ImageImageImageImageImage

[Fischer] Toronto A Team To Keep An Eye On For Myles Turner Trade

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Re: [Fischer] Toronto A Team To Keep An Eye On For Myles Turner Trade 

Post#221 » by Indeed » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:31 pm

aroc23 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
aroc23 wrote:I will say this: if we are exploring OG trades I would aim higher than Turner to start. I would try and put together a package for KAT first before calling the Pacers.

We need defense at the 5. Minny's D is better this year but I can't trust KAT to anchor a championship team on that end.

I see what you are saying, but I think he is actually a decent defender (the stats back that up). Surrounded by the good defenders on this team with all that length would also really help his weaknesses. He is pretty mobile and I think fits as well as Turner in many ways. Turner is obviously the better help defender, but KAT is okay and you can leave him on the court longer because of his offense.

Looking back at the last few champions, he is a better defender than Brook Lopez and at least comparable to the other championship centres (Kevon Looney, Tristan Thompson, McGee - the list is actually pretty sad).

His offense is so elite (career 62% TS, probably the best 3 point shooting C of all time - 41% over the last 5 season on high volume). He also opens the drive game for Barnes, Pascal and FVV more than any centre in NBA history.

This is a pipedream and off topic so that is all I will say on that.

Ayton maybe another option. What about Wiseman?
I think there are more options if we include OG.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#222 » by canada_dry » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:37 pm

Asif16 wrote:OG + Flynn + Dragic (Salary Purposes) + 1st + 2nd

for

Turner, Lavert and T. Craig?

Indy gets probably the best player they can get in a Turner trade. A dynamic Wing/Forward hyrbid who's putting up close to All-Star level stats. Also, a prospect, and picks. ALso, saves money in the deal assuming they waive Dragic

Raptros get the young Defensive Center they needed to go along with this group. Lavert and Craig are round out the depth
Hold on. We're giving up picks in this scenario? Are u serious? Lmao

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
aroc23
Junior
And1: 354

Post#223 » by aroc23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:38 pm

alienchild wrote:
aroc23 wrote:I will say this: if we are exploring OG trades I would aim higher than Turner to start. I would try and put together a package for KAT first before calling the Pacers.

We aren't exploring OG trades. You are. OG isn't being traded for Turner and KAT , despite being on teams that included at various times, Jimmy Butler, Zach Lavine, Andrew Wiggins has made the playoffs one time only. Stats don't translate to win's.

I said if we are exploring. Considering we are in a thread talking about a hypothetical trade of OG, I am talking hypotheticals.

KAT has been stuck on a garbage team his whole career. His advanced stats, including win shares, are all good and way better than OGs. You cannot hold it against him for being draft by a team that hasn't managed to put a a single consistent starter next to him until the last couple of years.
aroc23
Junior
And1: 354

Post#224 » by aroc23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 pm

Indeed wrote:
aroc23 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
We need defense at the 5. Minny's D is better this year but I can't trust KAT to anchor a championship team on that end.

I see what you are saying, but I think he is actually a decent defender (the stats back that up). Surrounded by the good defenders on this team with all that length would also really help his weaknesses. He is pretty mobile and I think fits as well as Turner in many ways. Turner is obviously the better help defender, but KAT is okay and you can leave him on the court longer because of his offense.

Looking back at the last few champions, he is a better defender than Brook Lopez and at least comparable to the other championship centres (Kevon Looney, Tristan Thompson, McGee - the list is actually pretty sad).

His offense is so elite (career 62% TS, probably the best 3 point shooting C of all time - 41% over the last 5 season on high volume). He also opens the drive game for Barnes, Pascal and FVV more than any centre in NBA history.

Ayton would be a good one, but with Siakim still here I don't think a front court that averages only 2-3 made threes a game will work in the modern NBA. If we could move Siakim instead of OG and still have OG's shooting that would be a dream.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#225 » by alienchild » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 pm

aroc23 wrote:
alienchild wrote:

We aren't exploring OG trades. You are. OG isn't being traded for Turner and KAT , despite being on teams that included at various times, Jimmy Butler, Zach Lavine, Andrew Wiggins has made the playoffs one time only. Stats don't translate to win's.

I said if we are exploring. Considering we are in a thread talking about a hypothetical trade of OG, I am talking hypotheticals.

KAT has been stuck on a garbage team his whole career. His advanced stats, including win shares, are all good and way better than OGs. You cannot hold it against him for being draft by a team that hasn't managed to put a a single consistent starter next to him until the last couple of years.

