ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Get Reddish per Woj

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Re: Knicks Get Reddish per Woj 

Post#1821 » by WargamesX » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:48 am

Oscirus wrote:So the hawks tried to sneak grimes from us and we said nty, you want the first, you'll take knox :). Not a big deal,but the old front office wouldve given up grimes.

You know it. Then Grimes would have been a reliable part of the Hawks bench and the Knicks would have let Knox walk for nothing.

it’s a good FO. I remember freaking out draft night when they did that Hornets pick trade, but in effect they got a better Wing prospect than anyone they could have drafted at the time.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#1822 » by Spot31 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:58 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:Should have hired Atkinson

yes we should have. Thibs ain't the right coach for a team w/ talent mostly under the age of 23. not a knock on Thibs, he's a great coach, but not the ideal situation for him or the team

Kenny would've been great. he'd have so much more young talent to work w/ here than he did in Brooklyn

my dream scenario is that we sell Randle, Burks, Fournier, Kemba, Rose, Noel...play the youth the rest of the way...and then after the season Thibs and the Knicks "mutually part ways"...he takes the Lakers job and we get Kenny :D

No knock on Kenny Atkinson, & I like the guy he's from NY. But how about Kenny join as an assistant coach under Tom and learn a thing or two about defense.
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,524

Post#1823 » by HopelessKnick » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:07 am

I like the deal. Nothing to get overly crazy about but this is the type of low risk-high reward move one can take. The Charlotte pick could have turned into a 16th or 17th pick at best I believe.

Reddish's biggest problem is his low percentage shooting. If he can't significantly improve on those percentages he is not gonna last long in the NBA---BUT there have been examples of players shooting in the thirties in the first years of their careers and then becoming more consistant (Rozier comes to mind). If he can ever stabilize his shooting to where he can hit at least like 43% from the field and 35% from three, he'll be a very very solid 3 and D rotation player.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,919

Post#1824 » by stuporman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:29 pm

What is this curious quote supposedly from 'Zion tweeted by some no check KY guy that doesn't really make any sense to me... why would Zion go out of his way to say this about IQ?... somebody explain what this is all about.

Read on Twitter
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#1825 » by Oscirus » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:38 pm

stuporman wrote:What is this curious quote supposedly from 'Zion tweeted by some no check KY guy that doesn't really make any sense to me... why would Zion go out of his way to say this about IQ?... somebody explain what this is all about.

Read on Twitter

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-knicks-immanuel-quickley-reveals-he-tried-recruiting-zion-williamson/

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/7/15/15977204/zion-williamson-recruiting-kentucky-duke-kansas-immanuel-quickley-package-deal

sounds like it was pertaining to zion potentially playing at kentucky
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,289

Post#1826 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:42 pm

Gobert is much more valuable than Mitchell to the Jazz. He's been more critical to their regular season success.

I know Mitchell had that sensational series against Denver.

But when Gobert gets exposed in the playoffs, that's when Utah get exposed as a team. And there's little Mitchell can do about it.

I think he (Mitchell) isn't worth Utah's probable asking price, even if he's a good player.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,657

Post#1827 » by DaGawd » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:21 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Gobert is much more valuable than Mitchell to the Jazz. He's been more critical to their regular season success.

But when Gobert gets exposed in the playoffs, that's when Utah get exposed as a team. And there's little Mitchell can do about it.

I think he (Mitchell) isn't worth Utah's probable asking price, even if he's a good player.

Agreed. If we want to make a move for Mitchell it’s almost a must to have a defensive anchor like Robinson to go along side him
BaF
Washington Wizards
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,145

Post#1828 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:32 pm

Cam Reddish trade theory:

In 2021, the Knicks kicked the Mavs 2021 pick out at least one year, and possibly two, by trading it for a Charlotte pick in 2022 or 2023

In 2022, the Knicks kicked the Charlotte 2022 pick (now called because of the higher CHANCE it will convey) into the 2023 season as they retain Cam through this year and NEXT.

Holes in theory: Knicks could have traded 2022 pick for some 2023 pick right now. At the deadline. In the offseason. During the draft.

I think it's a combination of the Knicks liked taking a chance on Cam's upside, that converting Knox and his salary slot and a conveying 2022 pick into Cam Reddish through 2023 and a 2nd rounder was better value, with possible upside

It fits into the picture that the Knicks are saving assets with a look more towards next season and a move than this one. I don't know who they are targeting and why they are thinking this way, but with the two year deals, kicking out the 2021 pick etc, seems the plan.

I get the reason to kick the 2021 pick out. I mean, even as the Hawks GM stated "All teams like 1st round picks", and we know they have good value in that they have worth that doesn't hit your cap space until you draft, and that teams control the destiny of who they pick, within the context of who is available at that spot.

I think a few things added up, maybe the Knicks looked around, utilized the WWW intel network, saw nothing big coming together this year regarding star forcing their way out, still have someone(s) in mind at next year's deadline, and decided that Cam Reddish was an asset under control through 2023 that would address some team needs, give them a chance to kick tires, and importantly, is an asset of greater or equal value to the 2022 Charlotte pick, which had the unfortunate change in looking to convey sooner than later.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,259
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1829 » by BKlutch » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:48 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
evevale wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Cruella DeVille! Perfect.

you dirty ol' man :lol: :lol:

You know about my fling with Mrs. Hornacek and Abby? They were hypnotized by my dance moves. That's Abby in the background heading right for the bedroom after just a few seconds.

I may not exactly recall your involvement with them, but I certainly remember both of those beauties well. They were a major reason I didn't want Horacek to be fired for a while. But ultimately, basketball won out over love lust.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,259
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1830 » by BKlutch » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:54 pm

Oscirus wrote:So the hawks tried to sneak grimes from us and we said nty, you want the first, you'll take knox :). Not a big deal,but the old front office wouldve given up grimes.

