LeBron James 2021-22 Regular Season Thread - Part ?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Re: LeBron James 2021-22 Regular Season Thread - Part ? 

Post#241 » by Baski » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:42 pm

SeniorWalker wrote:Its amusing that Lakers fans and the media are doing a tag team effort to trash Westbrook on a nightly basis but then still invent trade scenarios where he has value. "Oh you're talking about a guy that can still lead an offense and score. Why, just X number of years ago he was a great player."

Its awful to have to listen to everyday. Its not a realGM thing, I see it everywhere in the NBA world.

LeBron was very shrewd to have Westbrook on this team actually. He is the perfect lightning rod for when things go wrong.

Do you think he's playing well?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#242 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:50 pm

SeniorWalker wrote:Its amusing that Lakers fans and the media are doing a tag team effort to trash Westbrook on a nightly basis but then still invent trade scenarios where he has value. "Oh you're talking about a guy that can still lead an offense and score. Why, just X number of years ago he was a great player."

Its awful to have to listen to everyday. Its not a realGM thing, I see it everywhere in the NBA world.

LeBron was very shrewd to have Westbrook on this team actually. He is the perfect lightning rod for when things go wrong.

I think when you see everyone who isn't you as one entity then it can look hypocritical.

But often the people trashing him are different to the ones saying he has value.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
SeniorWalker
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,855
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Post#243 » by SeniorWalker » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:01 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

I think when you see everyone who isn't you as one entity then it can look hypocritical.

But often the people trashing him are different to the ones saying he has value.
When I see everyone who isn't me as one entity? I wasn't aware there's a psychiatrist on this forum.

I specified two groups. That's not everybody, they're two groups with a common view and intent. We can get even more specific if necessary... but I feel like it's not.
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,172

Post#244 » by donnieme » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:08 pm

Sounds like Skip Bayless logic. He got Westbrook to close his own title window so he could blame Westbrook for closing his own window. Truth is it was just a bad move. Very unwise but big time risktaking is also why he has 4 titles in 3 cities so you call out the bad with the good. Pelinka should have said no though, like I feel David Griffin would have.

Skip is hilarious though, says they brought Westbrook to be a scapegoat then spends the show on blooper reel+ westbrick nicknaming+I told you he always sucked. Brutal.
SeniorWalker
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,855
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Post#245 » by SeniorWalker » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 pm

Baski wrote:

I mean the point or my post was that, no he's clearly not having a good stint with LA, we all knew it, and he hasn't really been a great player for years now. He's been on 4 different teams in the last 4 years.

So why are people crapping on him AND at the same time trying conceive of trades for him, like every GM in the league can't see what we see? Its honestly funny as hell to me. Westbrook's trade value is extremely low, no one wants him. Stop it.
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,785

Post#246 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:20 am

SeniorWalker wrote:
Baski wrote:

I mean the point or my post was that, no he's clearly not having a good stint with LA, we all knew it, and he hasn't really been a great player for years now. He's been on 4 different teams in the last 4 years.

So why are people crapping on him AND at the same time trying conceive of trades for him, like every GM in the league can't see what we see? Its honestly funny as hell to me. Westbrook's trade value is extremely low, no one wants him. Stop it.

You say that (and I kind of feel the same way), but then teams keep trading for him... :lol:
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,987

Post#247 » by falcolombardi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:43 am

SeniorWalker wrote:
Baski wrote:

fans are not logical when it comes to their teams

look at sixers fans convincing themselves simmons is more valuable every day that goes by and that his trade value has not gone down since the offseason

fanbases like boston and lakers in particular are infamous for proposing lopsided trades in their favor
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#248 » by Baski » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:28 am

SeniorWalker wrote:
Baski wrote:

I do agree with that sentiment. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but then I sympathize with them as it's the only way to keep their sanity while watching him play. Although I'll say Westbrook is unique in that he keeps getting traded despite him being the same destructive player for years, so clearly there are a bunch of gullible GMs who see some value we don't. That's what fleecing is for.

My reply was mainly about the last paragraph. Do you see any alternative reality where a superstar is having a career year in what should be his retirement tour, his 44 m/year teammate is dragging the team down, and said teammate doesn't get torn to shreds from all directions?
LukaTheGOAT
Analyst
And1: 2,754

Post#249 » by LukaTheGOAT » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:09 am

Read on Twitter
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: LeBron James 2021-22 Regular Seasons Thread - Part ? 

Post#250 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:24 am

LukaTheGOAT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Even with Westbrook missing so many shots.

Their defense was bed but team was playing quite well. They would have won their games if not for some terrible scoring performances from the guards in the past couple games.

I think of Lakers could get a starting SF or PF for THT then they will be great.

