RealGM
And1: 7,874

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLII 

Post#1061 » by payitforward » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:04 pm

doclinkin wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can't put into words how much that clown mayo annoys the ever loving **** out of me.

Yep. A secondary benefit of any Beal trade would be that we jettison Mayo as a throw-in to the deal.

Wow! I hadn't thought of that! What a terrific incentive.

But... would any team trade for Beal? I mean knowing that Quintin Mayo comes along with him?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1062 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:09 pm

payitforward wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I can't put into words how much that clown mayo annoys the ever loving **** out of me.

Yep. A secondary benefit of any Beal trade would be that we jettison Mayo as a throw-in to the deal.

But... would any team trade for Beal? I mean knowing that Quintin Mayo comes along with him?

They'd just say "hold the Mayo."
In Rizzo we trust
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1063 » by payitforward » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:20 pm

LOL !!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#1064 » by WallToWall » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:55 pm

Trade Mayo for a pile of moon rocks.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1065 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:03 pm

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mayooj01.html Hold the Ovinton J'Anthony. Parents can be cruel.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#1066 » by deneem4 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:21 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I absolutely hate the idea of trading Kispert , deni or Rui TBH. Kispert has by the numbers bee one if the better rookies this year. Deni has advanced so much you wanna Ben Simmons but people are willing to trade deni a similar type of player for grant of all people .... And Rui I'm still not giving up on tbh, Unless it's specifically bertans and Rui for grant no picks or anything. I know some may say that's stupid but that's what I'd hold firm at and let them trade him else where if they want.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

Im with you on this, we have up on matthews who has become a solid rotation player for the rockets and was actually really good with us.
We actually have young talent for once and it seems everyone wants to trade them away to get picks, we haven’t even played with the full team together yet.
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
jangles86
Starter
And1: 939

Post#1067 » by jangles86 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:07 pm

Trading Deni, Rui or Kispert right now is just stupid.

They’ve been our last 3 lottery picks and you don’t just trade them for peanuts.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,347

Post#1068 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 pm

jangles86 wrote:Trading Deni, Rui or Kispert right now is just stupid.

They’ve been our last 3 lottery picks and you don’t just trade them for peanuts.

I'm not particularly worried about Sheppard doing this - particularly with Deni or Kispert.

There is a remote possibility that Rui could be moved since there is a log jam at the position and Rui only has 1 more year on his cheap rookie deal anyhow. He'll have no trade value next year unless he makes a big jump in production. Also, management is in best position to assess Rui's mental state and make a reasonable prediction of how much he will improve going forward. If the guy hates basketball, trade him.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1069 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 pm

jangles86 wrote:Trading Deni, Rui or Kispert right now is just stupid.

Yeah, I'd definitely hold out for cashews.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,347

Post#1070 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:15 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
payitforward wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Yep. A secondary benefit of any Beal trade would be that we jettison Mayo as a throw-in to the deal.

They'd just say "hold the Mayo."

payitforward
RealGM

Post#1071 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:06 am

Ruzious wrote:https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mayooj01.html Hold the Ovinton J'Anthony. Parents can be cruel.

O.J. Mayo -- !! -- one of the all-time great busts. The #3 pick in 2008.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1072 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:09 am

payitforward wrote:
Ruzious wrote:https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mayooj01.html Hold the Ovinton J'Anthony. Parents can be cruel.

O.J. Mayo -- !! -- one of the all-time great busts. The #3 pick in 2008.

At your service. My friends call me Ovinton J'Anthony, so you can call me OJ.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1073 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:50 am

Mayo wasn't great or anything, but he wasn't absolutely horrible. He was an NBA-level player. His problems were all personal. He came up in very tough circumstances, & he had a continuing drug problem while in the league. Seemed to court trouble. Not to know how to avoid courting trouble.

He was banned from the NBA in 2016. He went on to play in Europe & then in China. He's 34 now & playing in Russia. You have to hope he's gotten his life together.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1074 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:12 am

This made me think of Stanley Roberts, who was also banned from the NBA.

https://amp.thestate.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article256686147.html

Seems like he is doing as well as can be expected because he played five more years abroad after his NBA career, and he is now 51 years old.
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1075 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:23 am

I'm kind of with pif here. Like I love Rui and think he's great but with deni and Kispert playing so well, and the emergency of Kuz. I can see us trading Rui, maybe to get a guy like grant or using him to swap out bertans for a shorter contract. Honestly with grant injury he might come at a discount. Rui, bertans and a couple of far off seconds might just get it done and I honestly wouldn't be too upset about it. Maybe bertans and Rui to Orlando for a second or two and Gary Harris or Ross. Rui and bertans to NO for sato makes sense, maybe get a second back on that exchange.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1076 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:11 am

If they're intent to max out Beal then Satoransky makes a ton of sense.

(I would love to see Vesely come back to the NBA and team with Deni Advija. The two veteran Czech players know the game and I believe would be worth their relatively cheap NBA salaries.)
Bye bye Beal.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Post#1077 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:23 am

Sac looking to move Barnes who's going to be a FA after this season. What about something like Bertans & Todd for Barnes?

Why for Sac? Replace the departing Barnes with Bertans whos locked up for a couple years. Add a upside prospect in Todd to their rebuild.

Why for Wizards? Move off Bertans contract, improved roster balance.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7515008

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265444/Rising-Belief-Kings-Will-Trade-Harrison-Barnes-By-Deadline
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#1078 » by TGW » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:47 pm

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Sac looking to move Barnes who's going to be a FA after this season. What about something like Bertans & Todd for Barnes?

Why for Sac? Replace the departing Barnes with Bertans whos locked up for a couple years. Add a upside prospect in Todd to their rebuild.

Why for Wizards? Move off Bertans contract, improved roster balance.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7515008

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265444/Rising-Belief-Kings-Will-Trade-Harrison-Barnes-By-Deadline

The Kings GM would get fired immediately if he made a trade like that. Completely nonsensical for them.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1079 » by keynote » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:15 pm

It's highly unlikely that we trade Rui now, given his uncertain trade value. I'm glad to see the organization supporting him, and it's important to destigmatize mental health issues. But how would another GM evaluate his stability -- and availability? I assume they can't demand a psych eval be included along with the pre-trade medical examination. Could you imagine Troy Weaver pulling a Bol Bol and voiding a trade for Rui after talking to his therapist?

I'd also note that he hasn't exactly returned to the court like a bat out of hell. He's looked...okay. Slightly rusty. Certainly no evidence of a leap -- yet.

So, I assume that teams would want him at a discount to account for the unknowable risks re: his mental state.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1080 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:39 pm

There's no way we are trading Rui this year... unless some kind of unexpected & weirdly high offer comes along. Which won't happen.

Anyway, there's no reason to trade him: let's see whether/how he develops.

Return to Washington Wizards