Has Ja surpassed Luka?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Vote

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 301

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,589

Re: Has Ja surpassed Luka? 

Post#61 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:50 am

Ja is playing above his usual play and will regress some. Luka is playing well below his peak and will bounce back. So at this very moment Ja has had the better season. Is he a better player in general? HELL NO.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#62 » by deneem4 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:52 am

OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:Ja is playing above his usual play and will regress some. Luka is playing well below his peak and will bounce back. So at this very moment Ja has had the better season. Is he a better player in general? HELL NO.

Why not?
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,589

Post#63 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 am

deneem4 wrote:
OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:Ja is playing above his usual play and will regress some. Luka is playing well below his peak and will bounce back. So at this very moment Ja has had the better season. Is he a better player in general? HELL NO.

Why not?

You don’t “surpass” someone for 2 months of better play. Luka has shown he can play at an MVP level since basically the day he was drafted. In the playoffs, he’s gone nuclear. We are talking about a Bird/Lebron/Jordan type prospect, and career trajectory. It’s just not a good comparison to me.

Ja is more in the tier 2 star category for me. Not a traditional MVP candidate, but likely to end the season in the 10-15 range in terms of best player ranking. I do think he can make a Rose MVP run if the Grizzlies continue this and get the #1 or #2 seed out west. I just don’t think talent wise he’s gonna sustain.

He’s already cooled off quite a bit in the last month if I’m remembering correctly. Luka is likely going to continue to play himself into shape over the season.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#64 » by Lalouie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:21 am

walk with me wrote:Vote … simple question

Ja has been blazing hot and Luka has been pretty quiet… what are your thoughts.

i love ja as much as anyone but,,,,,,,,
you've been watching too manny hilites of late
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#65 » by KingFox » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:35 am

He has in my book, at least for this season. No doubt
KingFox
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by KingFox » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:36 am

VCfor3 wrote:Ja has been better this year but overall I still give Luka the edge. Ja has been closing ground though.

I can get with this take
KingFox
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by KingFox » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:38 am

Or maybe he's just gotten better as expected
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,442

Post#68 » by Big J » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:04 am

KingFox wrote:He has in my book, at least for this season. No doubt

Luka just smoked him head to head man.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#69 » by walk with me » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:05 pm

Lalouie wrote:

You’re assuming i have a take and I don’t… I just wanted to make a fun thread for people to discuss an idea.

I truthfully don’t care who’s better cause neither guys team is in position to make the finals.
Luke Skyowner
Sophomore
And1: 201

Post#70 » by Luke Skyowner » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:13 pm

walk with me wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

You’re assuming i have a take and I don’t… I just wanted to make a fun thread for people to discuss an idea.

I truthfully don’t care who’s better cause neither guys team is in position to make the finals.

You are assuming it is a fun thread and people want to discuss this idea. Truthfully people don´t care.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Post#71 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:36 pm

Ja has definitely lifted his game this season and is one of my favorite players to watch. I don’t see him as a superstar yet though. He needs to play in the playoffs the way he’s played the last 20 games.

Also with as good as Ja has been the only his season and with Luka having a down season, Ja still has fewer points, assists, and rebounds than Luka.

Ja has the better team but he’s not the better player compared to Luka. Someone posted that Luka is in the same talent level as Magic/Bird/Labron which I agree and Ja or more like Mike Conley with better assist numbers.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#72 » by walk with me » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Luke Skyowner wrote:
walk with me wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

You are assuming it is a fun thread and people want to discuss this idea. Truthfully people don´t care.

Then why did you and whoever else come in ever bother responding? If the thread sucked it would have fallen off page 1 already. It hasn’t.

Nice try tho. Keep that toxic energy somewhere else please
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#73 » by mademan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:02 pm

Ja has been better this season but Luka's best season(s) has/have been better. And Luka's shown he can be a monster in the playoffs, even if it's only been the 1st round. Ja was meh in his first showing
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,387

Post#74 » by svart » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 pm

Luke Skyowner wrote:
walk with me wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

You are wrong, i for example do care, luka and ja are two of my favourite players in the league, and it is entartaining to see so many takes. I won't rank them, i like them both, but this thread is a good read :wink:
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#75 » by jefe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:34 pm

Mr B wrote:Ja has definitely lifted his game this season and is one of my favorite players to watch. I don’t see him as a superstar yet though. He needs to play in the playoffs the way he’s played the last 20 games.

Also with as good as Ja has been the only his season and with Luka having a down season, Ja still has fewer points, assists, and rebounds than Luka.

Ja has the better team but he’s not the better player compared to Luka. Someone posted that Luka is in the same talent level as Magic/Bird/Labron which I agree and Ja or more like Mike Conley with better assist numbers.

We'll see what he does this year, but last year he put up 30/8/5 against the Jazz in the playoffs.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#76 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 pm

svart wrote:
Luke Skyowner wrote:
walk with me wrote:

You are wrong, i for example do care, luka and ja are two of my favourite players in the league, and it is entartaining to see so many takes. I won't rank them, i like them both, but this thread is a good read :wink:

Personally I’d love to see Ja maintain the success he’s having and to end his career in the same breath as Luka and Trae Young, and for all 3 to end up in the same class as Kidd, Nash, and Chris Paul. The NBA can’t have too many superstar PG’s.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#77 » by John Murdoch » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 pm

Playoffs matter
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,916

Post#78 » by CobraCommander » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:39 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:After watching tonight's game I assume some of the Morant voters got reminded who Luka is.

So if Ja out played Luka one game would you have changed your vote...exactly Todd

You know where I am on these both Luka and Ja (fun topic about two good guys)

At this point it’s an honor and impressive that Ja has jumped into the conversation with Luka. and we all agree Ja is closer to AllNBA 1st team, allstar starter and MVP than Luka is this year...but that doesn’t change who Luka is.

Side note With Derozen being counted as a guard makes the all nba guard battle exciting this year...Luka or Ja could miss the list all together
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#79 » by Tetlak » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Point guards don't win playoff games. Steph is the only one who's done it in 30 years.

Versatile, first option wings do.

Luka will always >>>> Ja.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#80 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to The General Board