Trade Deadline thread: Nada... Nothing... Zip... WTF

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#181 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:43 am

bb22 wrote:Is Turner really someone that the Lakers need? I understand rim protection is an important part of team D, but the Lakers’ issue is perimeter D. If you’re looking for a potential championship run, you’re gonna finish those close games with AD at the 5, Lebron at the 4, a crafty scorer/creator, and 2 solid 3+D guys. IMO turner isn't worth it short term or long term.

They need to get rid of Westbrook, since he makes this team worse, and put themselves in position to make a big move for next season.

Turner seems to be kind of an over-hyped option for the Lakers... I'd love to have him, but probably not for what it would cost us...

The only reason he looks so good for us right now is because AD has been playing small for the last 2 seasons... At his peak, AD makes Turner essentially a traditional C for us and I doubt that would work out well... He'd want more...
We don't need a stretch 5 next to AD... We do need a rim protector and physical presence in the paint... that is half of what Turner is and probably only worth about half of what he'd cost us...

Now, if we're planning on trading AD for a dynamic young scorer... Maybe we do a separate deal for Turner as the 3rd guy... But as a single move, with the hope of bringing this **** together, I don't think it moves the needle much.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Post#182 » by Lakers24gm » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 am

Look don’t know if Boston does this but can’t find any teams that have Salaries that would make a Westbrook trade work. Are there any terrible salaries out there? But here we go.

Lakers Trade
Russell Westbrook
Deandre Jordan
Kent Bazemore
27 or 28 unprotected 1st

Celtics Trade
Al Horford
Josh Richardson
Juancho Hermangomez

Boston gets a PG to set up Brown and Tatum. With all his faults he does push the ball which could help Boston open up there stagnant offense.

Lakers move on from Russ and are able to Play Horford while AD is out. Lakers throw in there only asset in the unprotected 1st in the future.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#183 » by loveshaq786 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:15 am

We should really do this....

Westbrook and AD, baze, tht..... Lillard, nurkic, powell Covington (2 expirings, Lillard low buy now)

Than flip Lillard, DeAndre for brogdon, Turner, duarte
TheChosenLaker
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#184 » by TheChosenLaker » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:06 am

loveshaq786 wrote:We should really do this....

Westbrook and AD, baze, tht..... Lillard, nurkic, powell Covington (2 expirings, Lillard low buy now)

Than flip Lillard, DeAndre for brogdon, Turner, duarte

So we trade ad and get a bunch of role players? Great
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#185 » by Slava » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:12 am

Lakers24gm wrote:Look don’t know if Boston does this but can’t find any teams that have Salaries that would make a Westbrook trade work. Are there any terrible salaries out there? But here we go.

Lakers Trade
Russell Westbrook
Deandre Jordan
Kent Bazemore
27 or 28 unprotected 1st

Celtics Trade
Al Horford
Josh Richardson
Juancho Hermangomez

Boston gets a PG to set up Brown and Tatum. With all his faults he does push the ball which could help Boston open up there stagnant offense.

Lakers move on from Russ and are able to Play Horford while AD is out. Lakers throw in there only asset in the unprotected 1st in the future.

I'd ask for Marcus Smart, their locker room is tired of him but he'd thrive alongside LeBron and gives us a point of attack defender we've been missing since losing KCP and Caruso. Also don't think the first needs to be added as the salaries are roughly the same and its a trade of one man's trash to another.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#186 » by zuju » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:19 am

Cam Reddish off the board.

Missing out on him is real bad considering how much the Knicks gave up to get him. Could have solve us a big problem at the wing while lose literally nth significant
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#187 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:12 pm

Lakers reportedly offered two second round picks for Reddish.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#188 » by scoobs07 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:44 pm

wco81 wrote:Lakers reportedly offered two second round picks for Reddish.
Weird. Lakers could of put together a better package than that. Maybe Pelinka has a different player in mind come tomorrow, when THT is eligible to be traded.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#189 » by BEazy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:03 pm

Nah Pelinka knows he messed up majorly with his draft picks and now he's being stingy with them. I mean the only 1st we have to offer is a 2027 1st round pick. He's going to try like hell not to let that one go I'm sure.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#190 » by euphorbus » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:24 pm

