Image ImageImage Image

PG: Not contenders right now

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Re: PG: Not contenders right now 

Post#41 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:36 am

BloodyQ wrote:
ch434355 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

Then why'd you take 10 shots

I'm thinking there's something internally going on....if they lose like this a few more times than it will be obvious.

LMAO, things couldn't have been any peachier less than a week ago, now in a game where Zach got hurt and DeMar had the green light to shoot as much as he wanted suddenly there's "something internally going on..."

Where do you guys get this **** from? It's an 82 game season and we're currently missing 6 players including our 2nd best player, all of our PFs, and our best-bench player/defender. It may be shocking but there's going to be tough stretches over the course of a season.

Absolutely asinine and baffling to think that a team that has blown expectations out of the water en route to the 1st seed despite missing a ton of key guys has "something internally going on..." without a shred of evidence to back up such a claim. Nothing but sky-is-falling panicky overreaction knee-jerk ridiculousness. Utterly laughable.

If Zach's injury is serious then it will be time to panic, so in the meantime try not to create made up scenarios that have no basis in reality.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#42 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:40 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
BloodyQ wrote:
ch434355 wrote:
Then why'd you take 10 shots

I'm thinking there's something internally going on....if they lose like this a few more times than it will be obvious.

LMAO, things couldn't have been any peachier less than a week ago, now in a game where Zach got hurt and DeMar had the green light to shoot as much as he wanted suddenly there's "something internally going on..."

Where do you guys get this **** from? It's an 82 game season and we're currently missing 6 players including our 2nd best player, all of our PFs, and our best-bench player/defender. It may be shocking but there's going to be tough stretches over the course of a season.

Absolutely asinine and baffling to think that a team that has blown expectations out of the water en route to the 1st seed despite missing a ton of key guys has "something internally going on..." without a shred of evidence to back up such a claim. Nothing but sky-is-falling panicky overreaction knee-jerk ridiculousness. Utterly laughable.

If Zach's injury is serious then it will be time to panic, so in the meantime try not to create made up scenarios that have no basis in reality.
I agree dude, I just enjoy one game at a time. Crticize the performance based on an objective eye test but don't sprout unfounded conspiracy theories.
One thing I will say that Fish outlined, motion offenses run to perfection are a thing of beauty. Even with Green & Klay out the Dubs just run a great offense.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#43 » by qianlong » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 am

The only important thing is that Zach is fine, meaning non serious injury. even if he has to stay out for a month it is fine but he needs to be able to get some run before the playoff. I'm sorry to say it for him, but being out some period may even cost him the super max.
Maybe i just had lower expectations, but to me this is a year to get playoff experience, next year, with some offseason changes is when i really hope to go for it.
Ball don't lie
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#44 » by HOTCARL_o » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:56 am

There next ESPN game going to be again Charlotte, they need to start showing up for these games cause the playoffs going to be nationally televised so they gotta get used to it
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#45 » by BullChit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:50 am

HOTCARL_o wrote:There next ESPN game going to be again Charlotte, they need to start showing up for these games cause the playoffs going to be nationally televised so they gotta get used to it

I honestly don't think the whole Nationally televised narrative plays any role in this teams current struggles.

We are a newly put together squad who have had tremendous success and a changed culture in less than half a season.

We are now suffering through injuries to key players and a key position that has been make shift solution after make shift solution since P.Will went down.

The next man up mentality only works for so long and the next man up is always going to be looking for light at the end of the tunnel. During the 9 game winning streak we were essentially holding back the Dam from breaking with plywood and woodglue, we all knew it and shouldn't be surprised.

Remember AKME said last year was an evaluation year and it's exactly what it was - moves were made and the team improved but to think we would instantly become a contending team without in season lapses, struggles and slumps is just nonsensical.

The goals for this season were to
1. Make the playoffs
2. Change the culture
3. Become a better situation for Free Agents to consider.

Even now after 2 massive blow outs in a row (to actual proven title contenders) AKME can tick off at least at 2 of if not all 3 of those goals.

Now as for our most pressing matter, Zach LaVine's injury and all we can do with that is Pray to Christ Almight that Zach is healthy and can continue playing the game he loves.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#46 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 am

Well I see this as a opportunity for the next man to step up. Why is everyone so down. Vucevic can now officially become the magic version of himself. He'll get touches much more now. Ayo will be asked to look for his shot. Somebody will surprise. Caruso has been out a while. He has to be back soon. Coby can show us for sure if he's a improved player. Lonzo can't watch anymore. He has to create much more. He can do it. I'd even put McClung out there to see what he can bring. This is nothing but opportunity
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#47 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:35 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:Well I see this as a opportunity for the next man to step up. Why is everyone so down. Vucevic can now officially become the magic version of himself. He'll get touches much more now. Ayo will be asked to look for his shot. Somebody will surprise. Caruso has been out a while. He has to be back soon. Coby can show us for sure if he's a improved player. Lonzo can't watch anymore. He has to create much more. He can do it. I'd even put McClung out there to see what he can bring. This is nothing but opportunity

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#48 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:41 am

I typed this elsewhere, but it needs to be said here:

And I kind of agree that even assuming Zach isn't out for more than a week or so, we are indeed falling from contender to pretender fast. These past 2 games were on national TV for everybody to see, and they shat the bed completely to superior teams.

