ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Abysmal

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Re: PG: Abysmal 

Post#181 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:06 am

I've watched this team since game one, I've ranged from super angry to disappointed to completely fed up after the wizard sweep. I don't think I've ever been more disgusted in the team than I was tonight. My only saving grace is didn't lose any money because I sorta actually saw this coming.
RalphWiggum
RealGM

Post#182 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:10 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:I can't think of a worse bench and I've been watching this squad since 2003.

Bunch of bums man. Most of these scrubs are barely NBA level players.
There's a couple guys that can occasionally have decent night's but zero guys you can rely on to consistently be quality players.

This is a front office failure and it needs to be addressed.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#183 » by Childs » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:00 am

Thank god I was at work and didn’t watch this atrocity. Bobby and Masai have to do a way better job in the off-season to fix this bench. How many times has one player out score the entire bench?
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,207

Post#184 » by Appostis » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:19 am

The bench certainly is awful..but can't people figure out its largely on purpose?

"Everybody's like 'why don't you get in the play-in?' Play-in for what?" Says everybody has already forgotten they won a title two years ago. So the goal is to win another. "What's the next lift? What are we doing to put ourselves in conversation with all the winners?""

It's about making a championship quality team..**** the play in. **** Being a first round exit team. Team could of made moves to get vets to play the bench..to make this team a sure thing as a first round/maybe second round playoff team. But why? Why make foolish short term plays.

They gambled on youth,in hopes they might find some solid young players to make the next Pascal, Powell,..the next FVV. They knew this would cost tons of games..but they don't care. Long term, another FVV, and another solid draft pick would put this team back as potentially a championship threat.

MU been clear about this.

Do not expect any moves to make the bench better. No short term moves. 2022/3 is the season this team is back. Ideally this season ends with another high draft pick, and ideally a guy like Poeltl(if Flynn/CB/future first or seconds can do it)

FVV/GTJ/Barnes/OG/Pascal/Poeltl/Draft pick..and one or two of the young bench... That's the future.
RalphWiggum
RealGM

Post#185 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:37 am

Childs wrote:Thank god I was at work and didn’t watch this atrocity. Bobby and Masai have to do a way better job in the off-season to fix this bench. How many times has one player out score the entire bench?
That depends on how many times that player has played the Raptors.
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,665

Post#186 » by Mattatron » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:07 am

Awful to watch, Watanabe and the rest of the bench is just useless. I've had enough after the 1st quarter and Boucher's stumbling over the court
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,158

Post#187 » by HiJiNX » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:48 am

Y’all really overreacting. It’s just one game against a team that wants to beat us at all costs every time. It doesn’t mean this team isn’t a good team when the starters are healthy. And yes the drop off from the starters is STEEP but like pingpongrac said, I’m sure the front office didn’t expect Svi and Boucher’s shooting to regress as much as it has. Raptors will still be in the playoffs come April. Some people may not like that but it’s true.

We do miss having GTJ space the floor and be a release valve though.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#188 » by God Squad » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:54 am

We're one of the biggest pretenders in the east. Absolutely pitiful.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,951

Post#189 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:28 pm

HiJiNX wrote:Y’all really overreacting. It’s just one game against a team that wants to beat us at all costs every time. It doesn’t mean this team isn’t a good team when the starters are healthy. And yes the drop off from the starters is STEEP but like pingpongrac said, I’m sure the front office didn’t expect Svi and Boucher’s shooting to regress as much as it has. Raptors will still be in the playoffs come April. Some people may not like that but it’s true.

I remember having this discussion prior to last season, but Boucher was like a career low 30s shooter from 3. He was never a good shooter, just a guy who could shoot. Last year he was an incredible shooter. Now he's turned into a terrible shooter, but one that can make up for it with effort, athleticism and a decent touch around the rim. Svi plays like mobsters have gotten to his family. He's only ever been a "bad team" player. The kind that has never had stakes, and so never has to really worry about mistakes. It's truly time Nurse pulls the plug, but I think because he lobbied the FO to get him that he's paternalizing this relationship. Matt Thomas was much better and did way more for the Raptors. Terence Davis (I get why he's not on the team anymore, but...) was a knock down shooter. These weren't Nurse's guys, and so he nitpicked.

Anyway, the only enjoyable part of this game was Ed Malloy emphasizing "potential" on the flagrant shove to Boucher. Right there you knew he was going to do everything in his power to ignore the evidence and lobby for a common foul. Moments like that are unique to this league, where some of the refs become so well known as bad at their job that they're characters and a part of the entertainment product.

I also like that Scottie picked it up a bit despite his struggles. He had a bit of a Bargnani first half. I felt like he could have been given more minutes, even. It seemed like just bad game management to overplay Siakam and Fred in a clean blowout. Nurse chewing out the refs at the end of the game there made me cringe. Casey has his number and is living in his head. Just take a page out of his book and brandish the ring, instead of deflecting your rage at some guys who had no influence on the outcome.
kirkwood
Starter
And1: 1,718

Post#190 » by kirkwood » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm

We are going for ninth!!!

As I’ve said from day one, this is a treadmill team and management that can’t make up its mind.

The result will be a poor draft selection in the 8-10 range and either a game out of the playoffs or just sneaking in and getting swept.

