Re: Game 43 vs Phoenix 7:00pm 

Post#2 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:24 am

Lamb and Brogdon out tonight.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Post#3 » by Pacersike » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:57 am

If Turner keeps playing like this, teams will not give up good value for him.

Many typers advertise him as 3 point shooter, but his 3 recent seasons are all worse than the 3 years before and aren't good enough.

Nice to read great shot blocker though, in stead of the less realistic great defender in the past.

I still hope he will find the necessary mental toughness on our Pacers and just accepts reality when Carlisle finishes the game with just 1 center, even it is Sabonis. No need to take the Lance route to grow up.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#4 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:15 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#5 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:47 am

Carlisle simply shouldn’t have played Duarte as many minutes tonight. It was so obvious that he’s not gotten back his conditioning and his mental state is about his off court family situation.

It’s awesome about having another child, I just think mentally he’s not totally back to work. I don’t fault him one bit as it’s natural behavior and a beautiful thing. As the newness wears off he’ll be focused on both job and family.

I fault the coaching staff for not recognizing early in the game that he was struggling to be effective from these two issues.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#6 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:04 am

Turner wasn’t P tonight :x
Lance magic wearing off ???
Duarte see above
Brissett so so.

LeVert actually played well because Phoenix defense made it necessary for him to take on the scoring role as he can get his shot where other players aren’t as good at it.
Craig and Holiday played well as they moved without ball and hit shots.

Sabonis got going second half as again first half looked like Carlisle was trying to run offense through Myles. FAIL

Sykes was over matched and rest of team non existent till the end.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#7 » by Tom White » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:43 am

Pacers Forever wrote:Lamb and Brogdon out tonight.

Is anyone surprised by this? I'll admit, sometimes I wonder how legit some of Brogdon's "injuries" are.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#8 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:35 am

Tom White wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:Lamb and Brogdon out tonight.

Is anyone surprised by this? I'll admit, sometimes I wonder how legit some of Brogdon's "injuries" are.

I’m thinking the same way with Brogdon’s health.

He’s either a very fragile athlete.

Looking out for self and won’t play if not perfectly healthy which I’m convinced is a strategy that very few professional athletes use to milk their time off preserving their body and career length until they have to play due to management pressure.

Really legit gets hurt easily.

Management holding him out ?

Whatever the reasons are I truly hope the Pacers are wise enough to see his game talent would be good on another team and that they get a better fit next season.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#9 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:52 am

Just a random thought or maybe a reminder to myself and other Pacer fans.

I watch practically every team in the NBA’s games throughout the season. I watch the Pacers whole game then get a sampling nightly of parts of any other game I want to. Pacers off nights I may watch full games of other teams if a great matchup.

So in watching every team and player in the league it’s a possibility that just maybe we over value our Pacers talent, thus the other teams don’t really want our players cause we don’t have as much talent as we and FO think we do. So they want our best few players and we think the offers are cheap.

I’m seeing franchises getting better athletes /talent than the Pacers either through the draft, trades, or free agency.

I’m seeing some franchises drafting or obtaining shooters/scorers.
Heat
Warriors
Suns
Grizzlies
Hornets

I’m seeing some franchises rebuilding who have a lot of young talent that they’re playing and trying to develop along with priceless draft picks.
Rockets
Magic
Thunder

I’m seeing some franchises whom were on the rise or trying to improve and injuries have derailed their season/progress.
Pelicans
Clippers
Nuggets
Blazers
Pacers….Warren, McConnell, Sumner although so much other issues needing fixed

Then I see franchises and just wonder WTH is going on.
Pacers …almost everything ha !
Spurs … looks like super secretive tank
Kings…..obvious fired coach/performance
Pistons…. Direction ?
Knicks……..Player fit ?
Celtics……supposedly big 2 toxic
Hawks…..player fit it seems

It’s crazy #10 in west is Sacramento 18-27 in the east it’s Knicks 21-21 more respectable.

