ImageImageImage

Well that was unpleasant! Postgame thread vs Sixers 1/14

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Re: Well that was unpleasant! Postgame thread vs Sixers 1/14 

Post#121 » by BillessuR6 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:22 am

Only watched the first quarter. That was a massacre. We were up 10:4 and then started turning the ball over and just took one terrible shot after another.

Our offensive system is tge worst in the league...

Sent from my SM-T530 using RealGM mobile app
philing00
Senior
And1: 200

Post#122 » by philing00 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:39 pm

Grant sux. Does he play any D, NO. Is he a knock down shooter, NO ( hitting wide open corner 3s don’t count). Our team sux if he is score piece of the rotation.
Pritchard on the other hand punches above his weight on the defensive end and can hit 3s all over the place.
Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#123 » by Garbanzo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:48 pm

The bad:
Brutal game for Udoka
At one point the team was +13 when Tatum played the 4 with Rob at the 5 position (give or take a few points)
I stopped counting when Udoka didn't challenge that offensive foul on Brown in the middle of the fourth (why Ime, why?, that was raising a white flag way too soon).

The good:
Even Udoka realized that we should never pair Horfie and Williams together.
He stopped using that from the middle of the 3th.

Pritchard and Nesmith were great
Jalen and Jason both played very well, passed the ball and didn't lose it, while Tatum was paired with Rob.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,798

Post#124 » by Larry_Russell » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:05 pm

I am done with ime.

Done with schroder

Done with al at the 4

Only inprovement that was made to this team over last year was richardson.

Put tatum back at pf and start richardson
Play the young guys to develop them
Fire ime
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#125 » by BK_2020 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:22 pm

Tuned into other games about halfway through the 1st q but it looks like we stopped Embiid's streak so that's a win in my books.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#126 » by return2glory » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 pm

Infinite Llamas wrote:Nesmith freaking took a charge with a Goliath Embiid stampeding towards him. He stood his ground like he didn’t give two ****. That’s courage and willing to put it all on the line even when the rest of the guys were mostly sleepwalking the whole game. And it’s a crying shame that that courage will be rewarded with a DNP-CD next game as a result.

I watch the way Nesmith plays like everyone else. He plays with effort all the time. He wants to be on the court. Also from the things I've read about him is that he works really hard and wants to get better. Not every player is like that.

I hope we keep him. There are things in his game where you say, okay, okay he has some moves and can get his shot off. Watching him, I feel like he has a chance at being our 3rd best player behind Tatum and Brown, in a year or two. But he needs time to play. He got more playing like last year as a rookie. That needs to change.

This team is an average team at best and we are playing vets like Schroder and Richardson. We can be average or better with Pritchard and Nesmith playing instead of Schroder and Richardson and we also get to develop them at the same time.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#127 » by return2glory » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:53 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:I am done with ime.

Done with schroder

Done with al at the 4

Fire ime

I agree with almost everything you said. But I would start Nesmith instead of Richardson. But I would take Richardson in the starting lineup over Al at this point. But we need a head coach on the team to make adjustments already. Half the season is over and still no adjustments.

We are a .500 team and we are playing these games without a head coach. There is no coaching going on, on or off the court.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#128 » by Larry_Russell » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 pm

return2glory wrote:

Done with schroder

Done with al at the 4

Fire ime

I agree with almost everything you said. But I would start Nesmith instead of Richardson. But I would take Richardson in the starting lineup over Al at this point. But we need a head coach on the team to make adjustments already. Half the season is over and still no adjustments.

We are a .500 team and we are playing these games without a head coach. There is no coaching going on, on or off the court.

I 100% would rather start aaron too.

I doubt ime gets xanned during thebseason and the only hopes I can have is

Schroder gone
Tatum at the 4

Leaving Josh at the 2
redbeamer
Junior
And1: 655

Post#129 » by redbeamer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:03 pm

Our offense consists of three players standing still while Tatum or Brown dribble around half court for about half the shot clock. Then a big runs out to the top of the key to set a screen or catch the ball for a dribble hand off. The defense collapses into the paint and neither Brown nor Tatum can get the ball to an open shooter consistently. When they do the shooters do not shoot a high enough percentage to make the opposing team pay. More often than not, Tatum or Brown end up running into traffic, turning the ball over, getting blocked at the rim, or missing a difficult layup.

On the other hand you watch Philly and they swing the ball, hit Embiid in the post, he either makes a move, hits an open cutter, or kicks it to a shooter who makes the shot.

The offensive system is the problem and the coach is not making adjustments to correct it. We have two players sitting on the bench who could make teams pay from the perimeter and we still have Schroeder who doesn't want to shoot, Horford who has forgotten how to shoot, and usually Smart who loves to shoot but can't make anything on the court.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,398

Post#130 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Embiid was even trying to help us by calling out our poor habits.

Brad needs to make serious court changes and needs to make a push to bring in some meaningful player that can help change the attitude and discipline of this team. This team simply isn't coachable and the only fix is a roster upgrade that will improve the personality of the team

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#131 » by keevsnick1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:32 pm

Alot of people complaining about our mental toughness, about Ime, about our offense ect.