The return of the BC days
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#191 » by refshateRaps » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 pm

We dont have 'it'
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,122

Post#192 » by Chandan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:56 pm

refshateRaps wrote:We dont have 'it'

neither does Detroit.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,781

Post#193 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:03 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:Y’all really overreacting. It’s just one game against a team that wants to beat us at all costs every time. It doesn’t mean this team isn’t a good team when the starters are healthy. And yes the drop off from the starters is STEEP but like pingpongrac said, I’m sure the front office didn’t expect Svi and Boucher’s shooting to regress as much as it has. Raptors will still be in the playoffs come April. Some people may not like that but it’s true.

I remember having this discussion prior to last season, but Boucher was like a career low 30s shooter from 3. He was never a good shooter, just a guy who could shoot. Last year he was an incredible shooter. Now he's turned into a terrible shooter, but one that can make up for it with effort, athleticism and a decent touch around the rim. Svi plays like mobsters have gotten to his family. He's only ever been a "bad team" player. The kind that has never had stakes, and so never has to really worry about mistakes. It's truly time Nurse pulls the plug, but I think because he lobbied the FO to get him that he's paternalizing this relationship. Matt Thomas was much better and did way more for the Raptors. Terence Davis (I get why he's not on the team anymore, but...) was a knock down shooter. These weren't Nurse's guys, and so he nitpicked.

Anyway, the only enjoyable part of this game was Ed Malloy emphasizing "potential" on the flagrant shove to Boucher. Right there you knew he was going to do everything in his power to ignore the evidence and lobby for a common foul. Moments like that are unique to this league, where some of the refs become so well known as bad at their job that they're characters and a part of the entertainment product.

I also like that Scottie picked it up a bit despite his struggles. He had a bit of a Bargnani first half. I felt like he could have been given more minutes, even. It seemed like just bad game management to overplay Siakam and Fred in a clean blowout. Nurse chewing out the refs at the end of the game there made me cringe. Casey has his number and is living in his head. Just take a page out of his book and brandish the ring, instead of deflecting your rage at some guys who had no influence on the outcome.

The one thing I don't miss about Kyle is the arguing with the refs. It is getting old when Nurse does it. I don't think it changes anything. Any complaints about how our team is treated should be Masai and Bobby's job.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#194 » by refshateRaps » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:19 pm

Chandan wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:We dont have 'it'

neither does Detroit.

Exactly

Casey lives for these games against TO. These are Detroits playoffs games.

When push comes to & shove no one on this team can consistently take the load off others or stop a run.

We will be exposed in a 7 game series with our current squad.

We get away with it in the regular season when other top team are going thru the motions but when teams come at us & thing tighten our guys freeze up a bit, hold the ball & force worse looks.
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#195 » by Ref_from_hell » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:27 pm

Will do not hold back in his slander pod. His top three worst players last night were Precious, Banton, and then a combination of Svi and Watanabe. At some point your bench needs to produce. It's like a recurring pattern where one guy from the opposing team's bench out scores your entire bench. That's so sad.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#196 » by will » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 pm

Rough L.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#197 » by will » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 pm

kirkwood wrote:We are going for ninth!!!

As I’ve said from day one, this is a treadmill team and management that can’t make up its mind.

The result will be a poor draft selection in the 8-10 range and either a game out of the playoffs or just sneaking in and getting swept.

The return of the BC days

Join us in the tWo thread.

Tank for this season, get a high pick, get the eff out of the lottery and move towards being a contender.
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#198 » by Ref_from_hell » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:32 pm

Appostis wrote:The bench certainly is awful..but can't people figure out its largely on purpose?

"Everybody's like 'why don't you get in the play-in?' Play-in for what?" Says everybody has already forgotten they won a title two years ago. So the goal is to win another. "What's the next lift? What are we doing to put ourselves in conversation with all the winners?""

It's about making a championship quality team..**** the play in. **** Being a first round exit team. Team could of made moves to get vets to play the bench..to make this team a sure thing as a first round/maybe second round playoff team. But why? Why make foolish short term plays.

They gambled on youth,in hopes they might find some solid young players to make the next Pascal, Powell,..the next FVV. They knew this would cost tons of games..but they don't care. Long term, another FVV, and another solid draft pick would put this team back as potentially a championship threat.

MU been clear about this.

Do not expect any moves to make the bench better. No short term moves. 2022/3 is the season this team is back. Ideally this season ends with another high draft pick, and ideally a guy like Poeltl(if Flynn/CB/future first or seconds can do it)

FVV/GTJ/Barnes/OG/Pascal/Poeltl/Draft pick..and one or two of the young bench... That's the future.

I respectfully disagree. The "play in for what" was in reference to making a push for the play in when we were in Tampa. When you had opposing team's fans cheering against you and you made no revenue. Right now we have the youngest team in the league with a great core and a budding superstar. These are different circumstances. Making the playoffs with this young core would be a bonus not a "treadmill"
will
RealGM

Post#199 » by will » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:32 pm

Which is good enough for a first round playoff entrance and exit.
will
RealGM

Post#200 » by will » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:33 pm

The Raptors have no bench, outside of Father BOoShay, now that Khem is out for a bit.

Return to Toronto Raptors