ImageImageImage

Best Developmental Prospect on the Roster

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Which one of our developmental players has the brightest future?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:37 pm

Max Strus
19%
Ömer Yurtseven
65%
Gabe Vincent
No votes
Caleb Martin
12%
KZ Okpala
4%

Total votes: 26

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,755

Re: Best Developmental Prospect on the Roster 

Post#21 » by greg4012 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:44 pm

Wild card for this category: Victor Oladipo
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#22 » by BBallFreak » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:09 pm

greg4012 wrote:Wild card for this category: Victor Oladipo

He's not developmental. He's injury recovery.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,755

Post#23 » by greg4012 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:41 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
greg4012 wrote:Wild card for this category: Victor Oladipo

He's not developmental. He's injury recovery.

It was tongue in cheek.

But I'm definitely fascinated to see how this version of Oladipo looks and progresses
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,535

Post#24 » by AirP. » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:08 pm

I like Yurtseven but the situation with Miami is making him look better then he is, a legit sized center on a small ball team. Dedmon is also reaping the benefits of being a legit sized center for Miami at age 32 putting up PER36s of 13.5 pts and 12.7 rebs on his older legs while Yurtseven is putting up 13.6 pts and 15.5 rebs on his young legs. I think a center like Alex Len who is getting paid around 4 mil a year could have basically the same impact but with that said, Yurtseven looks good enough to be Bam's backup after this year so Miami doesn't have to bring back Dedmon.

With that said, there's a lot of strengths a legit sized center brings over Bam but only a few players in the league that have a chance defending the scoring bigger players in the NBA like Giannis, Embiid and Jokic, and Bam is one of them.

I believe Precious was drafted to only backup Bam, keep that same type of center on the court to better build the team around that type of center but with Dedmon's production at age 31 and coming off injuries they saw that a small-ball center wasn't needed all game and could just go with cheaper legit sized centers and Yurtseven may have hit the Duncan Robinson jackpot being the right roleplayer for the right team.

I don't expect Bam to move to PF, especially with another non shooter in Butler already starting but after this season I could see Bam's minutes drop some with a younger legit sized center backing him up.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,967

Post#25 » by carnageta » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:07 am

AirP. wrote:I like Yurtseven but the situation with Miami is making him look better then he is, a legit sized center on a small ball team. Dedmon is also reaping the benefits of being a legit sized center for Miami at age 32 putting up PER36s of 13.5 pts and 12.7 rebs on his older legs while Yurtseven is putting up 13.6 pts and 15.5 rebs on his young legs. I think a center like Alex Len who is getting paid around 4 mil a year could have basically the same impact but with that said, Yurtseven looks good enough to be Bam's backup after this year so Miami doesn't have to bring back Dedmon.

With that said, there's a lot of strengths a legit sized center brings over Bam but only a few players in the league that have a chance defending the scoring bigger players in the NBA like Giannis, Embiid and Jokic, and Bam is one of them.

I believe Precious was drafted to only backup Bam, keep that same type of center on the court to better build the team around that type of center but with Dedmon's production at age 31 and coming off injuries they saw that a small-ball center wasn't needed all game and could just go with cheaper legit sized centers and Yurtseven may have hit the Duncan Robinson jackpot being the right roleplayer for the right team.

I don't expect Bam to move to PF, especially with another non shooter in Butler already starting but after this season I could see Bam's minutes drop some with a younger legit sized center backing him up.

I really hope that last part of the your statement doesn't end up being true.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#26 » by QUIZ » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:17 am

Wiltside wrote:
QUIZ wrote:I’m surprised so many people voted for Yurt. I like Yurt but we live in a league where even DPOY Rudy Gobert gets run off the floor come playoff time. No matter how much he develops I have trouble seeing him having the foot speed to keep up.

I vote for Strus, I think the shooting is real and he is super dynamic with the ball. I think he has the ideal skill set the league is looking for right now.

I question Gabe’s offensive upside but I think his defense will make him stick in the league as a backup pg for a long time.

The flip side with Rudy is that he is super limited offensively. He has no range and really, outside of dunks, offers very little. The hope is that Yurt has a greater offensive skillset. Still, we won’t be relying on Yurt much at this point - more a future hope that he comes a face up problem and 3pt stretch big, along with the soft touch inside/dunks.

The flip side to that though Wilt is that Gobert is like the best defensive player in the league haha
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,126

Post#27 » by dolphinatik » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:31 pm

most talent prob strus. Who im stoked to watch Caleb Martin. Yurt on the other hand fits a need for us. Whiteside on this team seemed more impactfull but the rest of the team was horrible and overall it failed. Yurt was on ym second round or sign if undrafted list and we lucked into getting him after missing him in the draft and early post draft free agency. He can and was doing more at Georgetown and he also was way heavier. With his new body type we really havnt uilized his shooting ability which is what makes him so damn special in the first place. He has the ability to be a star big if we let him shoot otherwise he will be just a fringe player. letting Yurt shoot and pull bigs out and play with Bam will open things up for Bam to dominate the paint but time will tell what Spobot will do with that.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,649

Post#28 » by benhillboy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:41 pm

I had no idea Yurt went to Georgetown but it makes sense seeing how ruggedly he hits the glass. Times sure have changed when Turks are playing C there, I’m getting old bruh.
benhillboy
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by benhillboy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:46 pm

dolphinatik wrote:most talent prob strus. Who im stoked to watch Caleb Martin. Yurt on the other hand fits a need for us. Whiteside on this team seemed more impactfull but the rest of the team was horrible and overall it failed. Yurt was on ym second round or sign if undrafted list and we lucked into getting him after missing him in the draft and early post draft free agency. He can and was doing more at Georgetown and he also was way heavier. With his new body type we really havnt uilized his shooting ability which is what makes him so damn special in the first place. He has the ability to be a star big if we let him shoot otherwise he will be just a fringe player. letting Yurt shoot and pull bigs out and play with Bam will open things up for Bam to dominate the paint but time will tell what Spobot will do with that.

Spobot lol. I’m new here, just curious as to why you call him that. I’ve always loved the guy from afar but want to see what lifelong Heat fans think of his day to day actions beyond the haze of “The Culture.” I’m guessing you take issue with his rotations?
benhillboy
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by benhillboy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:50 pm

Strus is currently posting a higher eFG than Steph Curry ever has so yeah.
Bhut Jolokia
Pro Prospect
And1: 828

Post#31 » by Bhut Jolokia » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:06 pm

benhillboy wrote:Strus is currently posting a higher eFG than Steph Curry ever has so yeah.

And Strus is shooting the exact same whether he plays at home or on the road so far (not very common). Last year he was much better at home, so we will see if he can keep it up. This is how his eFG% compares to others:

Max Strus

2021-22 (277 FGA at .619)
.619 at home
.619 on road

2020-21 (188 FGA at .588)
.632 home
.558 road

---
Tyler Herro

2021-22 (659 FGA at .503)
.552 home
.473 road