ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Official COVID/Omicron Variant+ thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jethrobodine123
Junior
And1: 464

Re: OT: The Official COVID/Omicron Variant+ thread 

Post#1561 » by Jethrobodine123 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

“Seditious Conspiracy”

You know where this is heading

Hopefully, to a location south of the Mason-Dixon line, overlooking the ocean.

J
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1562 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:06 am

Jethrobodine123 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jethrobodine123 wrote:https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/new-data-shows-omicron-was-in-nova-scotia-wastewater-in-november-1.6303962

New data shows Omicron was in Nova Scotia wastewater in November

A research team at Dalhousie University started detecting Omicron in Nova Scotia wastewater weeks before the COVID-19 variant was officially confirmed in the province.

The virus survives longer in the gastrointestinal tract than in the respiratory tract, the university said last year, which means genetic material can be found in human wastewater even though COVID-19 is a respiratory illness.

J

So we need to test our own feces?

Did you see Sinema’s floor speech on the filibuster? I read that she was a mess.

What's the deal with her and Manchin? Has anybody figured them out. Quite a few theories as to why they're not playing ball and none of them good. Just friggin amazing how a couple of individuals can get in the way of so much good for the nation. Unconscionable really.

J

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#1563 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:25 am

Jethrobodine123 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jethrobodine123 wrote:https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/new-data-shows-omicron-was-in-nova-scotia-wastewater-in-november-1.6303962

New data shows Omicron was in Nova Scotia wastewater in November

A research team at Dalhousie University started detecting Omicron in Nova Scotia wastewater weeks before the COVID-19 variant was officially confirmed in the province.

The virus survives longer in the gastrointestinal tract than in the respiratory tract, the university said last year, which means genetic material can be found in human wastewater even though COVID-19 is a respiratory illness.

J

Did you see Sinema’s floor speech on the filibuster? I read that she was a mess.

What's the deal with her and Manchin? Has anybody figured them out. Quite a few theories as to why they're not playing ball and none of them good. Just friggin amazing how a couple of individuals can get in the way of so much good for the nation. Unconscionable really.

J

They are two completely different creatures. She’s just a contrary kunt who found out how to line her pockets by cavorting with the opposition. He’s in the most divided state possible and he has always had to throw some red meat to the conservatives in the middle to keep his seat. Yes, he milked his moment and it does make him unlikeable, but his political origins are very different. She’s really a POS who has gone against her constituency.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1564 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:33 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Jethrobodine123 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

J

They are two completely different creatures. She’s just a contrary kunt who found out how to line her pockets by cavorting with the opposition. He’s in the most divided state possible and he has always had to throw some red meat to the conservatives in the middle to keep his seat. Yes, he milked his moment and it does make him unlikeable, but his political origins are very different. She’s really a POS who has gone against her constituency.

A great majority in his state are in favor of the BBB bill. Moreover, Manchin has now lost the West Virginia coal miners who support BBB. It’s all about his investment and ownership in the WV coal industry … which is why Biden can go after him by Executive Orders!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/us/politics/manchin-coal-miners.html
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1565 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Jethrobodine123 wrote:

J

A great majority in his state are in favor of the BBB bill. Moreover, Manchin has now lost the West Virginia coal miners who support BBB. It’s all about his investment and ownership in the WV coal industry … which is why Biden can go after him by Executive Orders!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/us/politics/manchin-coal-miners.html

Manchin is definitely a sleaze who goes for the buck, except he shot himself in the foot this time. I think most industrial areas should want the bill to pass. It’s for them and a lot of them finally figured out that the Dems are the ones who want to invest in their future. Manchin really shat the bed. Coal miners don’t love mining coal

As far as how to proceed, I think Biden is moving through the checklist and some of it is political theater, but they’ll move on to the more aggressive measures soon. Stay frosty, it’s coming
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1566 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:59 am

Breaking news

Senate to have a vote on voting rights on Tuesday. They're going to make Manchin and Sinema vote on it publicly and to explain their votes to the American people. I saw Sinema's speech from earlier today. She's not holding up very well. Her body was a-shaking, her voice was a-quivering, and her eyes was a-tearin'. :lol: Her life is going to made miserable ... and I love it!
POSTING POLICIES:
Jethrobodine123
Junior

Post#1567 » by Jethrobodine123 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:14 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Breaking news

Senate to have a vote on voting rights on Tuesday. They're going to make Manchin and Sinema vote on it publicly and to explain their votes to the American people. I saw Sinema's speech from earlier today. She's not holding up very well. Her body was a-shaking, her voice was a-quivering, and her eyes was a-tearin'. :lol: Her life is going to made miserable ... and I love it!