We are in a thread talking about Myles Turner, not an OG trade thread, because goofnuts Jake Fischer put out a stupid bit about "keeping an eye" on the Raptors in the Myles Turner "sweepstakes". Fischer is a mouthpiece for Kevin Pritchard, Indy's GM. He's spouting Pritchard's ravings trying to get interest up for Turner, because no one is beating down the door. Then another poster quoting "hoopshype and nbacentral" mentioned "discussions" and OG in the same tweet. This board always get's sucked in whenever Fischer f*rts. Like Fischer's f*art about Siakam for C. J. McCollum last year. When Fischer is around, the smell lingers.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,998

Post#226 » by kalel123 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:05 pm

Asif16 wrote:OG + Flynn + Dragic (Salary Purposes) + 1st + 2nd

for

Turner, Lavert and T. Craig?

Indy gets probably the best player they can get in a Turner trade. A dynamic Wing/Forward hyrbid who's putting up close to All-Star level stats. Also, a prospect, and picks. ALso, saves money in the deal assuming they waive Dragic

Raptros get the young Defensive Center they needed to go along with this group. Lavert and Craig are round out the depth

Hell no, I wouldn't touch LeVert with a ten-foot pole. He's a walking injury waiting to happen.
dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,888

Post#227 » by dgr81 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 pm

i love the **** who show up on the first page to **** on the source of the report :lol:

it's a report from a legitimate source. either discuss the particulars or move on. no one is looking for your opinion on the reporter.

both this thread and the Poetl thread get crapped on by the same idiots who are miserable 24/7.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,963

Post#228 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:45 pm

dgr81 wrote:i love the **** who show up on the first page to **** on the source of the report :lol:

it's a report from a legitimate source. either discuss the particulars or move on. no one is looking for your opinion on the reporter.

both this thread and the Poetl thread get crapped on by the same idiots who are miserable 24/7.

You are confusing a "reporter" and a "source". A common mistake. Reporters are only as good as their sources, and as we know with Woj, reporters have to sometimes do the source's bidding in order to get info. Whether in politics or in sports, leakers only leak to reporters to get their narrative out there.

So it is ALWAYS appropriate to question the veracity of a reporter's reporting, especially in this wild west era of sports reporting where the traditional requirement of two independent but confirmatory sources has gone by the wayside.

But hey, don't let me knock you off your high horse.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#229 » by mtcan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:47 pm

aroc23 wrote:
Asif16 wrote:Fact of the matter is...Siakam/OG/Scottie frontcourt just isn't viable moving forward. Any elite title-contending team...needs a Proper Dynamic Center to anchor the defense.

Ever since we drafted Scottie, I think one of their Siakam or OG's fate was written.

I think getting Turner (who's also only 25)....would be a great deal for both sides. As much as I love OG, turner would round out this tram much more nicely from top to bottom

This sucks but it is reality. Those 3 players are my favourite 3 players in the entire league, but long term OG and Barnes will not be able to fulfil their potential unless Siakim really changes his play style. I do not think Siakim will return to his 2018/2019 play style after everything that has happened. In fairness to him, he has really grown as a ball handler / playmaker / midrange shooter, so I do not blame him for not wanting to go back to his lower usage ways. Either way I do not want Siakim or Barnes playing C for the rest of their careers for a multitude of reasons.

I think Pascal has returned to his all-NBA form.

I have to give it to him...he is playing at least as well as his 2019-20 pre-covid state...and he has improved as a passer and improved his midrange game significantly.

This is what makes it so hard to pick a side of whether to go completely young or just keep this core in tact and see how far we go.

I'm impressed with how well Pascal has been playing in the month of January.

That said...ya...I wouldn't expect a deep playoff run with a Scottie/OG/Pascal starting/finishing frontcourt.

I really like Fred, Gary, OG, Pascal and Scottie and I find it hard to take any of them out of the starting lineup or even trade as of right now.

The **** thing is...with the amount of minutes these 5 guys are playing due to having a **** bench...injuries are preventing us from seeing what these 5 guys can do when all are healthy.

Did management expect this team to be legitimately in the playoff race when they decided to draft a bunch of non-shootering forwards in the draft? I fully expected this to be another tanking season with us trading Pascal at the trade deadline. With the way the Pascal and Fred have the team playing in January...I don't think that will happen.
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,889

Post#230 » by vulture » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:48 pm

This is basically how I feel about this trade idea
Read on Twitter
?s=21
tanuki1031
Starter
And1: 3,341

Post#231 » by tanuki1031 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:08 am

It's like the media and Pacers completely forgot how well the franchise and it's players treated our guy Nate dogg, and that Turner and the Pacers have been vocal about splitting for over 10 months now.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#232 » by Indeed » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:22 am

aroc23 wrote:
Indeed wrote:
aroc23 wrote:

Ayton would be a good one, but with Siakim still here I don't think a front court that averages only 2-3 made threes a game will work in the modern NBA. If we could move Siakim instead of OG and still have OG's shooting that would be a dream.