Now this game I get it. The major scare likely had them completely deflated and took them out of the game. But no excuse for the Brooklyn meltdown where it was tied 71 all then allowed Brooklyn to close the quarter on a 30-8 run. The defense has been non-existent for a while now. I know they're missing some very key defensive players, but early in the year EVERYBODY was getting at it defensively. Not anymore. They also stopped taking care of the ball a long time ago.

If I'm Donovan the next few practices is all game film from pre-season and very early regular season. Where the heck is that team?? That team actually wasn't even shooting the ball that well, but they were so tough defensively it didn't matter and they were rolling teams because of it. I see none of that now.

Somewhere along the way they must have started thinking they'll just out-talent teams. They won't. Not gonna out-talent Brooklyn. Or Giannis. Or Embiid. Etc. They need to cut the crap and get back to fundamental basketball.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#49 » by aguifs » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:40 am

mental weakness...
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#50 » by Andi Obst » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:30 pm

Shoutout to Coby White. At least one guy looks like he cares right now.

The extra effort that has made this team so good and fun is just gone. Has been like that for a while, even during the winning streak. Vucevic is just downright horrendous defensively right now and the other guys aren’t making up for it. All around embarrassing effort.

Please let Zach be fine.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#51 » by FriedRise » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:47 pm

Injuries and Chicago - name a better duo.

It’s a new team learning how to play with each other again, or rather, without each other with all the damn injuries. This is not us, we’ll get better once we’re whole. Covid is one thing - you know guys will be back next week - but these 2-4 / 4-6 weekers are truly killers and mentally deflating especially with how early they’re happening at the beginning of games. And I hope it’s just that for Zach.

This team was tested by adversities before when they became the first team that was ravaged by COVID, and they responded well. Let’s see how they do now.

It’s fortunate that we’ve built a 14-game cushion over .500. That’s the last play-in spot. Just need to weather the storm until guys get back. Unfortunate that this is all happening during the worst stretch with so many games coming in a row and teams obviously giving their best shot at us, but we’ll see who will step up. Role players now get a chance to show if they can be more.

We’ll pile on the Ls and slide down the standings some, but it’s obviously not about that right now.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#52 » by FriedRise » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:12 pm

The type of practice drills the Bulls need

Read on Twitter
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,607

Post#53 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:47 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:Where do you guys get this **** from? It's an 82 game season and we're currently missing 6 players including our 2nd best player, all of our PFs, and our best-bench player/defender. It may be shocking but there's going to be tough stretches over the course of a season.

At first I laughed because it’s true. Then I laughed because we never really had any to begin with.

More like “we lost all of our guards and wings who play PF”.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:48 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:Well I see this as a opportunity for the next man to step up. Why is everyone so down. Vucevic can now officially become the magic version of himself. He'll get touches much more now. Ayo will be asked to look for his shot. Somebody will surprise. Caruso has been out a while. He has to be back soon. Coby can show us for sure if he's a improved player. Lonzo can't watch anymore. He has to create much more. He can do it. I'd even put McClung out there to see what he can bring. This is nothing but opportunity

Does this mean it’s not true?
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#55 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:50 pm

We aren't on the levels of Brooklyn or Golden State.

That much is apparently clear now.

Both of those teams healthy, or unhealthy are still superior.

We'd be lucky to get to the ECF
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:56 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:We aren't on the levels of Brooklyn or Golden State.

That much is apparently clear now.

Both of those teams healthy, or unhealthy are still superior.

We'd be lucky to get to the ECF

Presumably this was obvious even before both teams blew us out. I can’t imagine anyone objectively having the Bulls ranked higher than 3rd in the East or 5th in NBA. And with a notable gap between those tiers.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#57 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:07 pm

These comments and thread title..lol,
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#58 » by StunnerKO » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#59 » by Ice Man » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:17 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:These comments and thread title..lol,

Is your quarrel with "not contenders" or "now"?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:18 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:These comments and thread title..lol,

Yeah, you’re right. We’re top tier contenders. We should probably be favored over all.

Return to Chicago Bulls