It's just amazing to hear Sinema's and Manchin's excuses about why they won't support changing the filibuster. It's obvious they've been bought and paid for by dark money, by the corporate world, they're selling out democracy, literally, to the highest bidder. To make it worse they're trolling the President and their own party now, that Sinema made her little speech while the President was on his way to the hill to speak to Senate Democrats is beyond the pale. Also, Sinema is saying that one of the reasons she can't support the bill is that the Republicans aren't a part of it, they aren't a part of it because they are the ones that want to stop people from voting so that they can win elections and gain power. It's like she's saying they need to get the wolf to agree they should shut the chicken coop door, if they don't, the door stays open.

J
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1568 » by E-Balla » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

We're getting a Republican super majority at this rate.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1569 » by E-Balla » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:54 pm

Democrats in the White House watch too much internet discord from their fanboys/girls/bots. No one wants them trying to dunk on legitimate concerns like this.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1570 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:50 pm

Jethrobodine123 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Breaking news

It's just amazing to hear Sinema's and Manchin's excuses about why they won't support changing the filibuster. It's obvious they've been bought and paid for by dark money, by the corporate world, they're selling out democracy, literally, to the highest bidder. To make it worse they're trolling the President and their own party now, that Sinema made her little speech while the President was on his way to the hill to speak to Senate Democrats is beyond the pale. Also, Sinema is saying that one of the reasons she can't support the bill is that the Republicans aren't a part of it, they aren't a part of it because they are the ones that want to stop people from voting so that they can win elections and gain power. It's like she's saying they need to get the wolf to agree they should shut the chicken coop door, if they don't, the door stays open.

J

Yeah, there’s no other explanation. I don’t like that Biden is just letting her (and Manchin) get away with this without going after them. Biden shares a lot of the blame though.

He began his presidency with all this talk about bipartisanship and how he knew these people from his 30 years in the Senate and he - only he! - could narrow the chasm of political ideologies of Republicans and Democrats. Not only can’t get one Republican vote, he (and Schumer) can’t even keep their own party together. I’m feeling a little hoodwinked.
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1571 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:54 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is nuts.

I’m beginning to think that we are actually IN the movie “Do Look Up!”.
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1572 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:36 pm

How crazy is the U.S. Supreme Court now? First, the decision to uphold the fascist Texas ban on abortion law. Now, rejecting as unconstitutional Biden's test/vax protocols for businesses with over 100 employees. The Court's reasoning is sketchy and hypocritical.

Really, this is part of the conservative agenda, i.e. to destroy the administrative state which in this case are the applicable OSHA regulations for workplace safety. Say goodbye to OSHA, the FDA, the SEC, the EPA and any other administrative agencies designed to protect us.

Sad times my friends.
POSTING POLICIES:
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1573 » by E-Balla » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:29 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is nuts.

They legit don't see the meteor coming which is the midterm elections. Or they see it and they don't care because they won't ever be affected by this **** we care about. Especially Dems in red and purple states we're basically just out here.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1574 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:26 am

E-Balla wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is nuts.

They legit don't see the meteor coming which is the midterm elections. Or they see it and they don't care because they won't ever be affected by this **** we care about. Especially Dems in red and purple states we're basically just out here.

We’re actually doing well with the two Senators from Georgia. Ossof just introduced a bill to prevent congresspersons and their staffs and their spouses from trading stick and having to put their portfolios in a blind trust. And Warnock is a progressive. That’s why Biden should’ve gone to West Virginia and Arizona and brought the heavy artillery. But no, he goes to Atlanta where he got snubbed by Stacy Abrams and her voting rights coalition who were responsible for getting Biden those two Democratic Senators. What was he thinking? It was the pink elephant in the room.
POSTING POLICIES:
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1575 » by E-Balla » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:32 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
This is nuts.