Harrison Barnes is reportedly available. The Lakers need tall wings. I would rather have Barnes than Ariza.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#191 » by scoobs07 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:00 pm

euphorbus wrote:Harrison Barnes is reportedly available. The Lakers need tall wings. I would rather have Barnes than Ariza.
At 29, Barnes is a little older than the Lakers would probably want, but he has quietly been one of the most decent shooters the past 6 years (he missed a lot of games with injury). He would be "alright". Not sure if I want to trade THT for him though. Ideally, we take back another youngish player, like Trent. Even Grant is 27. But Barnes is a better shooter, lesser defender than Grant, but similar size. Could be a good medium. Well, maybr we got some options floating out there (hopefully). Trent, Grant, Barnes, Hield. Who else might be available? I would of took Reddish over Barnes though, due to his age.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#192 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:53 am

Covington for THT+Bazemore+SRPs

DFS+Burke for THT+FRP
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Post#193 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:19 am

Honestly with all the jokes aside and all the trades in here..

Lakers really need to forget about Small ball type of game

When it comes to trades.

Lakers Need to go all in on Myles Turner

Really the only C that will allow "Mr Soft" AD to play the 4

And since we're stuck with both Bron and AD for next 2-4 years?
Should consider getting a player who can get play the C and stretch the floor and allow AD to play the 4 ...

Even if the C can't stretch the floor Lakers need a big who can help AD and pro-long his career, cause lets face it "Mr Soft" is fragile as and he ain't getting any younger.
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#194 » by JRoy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:56 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:Honestly with all the jokes aside and all the trades in here..

Lakers really need to forget about Small ball type of game

When it comes to trades.

Lakers Need to go all in on Myles Turner

Really the only C that will allow "Mr Soft" AD to play the 4

And since we're stuck with both Bron and AD for next 2-4 years?
Should consider getting a player who can get play the C and stretch the floor and allow AD to play the 4 ...

Even if the C can't stretch the floor Lakers need a big who can help AD and pro-long his career, cause lets face it "Mr Soft" is fragile as and he ain't getting any younger.

With what assets?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#195 » by LAL1947 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:50 am

I would very much like for Lebron to be traded. Told y'all the minute the Westbrook trade happened that this garbage Lebron-ball plus Westbrook-ball is what we had in store for us and that it wouldn't be pretty. :P

Don't really care how it looks trading him away... I'm perfectly fine swapping Lebron for Ben Simmons plus Tyrese Maxey. If the 76ers are not open to including Maxey, then maybe some of their guards/wings (like Korkmaz, Springer, Isaiah Joe, Reed) and a good pick or two.

A trade with Toronto is also appealing to me, Lebron for OG and GTJ. Or even a 3-team trade with Toronto, if Lebron prefers Philly as his next destination (plus Lakers can then say they accommodated his request).

Toronto --> Ben Simmons
76ers ----> Lebron
Lakers ---> OG Anunoby plus something (plus GTJ and Korkmaz works in the ESPN trade machine)

Toronto: Simmons, FVV, Barnes, Siakam, Birch/Achiuwa
76ers: Lebron, Maxey/Curry, Thybulle/Green, Harris, Embiid

The Lakers will need to rebuild around AD, Anunoby, Monk, THT, Reaves, whoever they get in this package, plus whoever they can get from trading Westbrook, etc... so I won't yet put down a lineup for LA.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#196 » by LAL1947 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:26 pm

It seems like Philly is trying to trade Tobias along with Simmons, if reports being posted in the Trade section are to be believed... so if the Lakers FO could swing a trade of Lebron plus Westbrook for Simmons plus Tobias... that would be even more wonderful. I'd then look to move Tobias on in the off-season for better fitting pieces.
TheChosenLaker
Ballboy

Post#197 » by TheChosenLaker » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:27 pm

LAL1947 wrote:I would very much like for Lebron to be traded. Told y'all the minute the Westbrook trade happened that this garbage Lebron-ball plus Westbrook-ball is what we had in store for us and that it wouldn't be pretty. :P

Don't really care how it looks trading him away... I'm perfectly fine swapping Lebron for Ben Simmons plus Tyrese Maxey. If the 76ers are not open to including Maxey, then maybe some of their guards/wings (like Korkmaz, Springer, Isaiah Joe, Reed) and a good pick or two.