Strangely I don't think we lost this game for any of those reasons. It just so happened our two stars sucked in the same game, like brutally. They both were better in the 3rd quarter but by then the game was too far gone. That happens, we beat MIA in a similar fashion earlier this year.

Ime's rotations, kids not playing, not having a real PG, none of it matters if Brown/Tatum shoot 4-20 in the half and send you down by 20. And since I don't expect them to repeat that performance very often I dont know that there's much to take from this one.At least most of their turnovers were them trying to pass the ball?
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,835

Post#132 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:47 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sad but true.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#133 » by Larry_Russell » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:58 pm

The knocks on tatum and Brown isoing being a long standing issue.
This year
Tatum iso 20%
Schroder iso 16%
Brown iso 8%

Last year for those 3
Tatum 18.5%
Schroder 8.2%
Brown 7%

This is mostly on coach. Its the offense he runs. He has no damn clue and just expects offense to happen.

He cannot draw up a play for a guy to get them going. He cannot draw a play to create an easy shot.
ryan in Maine
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,414

Post#134 » by ryan in Maine » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:24 pm

keevsnick1 wrote:Alot of people complaining about our mental toughness, about Ime, about our offense ect.

Strangely I don't think we lost this game for any of those reasons. It just so happened our two stars sucked in the same game, like brutally. They both were better in the 3rd quarter but by then the game was too far gone. That happens, we beat MIA in a similar fashion earlier this year.

Ime's rotations, kids not playing, not having a real PG, none of it matters if Brown/Tatum shoot 4-20 in the half and send you down by 20. And since I don't expect them to repeat that performance very often I dont know that there's much to take from this one.At least most of their turnovers were them trying to pass the ball?

I get the vibe that a lot of us are starting to believe that if the young fellas see significant playing time and Ime stops treating our franchise like his pet project then JT and JB will have an easier go of things from one end of the court to the other.

Our star players don't suck in a vacuum.

Disregard age for a moment and look at the skills Pritchard and Nesmith bring to the team. Romeo to an extent as well. We need their skills to field a balanced offense and defense. It's like Ime is choosing a handicap for us over playing the youngens. As was mentioned earlier it's not like we're risking our winning streak over it lol. There's more risk in continuing to do things the Ime way than there is in giving Pritchard and Nesmith a say in our team identity.

Tldr: Play the kids and the variables that lead to poor shooting and high turnover nights for JT and JB will be minimized. Assuming the kids develop enough confidence to play their games every night.
Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,785

Post#135 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:25 pm

LOL, with Marcus Smart out, the new scapegoats are Ime and Schroder. This loss was 100% on the J's sloppy and selfish play.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
ryan in Maine
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,414

Post#136 » by ryan in Maine » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:27 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:The knocks on tatum and Brown isoing being a long standing issue.
This year
Tatum iso 20%
Schroder iso 16%
Brown iso 8%

Last year for those 3
Tatum 18.5%
Schroder 8.2%
Brown 7%

Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#137 » by Tatumfor2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:24 pm

The first game of a back-to-back is always the toughest...

Win it for Al!!! :pray:
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#138 » by GoGreen » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:14 pm

return2glory wrote:

Done with schroder

Done with al at the 4

Fire ime

I agree about Dennis, his time here is up. Not to mention this team gets under the tax if he's traded, so it feels like It'll undoubtedly happen. Also about playing the kids more. Start Nesmith or not, just get him more minutes. Team sucks anyway, why not? And Al at the 4 just needs to stop. He's a bench player now.

But I'm still on the Ime train. First yr coach with a roster full of kids and 2 stars who are rather immature at times. Not to mention, we saw yhe same problems under Brad. This isn't a coaching thing imo. There's something stinky in that locker room.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#139 » by jmr07019 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:19 pm

Horford and Schroeder played 42 minutes shot 2/11 for 6 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 3 TO, 5 fouls, -31 in plus minus

Brown and Tatum turned the ball over way too much. Brown to his credit tried to get the team back in the game in the third with a flurry of baskets But we weren’t getting stops and instead just traded buckets.

I’m not impressed with Ime. If you don’t understand the importance of shooting and spacing you shouldn’t be coach
Show Love Spread Love
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#140 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:20 pm

Garbanzo wrote:The bad:
Brutal game for Udoka
At one point the team was +13 when Tatum played the 4 with Rob at the 5 position (give or take a few points)
I stopped counting when Udoka didn't challenge that offensive foul on Brown in the middle of the fourth (why Ime, why?, that was raising a white flag way too soon).

The good:
Even Udoka realized that we should never pair Horfie and Williams together.
He stopped using that from the middle of the 3th.

Pritchard and Nesmith were great
Jalen and Jason both played very well, passed the ball and didn't lose it, while Tatum was paired with Rob.

He didn't learn, he goes away from double Big every game (basically forced to), but somehow he still insists on starting the game with it. It will work once in a while so Ime thinks it's the players not making it work the rest of the time.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)

Return to Boston Celtics