Funny that Poeltl is another rumour, who shoots 40% free throw this year.
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,504

Post#233 » by RaptorPride » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:43 am

Unless its for cheap I rather just role with what we have right now
Spoiler:

Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#234 » by Ell Curry » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:44 am

mdenny wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:Not exactly sure how I feel about it but I could see this, similar to ones other have mentioned:

Pacers - Horton-Tucker, Coby White OR Derrick Jones Jr. + 28 from Chicago, Lakers 2nd rounder
Lakers - Gary Trent Jr.
Raptors - Turner, Nunn,
Chicago- Boucher

Bulls have Dosunmu stepping up as a 4th guard behind Caruso and could really use Boucher as a backup 4 and smallball 5 option for when Bradley can't hack it against say Milwaukee. They'd have about 49M to spend on Lavine, Boucher and the MLE this summer to stay under the tax which seems like they could just about do it.

Pacers get Horton-Tucker to start at the 3 and either a late 1st or Coby White

Lakers are just a much more viable playoff team with Trent Jr. hitting 3s and guarding 2s.

Raptors get Turner and extend him instead of extending Trent.

It's an interesting idea but it addresses a position we don't need help with (C) and makes our guard positions even more thin. We currently have birch, precious, boucher off the bench. We have ZERO playable guards off the bench.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Trent/Turner of it all, but it would make OG a full time 2 as we'd start Fred-OG-Barnes-Siakam-Turner and have Nunn off the bench (along with Achiuwa and probably Banton would get a real chance to play because there's otherwise no ballhandling off the bench, and Champagnie would probably get more minutes) so not sure it's a huge difference unless Nunn isn't a few weeks away as claimed by the Lakers.
Where's the D?
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Post#235 » by canz55 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:49 am

kj_ wrote:
canz55 wrote:He's such an average player.

When you compare him to Serge which was a brilliant trade at the time. A frontcourt player who can break open a zone with a reliable mid range jumper with defense and rebounding etc. And all we had to give up was Ross.

Turner on the other hand will cost more than Serge did while providing much less value.

Hard no for me.

Turner can do those same things Serge did in the mid range while also shooting better from 3.

Serge in the championship season:
Shooting % from 10f-3pt : 50%

Turner this season:
Shooting % from 10f-3pt : 55%

Albeit Serge has a higher volume of his shots coming from here. 30% compared to 10% for turner.

Serge in the championship season:
3p% - 29%

Turner this season:
3pt% - 34%

Turner has a higher volume of his shots from here than Serge did. 47% compared to only 19% for Serge.

So this notion that Serge is a zone busting floor spacer while turner is only average at it appears to not bear out with a look at the numbers.

The reason turner would be such a good fit here is that he can be that release value in the mid range and bring the opposing big away from the rim which has been lacking since Serge left.

The argument that the cost will be greater is real. Some context… Serge was playing poorly in Orlando as one of the offensive focal points and was seen as a big negative value contract. Ross still had the “potential” tag attached to him. It still required a first to be attached by the raps to get it done. GTJ and a first is not all that different. If Masai believes that filling the Serge hole can propel this team forward, he will do it.

Personally, I would rather not include the first, but if I had to I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Serge post championship season before and during the bubble was excellent.

Let's not pretend that Turner is as skilled as Ibaka, it's not even close.

I might have overstated Turner's lack of value on offense a tad but he's just not a very skilled player apart from blocking shots and making the occasional open three.

Sent from my SM-G998W using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#236 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:17 am

Please trade him for Turner + Duarte already.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#237 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:47 am

Yeah sorry I'm not trading OG for Turner which thankfully Raps aren't biting on, would make it a fairly lateral move. GT Jr + something or walk away.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,198

Post#238 » by Appostis » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:41 am

Okay guys...

The last big trades the Raptors made(Powell for GTJ,and the Kawhi trade...) What rumors did you hear? None? Exactly..
iBall101
Senior
And1: 269

Post#239 » by iBall101 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:07 pm

Indiana definitely asked for OG, think he went to school there. Anyone who thinks OG for Myles equates to a good trade for us - is out to lunch. I would pass on trading for Myles Turner. Look for another big.
:nod: Masai’s Raptors :nod:

PG: D.Shroeder/A. Nembhard/M. Nowell
SG: O. Annunoby/ L. Kennard/ G. Dick
SF: S. Barnes/ G. Hayward/G. Temple
PF: P. Siakam/C. Boucher/J. McDaniels
C: J. Poeltl /P. Achiewa/ C. Koloko
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#240 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:51 pm

Only way Turner is traded for OG is that it’s Turner, Levert, 1st (1st might be too much) for OG and Dragic type of trade
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.

Return to Toronto Raptors