In summary the Pacers in my opinion unless they make a major overhaul won’t sniff the playoffs anytime soon. I understand that in a small market it’s tough to build a championship team but cmon Front Office.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#10 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:02 am

In a separate thought I rarely talk about Carlisle and his staff getting out coached or out schemed. I’m sure it’s happening some games.

I need to remember some teams have really good offense sets/objectives.
Bucks, Jazz, Suns, Heat, and Warriors to name a few.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,270

Post#11 » by boomershadow » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:07 pm

The tank rolls on
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#12 » by Topofthekey » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Not enough talent + Ill-fitting pieces + Unsuitable coaching

Also, tbf, luck plays a big role

Look at the Hornets. They are a completely different team after lucking into Lamelo Ball
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#13 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:49 am

Topofthekey wrote:Not enough talent + Ill-fitting pieces + Unsuitable coaching

Also, tbf, luck plays a big role

Look at the Hornets. They are a completely different team after lucking into Lamelo Ball

Not sure they lucked into him, but that they gambled on his potential.

Agree though that he’s been a game changer along with drafting Miles Bridges, Martin, Washington, and adding Kelly Oubre, Terry Rozier and Gordon Hayward.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#14 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:57 am

To your point about luck I guess the drafting of Goga was bad luck that he hasn’t developed, bad organizational drafting, or bad coaching (Nate 1 & 2) not developing him. Take your pick.

I do see a future for him in the league if he ever decides to play aggressively around the rim both offensively and defensively. Last year we saw a glimpse of Goga the rebounding shot blocking guy with a bit of offense down low. Still waiting to see him give up the 3 ball and get in the lane.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#15 » by Topofthekey » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:53 pm

They got lucky in the lottery, they moved up all the way from #12 to #3

They weren't even trying to tank. This was the season they signed Hayward, they were trying to make the playoffs. We beat them in the play ins and sent them to the lottery

They were just a treadmill team trying to make the playoffs, but ended up going to the lottery and winning the #3 pick, which they used on Lamelo

Agreed that Pacers haven't been doing a good job at developing their draft picks. Which is infuriating, really. They can't attract stars in free agency, and they don't make big all-in trades. You'd think the least they could do was develope their draft picks but nooo
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:29 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:To your point about luck I guess the drafting of Goga was bad luck that he hasn’t developed, bad organizational drafting, or bad coaching (Nate 1 & 2) not developing him. Take your pick.

I do see a future for him in the league if he ever decides to play aggressively around the rim both offensively and defensively. Last year we saw a glimpse of Goga the rebounding shot blocking guy with a bit of offense down low. Still waiting to see him give up the 3 ball and get in the lane.

Apparently, camping beyond the arc is what his coaches have asked him to do, to facilitate a 4 out or 5 out offense. It appears he’s been asked to play the same role as Turner.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#17 » by Pacers Forever » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:05 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:To your point about luck I guess the drafting of Goga was bad luck that he hasn’t developed, bad organizational drafting, or bad coaching (Nate 1 & 2) not developing him. Take your pick.

Apparently, camping beyond the arc is what his coaches have asked him to do, to facilitate a 4 out or 5 out offense. It appears he’s been asked to play the same role as Turner.

Which I don’t like having bigs late in the offense not close to rebounding position. I hated early season when Carlisle had Domas in the corner.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#18 » by Pacers Forever » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:08 am

Topofthekey wrote:They got lucky in the lottery, they moved up all the way from #12 to #3

They weren't even trying to tank. This was the season they signed Hayward, they were trying to make the playoffs. We beat them in the play ins and sent them to the lottery

They were just a treadmill team trying to make the playoffs, but ended up going to the lottery and winning the #3 pick, which they used on Lamelo

Agreed that Pacers haven't been doing a good job at developing their draft picks. Which is infuriating, really. They can't attract stars in free agency, and they don't make big all-in trades. You'd think the least they could do was develope their draft picks but nooo

Ah I see the lottery position luck. Bingo. I was thinking luck of the player developing. My bad.

Return to Indiana Pacers