I think Covington or DFS would be ideal. Jerami Grant would be good too but I'd like to see Nunn kept. Even a guy like Kleber could work as a bigger wing.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,742

Post#251 » by eminence » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:54 am

zimpy27 wrote:
LukaTheGOAT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Their defense was bed but team was playing quite well. They would have won their games if not for some terrible scoring performances from the guards in the past couple games.

I think of Lakers could get a starting SF or PF for THT then they will be great.

I think Covington or DFS would be ideal. Jerami Grant would be good too but I'd like to see Nunn kept. Even a guy like Kleber could work as a bigger wing.

Maybe they could get Covington for that price. THT a pretty bad fit with Dallas, they'd want notably more I'd expect. Not even close for Detroit.
I bought a boat.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,987

Post#252 » by falcolombardi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:00 am

lakers should look at hinrich from okc
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#253 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:59 am

eminence wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
LukaTheGOAT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Maybe they could get Covington for that price. THT a pretty bad fit with Dallas, they'd want notably more I'd expect. Not even close for Detroit.

I thought he might be a decent 1 to 3 defender for Dallas. THT, THJ, Doncic, Kleber, Porzingis
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,742

Post#254 » by eminence » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:47 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
eminence wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I thought he might be a decent 1 to 3 defender for Dallas. THT, THJ, Doncic, Kleber, Porzingis

I don't see why they'd prefer him over DFS in that role. DFS is the better defender and can actually shoot it. THT's playmaking edge doesn't seem like much of a sell.
I bought a boat.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,625

Post#255 » by Heej » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:51 pm

LukaTheGOAT wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm sure I sound like a broken record but I can't take the offensive ratings of these rat-ball gimmick lineups seriously
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
LukaTheGOAT
Analyst
And1: 2,754

Post#256 » by LukaTheGOAT » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 pm

Heej wrote:
LukaTheGOAT wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm sure I sound like a broken record but I can't take the offensive ratings of these rat-ball gimmick lineups seriously

That's fair, but I actually do believe it works against teams that are around 500 or lower. I think their offense is good enough to outscore those type of teams.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#257 » by homecourtloss » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:47 pm

Heej wrote:
LukaTheGOAT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unlikely that their offense holds up against playoff pressure or the other team scoring as well, but having a 120 ORtg over an 8 game span is not easy to do regardless. They’ve shot really well, rebounded offensively, and not turned it over (11.1 TOV/g at a 100 pace is impressive).

Westbrook during this span has 35/17/68 shooting splits but everyone else has shot well. LeBron is at 54/41/77 shooting splits taking 23 FGs per game and 7.3 FTs per game. I’m pretty sure that that’s not sustainable.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#258 » by MisterHibachi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Heej wrote:
LukaTheGOAT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Long term, these lineups are only going to play against bench lineups. Proof of concept is there, and LeBron at the 5 is good enough against bench lineups when AD is off the floor.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#259 » by homecourtloss » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm

What’s funny about the “Bubble ring,” “Mickey mouse title,” “not a real run,” crowd (a group this is 99%+ anti LeBron) is the narrative they' (or the fawning media) would have if Jordan or even Kobe won a title in a bubble.

Here’s how Jordan would be seen in such a scenario:

“Back in 1993 the world was in the midst of a pandemic. COVID-19 had ravaged the world but the players and the NBA wanted to play. And play they did after a hiatus. The conditions were different from any we have ever seen as all distractions and crowd influence on players or referees was gone. There was no travel. There wasn’t anything. Just pure basketball on a neutral court to determine who was the best team.

And the best player. And once again, Michael Jordan stood out on top amongst his peers. When there is no crowd noise and no travel, the skill level of the players is even more important and the GOAT dominated, blocking out what was happening around the world, solely concentrating on his obsession which was to win and kill his opponents. While lesser players might have missed home or worried about the health of family members, Jordan pathological desire to compete despite circumstances and win shone through yet again. While other players may have been bored or wanted out of the bubble, Jordan wanted to kill his opponents in his ruthless desire to compete. The opponents didn’t stand a chance.

The Bulls held 30 point leads in 4 different games and twice in the Finals. They held leads of 27+ 6 different times and at least once against every team they played. And of course, when there is nothing but pure basketball to consider, who is going to player better than Jordan, the ultimate competitor and skilled player? Jordan averaged 27.6 ppg., 10.8 rpg., and 8.8 apg., while shooting a remarkable 56% from the field. And because he’s Michael Jordan, he was even BETTER in the finals, scoring 29.8 points per game on 59% shooting and 42% from the three.

The bubble may never happen again. There might never be a chance to see who’s better in a pure basketball setting again. But we do know it happened once, and like always, the GOAT rose up above his peers.”
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,625

Post#260 » by Heej » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:31 pm

^Man I forgot how good Bron was in those Finals. Sheesh
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord

Return to Player Comparisons