for collectibles, ravens and rewards.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1869 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:20 pm

Read on Twitter

HO-LY ****.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1870 » by crkone » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:53 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

HO-LY ****.

That's a **** ton of money. $70 billion.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1871 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:54 pm

Read on Twitter
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Post#1872 » by FrieAaron » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm

Wow. I guess that's one way to get Kotick out.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1873 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:56 pm

I'm not sure what to think about this yet, other than I generally do not care and presume it will lead to greatly overhauled leadership and culture at Activision before ultimately letting them be autonomous. Which is obviously a good thing.

But I don't think I like MS buying-up all of the gigantic studios. Will need to think on that one.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1874 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:17 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I'm not sure what to think about this yet, other than I generally do not care and presume it will lead to greatly overhauled leadership and culture at Activision before ultimately letting them be autonomous. Which is obviously a good thing.

But I don't think I like MS buying-up all of the gigantic studios. Will need to think on that one.

I also don’t like MS treading in anti-trust waters. That said, and this sounds weird, but I don’t think Activision’s portfolio is very diverse and it bother’s me less than the Bethesda acquisition. Largely because ActiBlizz was not in a good place and they needed someone bigger than them to get their house in order.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1875 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:47 pm

Omg omg omg I'm so hyped :D

I really wish this, Elden Ring, and Triangle Strategy weren't all coming out in back-to-back-to-back weeks, though. This will be first up for me.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1876 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:09 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

Omg omg omg I'm so hyped :D

I really wish this, Elden Ring, and Triangle Strategy weren't all coming out in back-to-back-to-back weeks, though. This will be first up for me.

Was lukewarm on HFW (though I'm sure I was gonna pick it up anyway) but that looks really good.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1877 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:56 pm

I still haven't picked up a controller since I got back into FE:A. My save file says 28 hours and it's a legit 28 hours. I've spent almost 90% grinding away at both XP and relationships. I don't know why I don't get sick of it, but for some reason I'm a Make the Numbers Go Up guy and I just really like taking useless characters and making them into gods. The silly part is I won't even be using the majority of the characters I've spent hours beefing up. I've been working on upgrading Lissa since last night for literally no reason at all. But :dontknow:
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1878 » by glenn » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:07 pm

I know that NBA 2K gets a bad rap for their monetization strategy, but I bought it this year since I was amped about the championship. I sucked for a while, then got better. Still get my ass kicked in multiplayer. Started spending most of my time in MyTeam, where you collect “cards” of players and then use them to play with lineups made up of classic and current players. There is a way to buy card packs for real money, but I’ve avoided it and have had plenty of fun. Until today, when they came out with a killer Giannis card and I made a huge mistake. I bough a box of cards, hoping either for Giannis or someone good enough that I could sell in the auction house to afford him. This is what I ended up with:

Lesson learned. (I did get some better cards, but nothing approaching Giannis.)
:reporter:
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1879 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:30 pm

This is just on the PTR server for now, but it's a look at the first real content patch for D2 in like 15 years. And it's incredible.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23765907/diablo-ii-resurrected-patch-2-4-balance-ptr
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,483

Post#1880 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:23 am

I’ve been browsing ps now, spectrum internet made stream only games impossible to play at first. The issues(whatever they were) have been solved so I can play some older games that I didn’t have the chance to play in my childhood/teenage years. The first 3 games of the batman Arkham series is goat tier even though they’re 10+ years old.

I’m now playing desperados 3 even though I’ve never heard of the series and it’s great. Very different genre then what I’m used to, but it’s a wonderful experience.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks