Return of Rui

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,152

Return of Rui 

Post#1 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:15 am

Klay Thompson isn't the only guy making his return today. Rui Hachimura put in 14 minutes of work shooting just 2/8 for 6 points 3 rebounds. It's a bit of a mystery what was keeping him out. Rather than focusing on why he was out, it's best to just appreciate that he's able to be back out on the floor. Hopefully he's overcome whatever obstacle kept him away and he's back for good.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
wfiles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Re: Return of Rui 

Post#2 » by wfiles » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:18 am

Never heard of Rui. He must have been out for 3 years like Klay. :lol:
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,060

Post#3 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:20 am

ElectricMayhem wrote:Klay Thompson isn't the only guy making his return today. Rui Hachimura put in 14 minutes of work shooting just 2/8 for 6 points 3 rebounds. It's a bit of a mystery what was keeping him out. Rather than focusing on why he was out, it's best to just appreciate that he's able to be back out on the floor. Hopefully he's overcome whatever obstacle kept him away and he's back for good.

didnt get a chance to see, what kind of shape is he in physically? does he look in shape and explosive ?
ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#4 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:22 am

wfiles wrote:Never heard of Rui. He must have been out for 3 years like Klay. :lol:

You've come to the right website to learn about professional basketball. Welcome! Feel free to ask questions, there are a lot of knowledgeable posters here.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#5 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:27 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:
ElectricMayhem wrote:Klay Thompson isn't the only guy making his return today. Rui Hachimura put in 14 minutes of work shooting just 2/8 for 6 points 3 rebounds. It's a bit of a mystery what was keeping him out. Rather than focusing on why he was out, it's best to just appreciate that he's able to be back out on the floor. Hopefully he's overcome whatever obstacle kept him away and he's back for good.

didnt get a chance to see, what kind of shape is he in physically? does he look in shape and explosive ?

I think he looks like he's in as good as shape as he can be for being out so long. It's hard to put your body through the actual game experience unless you're in the game.

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,769

Post#6 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:06 am

I've had this guy on my fantasy team and been waiting for him to return. Very weird time off as there wasn't really any news on why he was away for so long.

I thought he'd be starting for sure but don't know what his role will be going forward.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,258

Post#7 » by John Murdoch » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:35 am

Cauly stein is another dude out without specifying the reason..i think this will be more and more commonplace in alot of sports ( calvin ridley)
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#8 » by dlts20 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:11 am

TB is back also

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,060

Post#9 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:15 am

dlts20 wrote:TB is back also

love seeing the players start to get back after the two tough years theyve gone through.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#10 » by dlts20 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:22 am

[*]
Lockdown504090 wrote:
dlts20 wrote:TB is back also

love seeing the players start to get back after the two tough years theyve gone through.

Facts. It's a long slow grind. They are all emotional
GregOden
Starter
And1: 2,499

Post#11 » by GregOden » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:28 am

I wonder if it was not meeting expectations in the Olympics? The Japanese are pretty hard on a lot of their athletes and a lot of them struggle after poor showings in the Olympics and many retire young.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#12 » by dlts20 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:53 am

GregOden wrote:

I wonder if it was not meeting expectations in the Olympics? The Japanese are pretty hard on a lot of their athletes and a lot of them struggle after poor showings in the Olympics and many retire young.

I don't remember all the way but didn't they exceed expectations
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#13 » by DaddyCool19 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:10 am

dlts20 wrote:
GregOden wrote:

By losing all 3 games and getting eliminated in the group phase?
Pandemic Pea
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#14 » by Pandemic Pea » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:04 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:I've had this guy on my fantasy team and been waiting for him to return. Very weird time off as there wasn't really any news on why he was away for so long.

I thought he'd be starting for sure but don't know what his role will be going forward.

I thiunk it was mental health issues, can't remember where I read/heard that.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#15 » by dlts20 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:53 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:
dlts20 wrote:
GregOden wrote:

By losing all 3 games and getting eliminated in the group phase?

I'm not sure how it works but I know that their FIBA ranking was like 38 or 48 but they finished 11th in the Olympics. Were they supposed to beat any of the countries that you mentioned

Return to The General Board