A trade with Toronto is also appealing to me, Lebron for OG and GTJ. Or even a 3-team trade with Toronto, if Lebron prefers Philly as his next destination (plus Lakers can then say they accommodated his request).

Toronto --> Ben Simmons
76ers ----> Lebron
Lakers ---> OG Anunoby plus something (plus GTJ and Korkmaz works in the ESPN trade machine)

Toronto: Simmons, FVV, Barnes, Siakam, Birch/Achiuwa
76ers: Lebron, Maxey/Curry, Thybulle/Green, Harris, Embiid

The Lakers will need to rebuild around AD, Anunoby, Monk, THT, Reaves, whoever they get in this package, plus whoever they can get from trading Westbrook, etc... so I won't yet put down a lineup for LA.

What in the world? Lebron for OG + gtj? Lmao
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#198 » by LAL1947 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:05 pm

TheChosenLaker wrote:What in the world? Lebron for OG + gtj? Lmao

Well, I'd do it. Father Time is undefeated... we might as well get ahead of that instead of getting stuck. We might even get doubly stuck if he insists on drafting Bronny... which we will have to do at the cost of giving up more assets, only to find out that Bronny is a bust. There's so much that can go wrong.

PG/THT?, GTJ/Monk/Reaves, OG/SF, PF/Doumbaya, AD/Center

That's not a bad place to start a rebuild from. To fill up the blanks, the FO could target guys like:
- Anfernee Simons, if Portland isn't able to extend him.
- Jericho Sims is a cheap, young, mobile option.
- Can we send Russ to Cleveland for Markkanen and Kevin Love?
- Furkan Korkmaz from Philly is productive and cheap.

This all may be a pipe dream, but I'd like to see us aim for something like this...

Anfernee/THT?, GTJ/Monk/Reaves, OG/Korkmaz, Markkanen/Doumbaya?, AD/Sims

Anyway, would you rather have a young team like this for 2022-23... or the Old Age Dream Team we rocking with?
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#199 » by TylersLakers » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:14 pm

We’re not trading LeBron lol.

We need to make some deals in the worst way.

- 1st, Nunn, THT and Jordan for Grant
- Bazemore, 2 2nd round picks for Kenrich Williams
- Ellington for Paul Millsap
- Sign Stanley Johnson
- Hopefully get Thad Young on a buyout
- Sign a buyout G with another spot. Garry Harris?

Roster:

Russ, Reaves, Grant, LeBron, AD

Monk, Williams, Thad, Melo

Harris, Ariza, Howard, Millsap, Stanley, Bradley as deep bench.
TheChosenLaker
Ballboy

Post#200 » by TheChosenLaker » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:34 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
TheChosenLaker wrote:What in the world? Lebron for OG + gtj? Lmao

Well, I'd do it. Father Time is undefeated... we might as well get ahead of that instead of getting stuck. We might even get doubly stuck if he insists on drafting Bronny... which we will have to do at the cost of giving up more assets, only to find out that Bronny is a bust. There's so much that can go wrong.

PG/THT?, GTJ/Monk/Reaves, OG/SF, PF/Doumbaya, AD/Center

That's not a bad place to start a rebuild from. To fill up the blanks, the FO could target guys like:
- Anfernee Simons, if Portland isn't able to extend him.
- Jericho Sims is a cheap, young, mobile option.
- Can we send Russ to Cleveland for Markkanen and Kevin Love?
- Furkan Korkmaz from Philly is productive and cheap.

This all may be a pipe dream, but I'd like to see us aim for something like this...

Anfernee/THT?, GTJ/Monk/Reaves, OG/Korkmaz, Markkanen/Doumbaya?, AD/Sims

Anyway, would you rather have a young team like this for 2022-23... or the Old Age Dream Team we rocking with?

Sure I am not apposed to trading Bron. I am apposed to trading him for trash

Also pelicans thanks you for those high lotto picks we owe them

Return to Los Angeles Lakers