We’re actually doing well with the two Senators from Georgia. Ossof just introduced a bill to prevent congresspersons and their staffs and their spouses from trading stick and having to put their portfolios in a blind trust. And Warnock is a progressive. That’s why Biden should’ve gone to West Virginia and Arizona and brought the heavy artillery. But no, he goes to Atlanta where he got snubbed by Stacy Abrams and her voting rights coalition who were responsible for getting Biden those two Democratic Senators. What was he thinking? It was the pink elephant in the room.

He also got snubbed by Black Voters Matter. Like we don't wanna hear talk, it took me 4 hours to vote where's the legislation.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1576 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 am

E-Balla wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
E-Balla wrote:They legit don't see the meteor coming which is the midterm elections. Or they see it and they don't care because they won't ever be affected by this **** we care about. Especially Dems in red and purple states we're basically just out here.

He also got snubbed by Black Voters Matter. Like we don't wanna hear talk, it took me 4 hours to vote where's the legislation.

I hear the vote on both voting rights bills will be on Tuesday, the day after MLK’s birthday holiday. I hope that they make it so that Manchin and Sinema are the last two to vote so that every other Democratic Senator calls them out by name first. Really bring as much heat on them as possible. Have Coretta Scott King give a voting rights speech on the Senate floor before they vote.
POSTING POLICIES:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,054

Post#1577 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:54 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Just saying … 8-) what’s that saying about “An ounce of prevention …”?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2022/01/11/study-finds-cannabis-compounds-prevent-infection-by-covid-19-virus/amp/

I read a similar article in 2020 that said something similar. That it blocked the viral receptors by like 70% or something like that. I smoke daily. Not a lot but...I pack a couple of bowls a day. I smoked a joint with my friend last Monday. The next day he calls me...sick... tested positive. I was in panic mode because my mother just had a heart attack that day. I waited 3 days and tested negative.

We were hanging out for a couple of hours shooting darts and then we smoked. I didn't get sick. He must have already been sick. Just crazy how that happens.

This article and the one I read may be on to something.

Puff puff pass bytches!

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she’s on the mend.

Thank you. She's doing well. We caught it just in the nick of time. Only slight damage and no stroke. Now she's in a pile of meds and has to change her diet. Try telling a 69 year old what to eat and when to take her pills! :lol: She's worse than I was as a kid! :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1578 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:19 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
I read a similar article in 2020 that said something similar. That it blocked the viral receptors by like 70% or something like that. I smoke daily. Not a lot but...I pack a couple of bowls a day. I smoked a joint with my friend last Monday. The next day he calls me...sick... tested positive. I was in panic mode because my mother just had a heart attack that day. I waited 3 days and tested negative.

We were hanging out for a couple of hours shooting darts and then we smoked. I didn't get sick. He must have already been sick. Just crazy how that happens.

This article and the one I read may be on to something.

Puff puff pass bytches!

Thank you. She's doing well. We caught it just in the nick of time. Only slight damage and no stroke. Now she's in a pile of meds and has to change her diet. Try telling a 69 year old what to eat and when to take her pills! :lol: She's worse than I was as a kid! :lol:

What’s her background?

I ask because you can find comfort food that is healthy in most cuisines.
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,054

Post#1579 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:34 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What’s her background?

Her background? Huh? I'm confused. She's from stubborn stock. :lol:

I recommended the Mediterranean diet. Seems to be a big deal for heart healthy diets.
:beer: RIP mags
Jethrobodine123
Junior

Post#1580 » by Jethrobodine123 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:55 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

What’s her background?

Her background? Huh? I'm confused. She's from stubborn stock. :lol:

I recommended the Mediterranean diet. Seems to be a big deal for heart healthy diets.

I'm sure your mother will be fine, no doubt going the Mediterranean diet route would be good for her. Hell, we all would do better going that route, I'd be the first. :D

My brother in law and I have a jovial back and forth about getting the Omicron virus. His thinking is just get it and be over with it. I am of the thinking that we don't know the long term effects enough yet, better to try to avoid it. Also, the hospitals are filling up right now so we shouldn't risk being sick and having to give them more business than they need.

J

Return to New York Knicks