ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Re: 2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1181 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:59 pm

Stein said Raps are interested in requiring Jakob
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#1182 » by Raptors_128 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:12 pm

Raps are apparently interested in a reunion with Jak “twinkle toes” Poeltl. This is a move I would love, one of the most underrated centres in the league.

He only has one more year remaining after this season so how about Poeltl for Boucher + Achiuwa + 2nd?

Spurs need a C back and if they can’t or don’t want to re-sign Poeltl after next season they can trade him for a younger C in Achiuwa that is still on his rookie contract. They can also flip Boucher for a 2nd or two.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#1183 » by Madhouse » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:19 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:Raps are apparently interested in a reunion with Jak “twinkle toes” Poeltl. This is a move I would love, one of the most underrated centres in the league.

He only has one more year remaining after this season so how about Poeltl for Boucher + Achiuwa + 2nd?

Spurs need a C back and if they can’t or don’t want to re-sign Poeltl after next season they can trade him for a younger C in Achiuwa that is still on his rookie contract. They can also flip Boucher for a 2nd or two.

Depends on the cost but Poeltl would be a smart addition.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#1184 » by agkagk » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:34 pm

Madhouse wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:Raps are apparently interested in a reunion with Jak “twinkle toes” Poeltl. This is a move I would love, one of the most underrated centres in the league.

Depends on the cost but Poeltl would be a smart addition.

last i checked he was shooting under 30% from the free throw line :o
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,937

Post#1185 » by wegotthabeet » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:29 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:barnes, GTJ, boucher, 3 1sts for Giannis

Ok, but why are the Bucks dealing Giannis?
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,256

Post#1186 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:36 pm

With the rumors of Turner and Poetl, it sounds like (if there is any smoke to these) that perhaps Masai and Bobby have finally realized they need a real big on the team; if just for some insurance policy against other teams that have good 7 footers. This is a good sign, especially since this upcoming draft doesn't really have much bigs.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#1187 » by NotMyKawhi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:05 pm

barnes and GTJ for Shai
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#1188 » by Asif16 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:10 pm

We're not gonna be able to a proper young Center that fits this team unless we trade one of our Core 5. OG seems like the most viable candidate to be moved after drafting Scottie. But idk. Gonna be tough.

Not many young defensive Dynamic Centers out there. Turner could really be a very valuable in every sense of the word
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#1189 » by Madhouse » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:barnes and GTJ for Shai

I prefer a 2nd round pick for NotMyKawhi
TheChosenLaker
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1190 » by TheChosenLaker » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:25 am

Tht/Nunn/future 1st for OG?
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#1191 » by agkagk » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:51 am

TheChosenLaker wrote:Tht/Nunn/future 1st for OG?

I just vomited a little in my mouth.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,658

Post#1192 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:55 am

Nope
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#1193 » by KL78192020 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:06 am

OG/GJT for AD.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst

Post#1194 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:45 am

What would your reaction be if we offered a package entered around OG and Trent for Jaylen Brown?

I think I'm ready to consolidate OG and Trent into one guy who I know has superstar upside. He also makes our starting lineup make sense (assuming we find a C) where we can make Barnes play the 3.

As much as I like OG, I don't see either him or Trent being an elite primary creator/scorer. Trent is getting better but Jaylen at 25 is already Lowkey looking better than Tatum every other night and I think he needs to be freed from that pairing
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
Sticks
Rookie
And1: 1,150

Post#1195 » by Sticks » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:41 am

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:What would your reaction be if we offered a package entered around OG and Trent for Jaylen Brown?

I think I'm ready to consolidate OG and Trent into one guy who I know has superstar upside. He also makes our starting lineup make sense (assuming we find a C) where we can make Barnes play the 3.

As much as I like OG, I don't see either him or Trent being an elite primary creator/scorer. Trent is getting better but Jaylen at 25 is already Lowkey looking better than Tatum every other night and I think he needs to be freed from that pairing

Raps would do it in a heartbeat.
Celtics would want more.

