'Rising Belief' Kings Will Trade Harrison Barnes By Deadline

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

'Rising Belief' Kings Will Trade Harrison Barnes By Deadline 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:50 pm

Harrison Barnes has been mentioned in trade rumors for more than a year and there is a "rising belief around the league" that the Sacramento Kings will pull the trigger on a deal by the deadline in February.

Barnes signed a four-year, $85 million deal with the Kings in 2019 as a free agent.

Barnes remains one of the league's better three-and-D small forwards with the ability to also play small ball four. 

The Kings are also expected to trade Buddy Hield.

Via Marc Stein/Substack

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,658

Re: 'Rising Belief' Kings Will Trade Harrison Barnes By Deadline 

Post#2 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:22 pm

So they want to trade Hield, Barnes, Fox or TH? Anyone else we want to add rumours about? I'm sure Bagley could be traded?
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:50 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:So they want to trade Hield, Barnes, Fox or TH? Anyone else we want to add rumours about? I'm sure Bagley could be traded?

Sure:
Fox, Barnes and Bagley for Simmons and Harris. I think both teams win, but Barnes is probably the only player involved that is on a positive contract.

SAC might also be the only team in the NBA that could get better by trading for Simmons and Harris as a package deal.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,972

Post#4 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:31 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:So they want to trade Hield, Barnes, Fox or TH? Anyone else we want to add rumours about? I'm sure Bagley could be traded?

Agreed - falls in the "dumb rumor" camp.

GM: I'll give you a bag of peanuts for Barnes.
McNair: No.

GM calls real GM, "Barnes is on the table".
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#5 » by nedleeds » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:37 pm

Randle for Barnes. I'll fly him to the airport.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,900

Post#6 » by kuclas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:41 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:

Sure:
Fox, Barnes and Bagley for Simmons and Harris. I think both teams win, but Barnes is probably the only player involved that is on a positive contract.

SAC might also be the only team in the NBA that could get better by trading for Simmons and Harris as a package deal.

Sixers need taller guards. S curry and Maxey are 6 2 combo guards. Haliburton is a better fit for sixers at 6 5. You can’t play fox and curry/Maxey at same time for long stretches.

Maxey really negates need for fox to be honest.
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#7 » by Salty1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 am

I know the Lakers would be throwing multiple frps and Westbrook for heild and Barnes. They sure blew this one, shoulda listened to Skip from the jump.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#8 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:47 pm

Salty1 wrote:I know the Lakers would be throwing multiple frps and Westbrook for heild and Barnes. They sure blew this one, shoulda listened to Skip from the jump.

They can only trade their 2027 frp
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:17 am

kuclas wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Sure:

Sixers need taller guards. S curry and Maxey are 6 2 combo guards. Haliburton is a better fit for sixers at 6 5. You can’t play fox and curry/Maxey at same time for long stretches.

Maxey really negates need for fox to be honest.

It's not really about that at this point. Fox on the floor is better than Simmons on his couch. And if Fox plays well and PHI gets to the 2nd or 3rd round with Fox starting then they can trade him in the summer for a player that fits better. Morey can't wait for the perfect fit. He has to take the best player available. I don't believe anyone will be trading a better player than Fox for Simmons. I think Simmons' long contract is a problem but Morey talks like it's an asset. Well, Fox just turned 24 and is under contract for 4.5 more seasons. What more could Morey ask for?

Return to Wiretap Discussion