ImageImageImageImage

When is Suggs returning?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,069

Re: When is Suggs returning? 

Post#81 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:08 pm

basketballRob wrote:Cole is a career 40% shooter and would probably rather put up good stats than win. He has a better on/off because he dodged the hardest part of the schedule, including the Bucks 4 times. It'll probably benefit his numbers if he takes off another 2 weeks around February 5th.

He completely gets overpowered by bigger guards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I disagree with him playing for stats over wins. He clearly does want to put up good numbers and wants to be recognized as the best. He's even said as much. But he's also always the first to celebrate everyone elses achievements and always the first to call attention to teammates that he thinks deserves it.

I don't think he's a selfish person and I personally can see in his face and demeanor that losing gets to him. I think winning is his number 1 priority. I'm pretty sure being seen as the best is also just as important, but I think he'll do whatever he's asked to be on a winner. Hopefully I'm right on that.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,713

Post#82 » by thelead » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:09 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Cole is a career 40% shooter and would probably rather put up good stats than win. He has a better on/off because he dodged the hardest part of the schedule, including the Bucks 4 times. It'll probably benefit his numbers if he takes off another 2 weeks around February 5th.

I disagree with him playing for stats over wins. He clearly does want to put up good numbers and wants to be recognized as the best. He's even said as much. But he's also always the first to celebrate everyone elses achievements and always the first to call attention to teammates that he thinks deserves it.

I don't think he's a selfish person and I personally can see in his face and demeanor that losing gets to him. I think winning is his number 1 priority. I'm pretty sure being seen as the best is also just as important, but I think he'll do whatever he's asked to be on a winner. Hopefully I'm right on that.

I think it's the caricature/persona he plays that gives off the 'I over team' thing but I agree that he'll play whatever role is asked. Behind the scenes, he wont be happy but that's okay for now.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#83 » by basketballRob » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:10 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:

I might be a little harsh on him. I think he's been making an effort to be a good teammate, it's not his nature tho.

Return to Orlando Magic