It would suck to lose og but at least we'd never have to watch siakam get completly locked down by Jaylen Brown in a playoff series ever again. That was hard to watch.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer
And1: 984

Post#1196 » by Dude-niagara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:10 pm

Ell Curry wrote:If we like Patrick Williams more than Detroit, this gets us another forward of the kind we like, a bench scorer and under the tax:

Pistons - Dragic, Toronto Top 5 protected 2023 1st, Chicago 1st Rounder, Malachi Flynn, Bonga
Raptors - Patrick Williams, Coby White, Derrick Jones Jr., Troy Brown Jr.
Bulls - Jerami Grant, Chris Boucher, Svi Mikhailuk

Bulls stay under the tax and get Jerami Grant and Boucher who might be a nice fit next to Vucevic as a backup 4 and a real smallball 5 option when Bradley's slow feet can't handle a particular playoff series. Lonzo-Caruso-Lavine-Demar-Grant-Boucher-Vucevic is a nice top 7 with basically no overlap of player types and Dosunmu, Javonte Green, Svi and Bradley can handle the cleanup minutes and all bring different things to the table for 10 minutes a night if the matchup is right.

Pistons get 2 first rounder and a cheap young backup PG prospect in Flynn and the expiring Dragic. They cut about 18M or so from their cap to make a move this summer or take on a bad deal and get some assets from someone trying to clear room.

Raptors rotation:

FVV-Trent-Barnes-OG-Siakam
White-PatrickWilliams-Achiuwa

We lose a first but Williams is a good fit for what we're trying to do and White might actually fulfill his destiny of being a high scoring 6th man who gets torched on D here.

Massive risk to part with such a lightly protected pick, but have to induce Detroit to do the deal and we're probably not going to be awful next year even with a bad injury since we have 5 solid players under 27 and Nurse.

That is never going to happen, stop trying to trade out trash for quality returns. They need to trade one of the core players if they expect to get anything of high quality.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst

Post#1197 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:30 pm

Sticks wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:What would your reaction be if we offered a package entered around OG and Trent for Jaylen Brown?

Celtics would want more.

It would suck to lose og but at least we'd never have to watch siakam get completly locked down by Jaylen Brown in a playoff series ever again. That was hard to watch.

I'm thinking depending on how badly this season ends they would be open to trading one of them (obviously Jaylen) for more core depth. They need a playmaker but getting 2 young starters that are averaging 18+ with defence is a good haul. Maybe a future lotto protected first as well
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Post#1198 » by bluerap23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:01 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
Sticks wrote:

Celtics would want more.

I'm thinking depending on how badly this season ends they would be open to trading one of them (obviously Jaylen) for more core depth. They need a playmaker but getting 2 young starters that are averaging 18+ with defence is a good haul. Maybe a future lotto protected first as well

It is decent value for both, but I think the Celtics would look for something similar from another team where a PG is involved. Their main issue is playmaking and this doesn't help them.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Post#1199 » by Spida888 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:56 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
Sticks wrote:Raps would do it in a heartbeat.
Celtics would want more.

It is decent value for both, but I think the Celtics would look for something similar from another team where a PG is involved. Their main issue is playmaking and this doesn't help them.

So you're saying Fred for Brown right :D. An "allstar" for an allstar am I right?
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Post#1200 » by bluerap23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:03 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:

So you're saying Fred for Brown right :D. An "allstar" for an allstar am I right?

Fred and Trent for Brown? Both teams would have to consider it. Still not sure that is enough for Brown TBH. Also makes us worse at present. Brown is only 25 and has 2 years on his contract after this. You'd have to be pretty convinced that he would want to stay when that contract is up. Having Scottie, OG, Brown and Pascal in a starting lineup is pretty damn intriguing though.

By all accounts Brown is not on the market any way (nor should he be).

Return to Toronto Raptors