:nod: :nod:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#1831 » by waya » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:15 pm

There are still Kenny truthers on here? Yikes
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,396

Post#1832 » by god shammgod » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:19 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Gobert is much more valuable than Mitchell to the Jazz. He's been more critical to their regular season success.

yeah, i don't think people understand the impact of gobert. when he got injured for awhile a couple years ago they played under .500. now out with covid and -

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

what i was talking about when i said a couple years ago
Read on Twitter
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#1833 » by nedleeds » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Holes in theory: Knicks could have traded 2022 pick for some 2023 pick right now. At the deadline. In the offseason. During the draft.

This is my main problem with this trade. It's not even about Reddish. We don't have minutes to even play this guy unless we just never play Obi and Grimes. Even worse if Rose comes back.

iq
fournier
rj
burks
randle
mitch
rose
noel
obi
grimes

that's 10 ... Thibs plays like 7. It also assumes Kemba is done.

We also just could have used this pick to consolidate and move up. The Dallas 2023 pick (~20s next year assuming Luka is alive), our pick (13) and the Charlotte pick (21) could become like 8 this year.

We will get pressure to extend Cam Reddish based off like probably ~20 games vs. fake covid opponents. Then we get a year with him and have to deal with him wanting some insane extension along with RJ.

A 1st rounder this year, let's say 8 ... is cost controlled for 3+ years.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,396

Post#1834 » by god shammgod » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:34 pm

nedleeds wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Holes in theory: Knicks could have traded 2022 pick for some 2023 pick right now. At the deadline. In the offseason. During the draft.

This is my main problem with this trade. It's not even about Reddish. We don't have minutes to even play this guy unless we just never play Obi and Grimes. Even worse if Rose comes back.

iq
fournier
rj
burks
randle
mitch
rose
noel
obi
grimes

We also just could have used this pick to consolidate and move up. The Dallas 2023 pick (~20s next year assuming Luka is alive), our pick (13) and the Charlotte pick (21) could become like 8 this year.

We will get pressure to extend Cam Reddish based off like probably ~20 games vs. fake covid opponents. Then we get a year with him and have to deal with him wanting some insane extension along with RJ.

yeah, it seems there's little chance they're gonna give cam enough minutes to try to develop him properly. which makes you wonder why they bothered.
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,588

Post#1835 » by evevale » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:36 pm

trying to change that stupid angelina jolie avatar and now it tells me every url i use is now invalid even though i'm doing the same thing i've done w/ the last 2 stupid avi's i've used ...

i'm done
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,221

Post#1836 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:44 pm

god shammgod wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

iq
fournier
rj
burks
randle
mitch
rose
noel
obi
grimes

yeah, it seems there's little chance they're gonna give cam enough minutes to try to develop him properly. which makes you wonder why they bothered.

If they don't make any more trades to free up minutes...this trade was a waste of energy for us fans. It will lead to more aggravation. Seeing Burks and Evan..then Kemba/Rose dominate minutes will be frustrating to me. Chasing playoffs with these players is an exercise in futility. A waste of time. Grimes/IQ/Obi/Cam need to play. We also need a real starting PG and move on from one of Kemba/Rose...or both.
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,221

Post#1837 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:48 pm

evevale wrote:trying to change that stupid angelina jolie avatar and now it tells me every url i use is now invalid even though i'm doing the same thing i've done w/ the last 2 stupid avi's i've used ...

i'm done

I wouldn't even know where to start to make an avi. This one was made for me by one the posters here during the Melo trade(obviously).
:beer: RIP mags
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,577

Post#1838 » by Capn'O » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:56 pm

god shammgod wrote:

yeah, i don't think people understand the impact of gobert. when he got injured for awhile a couple years ago they played under .500. now out with covid and -

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

what i was talking about when i said a couple years ago
Read on Twitter

You've done it now. The Bat Signal just went up over NDOS' house.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,145

Post#1839 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:56 pm

god shammgod wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

iq
fournier
rj
burks
randle
mitch
rose
noel
obi
grimes

It's still all arguing around the periphery and we don't know the full thought process (ok, if any, lolz) that went into this.

I cover the pick probably conveying sooner than later might have motivated them. In part. They might also like trying out Cam in a kind of win/win that may pay big. Either way, the value of all these possibilities - in and of themselves - is about the same - 2022 pick vs some 2024 pick vs Cam etc.

Yes, I get it removes an asset that could be put into some theoretical trade. I'd assume all this was brought up and the consensus tilted towards this deal, which retained enough flexibility for the bigger picture, while yes, sacrificing some potential theoretical options.
I'm not defending the trade, just what I think prompted it.

Also, other theory:

They were thinking about the trade for a bit, as Cam was known to be on the block, and Dolan pressed them to get the trade done so it removed the Randle vs Fans drama from the press.

Sure as sh*t quieted all that down. To include on here.

Oh. And it's BS Thibs plays 7. Come on.

His rotations have been something like - and PG is hard, because Kemba and Rose have (SHOCKINGLY!) missed so much time:

Kemba/Burks/Rose (pick 2)
Fourskinier/IQ
RJ/Burks (Grimes here when Burks is PG)
Randle/Super small serving of Obi
Mitch/Taj or Sims or Noel

It's 10. Or 9, with a dash of Obi.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,577

Post#1840 » by Capn'O » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:57 pm

evevale wrote:trying to change that stupid angelina jolie avatar and now it tells me every url i use is now invalid even though i'm doing the same thing i've done w/ the last 2 stupid avi's i've used ...

i'm done

The site only allows avis from certain upload sites. I think it's in the TOS. It's annoying.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks