RealGM
And1: 8,717

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1161 » by the_process » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:51 pm

Stanford wrote:
the_process wrote:
Stanford wrote:
We'd be giving the first

Then the trade is a no go. Sacto has to add or the value just isn’t enough.

I think the value is that they're taking Tobias Harris

I totally read right over Harris going out. Of all the things for me to miss. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that certainly adds significant value. You are likely right in that the Sixers would have to add a 1st. And it is still probably something you do.

They could have about 32M in cap space after that deal by my rough math if they move off Hield and Seth and waive Green in the summer.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#1162 » by VDT » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:57 pm

the_process wrote:
VDT wrote:I seriously doubt Morey is going to target young, inexperienced guys like Haliburton. The Sixers have to win now.

If they’re growing with Maxey and winning with Embiid… you need pieces that can do both. Haliburton is a double check. He is not the flashy scorer. He might not be that big of a difference maker. But he can be an elite complimentary player, like Ben. And with the 1st you get in addition, you can go shopping for the scoring wing you need in the summer.

It bears repeating that it is not about this season. If it was, Simmons would’ve been already dealt months ago. There are multiple issues that need to be addressed before this team is a true contender. Haliburton is a first step, not the last one.

Maxey is just a piece and not a major one. If he is 2nd / 3rd best player you are not going anywhere. And no, you either grow or you are winning, trying to do both with the assets that the Sixers currently possess is going to fail. Like the Celtics failed to do either, while trying to do both. Morey is not looking for a piece or a complimentary player, he is looking for a star to actually help the team in the playoffs. Getting players that will enter their prime in 3-4 years makes no sense for the Sixers.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1163 » by the_process » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:04 am

VDT wrote:
the_process wrote:
VDT wrote:I seriously doubt Morey is going to target young, inexperienced guys like Haliburton. The Sixers have to win now.

If they’re growing with Maxey and winning with Embiid… you need pieces that can do both. Haliburton is a double check. He is not the flashy scorer. He might not be that big of a difference maker. But he can be an elite complimentary player, like Ben. And with the 1st you get in addition, you can go shopping for the scoring wing you need in the summer.

It bears repeating that it is not about this season. If it was, Simmons would’ve been already dealt months ago. There are multiple issues that need to be addressed before this team is a true contender. Haliburton is a first step, not the last one.

Maxey is just a piece and not a major one. If he is 2nd / 3rd best player you are not going anywhere. And no, you either grow or you are winning, trying to do both with the assets that the Sixers currently possess is going to fail. Like the Celtics failed to do either, while trying to do both. Morey is not looking for a piece or a complimentary player, he is looking for a star to actually help the team in the playoffs. Getting players that will enter their prime in 3-4 years makes no sense for the Sixers.

Let’s say Simmons comes back right now, forgets all his stupidity, team forgives him, and he steps back in like he never left. Are the Sixers a contender? I think we need to start with that.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#1164 » by VDT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:36 am

the_process wrote:
VDT wrote:
the_process wrote:

Let’s say Simmons comes back right now, forgets all his stupidity, team forgives him, and he steps back in like he never left. Are the Sixers a contender? I think we need to start with that.

How is this related? They might have a chance if they get lucky but i dont really trust them.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1165 » by the_process » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:48 am

VDT wrote:
the_process wrote:
VDT wrote:

How is this related? They might have a chance if they get lucky but i dont really trust them.

Simmons is not likely to be the piece that brings you back the wing scorer you need. It's going to be the return for Ben, plus additional assets, that does that.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1166 » by Foshan » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:29 am

the_process wrote:
VDT wrote:
the_process wrote:

As mind-boggling crazy as that situation sounds, i think the answer is yes. With the growth of Maxey / Curry&Embiid pairing, assuming D.Green stays healthy, and what Ben can bring to the game, yeah, I think we're a top 2 team.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#1167 » by Rastas » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:48 am

Foshan wrote:
the_process wrote:
VDT wrote:

As mind-boggling crazy as that situation sounds, i think the answer is yes. With the growth of Maxey / Curry&Embiid pairing, assuming D.Green stays healthy, and what Ben can bring to the game, yeah, I think we're a top 2 team.

You will be in the conversation -
I think that makes them fav's over anyone in the West , but there's at least 4 East Teams - Bucks / Nets / Bulls / Heat that are 50/50 propositions in trying to get there.
Injury's will probably dictate the winners.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1168 » by the_process » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:01 pm

Rastas wrote:
Foshan wrote:
the_process wrote:

You will be in the conversation -
I think that makes them fav's over anyone in the West , but there's at least 4 East Teams - Bucks / Nets / Bulls / Heat that are 50/50 propositions in trying to get there.
Injury's will probably dictate the winners.

And this is where we will disagree. They are not a contender even with Ben.

They put themselves in the best possible position last year, and came up way short.

We know what this roster is plus Ben. Second round out. So now you need to re-construct the roster to raise your ceiling.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#1169 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:38 am

Sixers:
DeAaron Fox
John Collins
Harrison Barnes
Justin Holiday

Kings:
Donatas Sabonis
$30M expiring (lamb, Wright and Warren contract)
- they got their CWebb and gave the keys to Hali

Pacers:
Ben Simmons
- they sound thirsty for Ben

Hawks:
Tobias Harris
Sixers 2022 1st round pick
- For the Hawks, there’s little difference between Tobi in Collins for oncourt performance. While Tobi has 2 years shorter contract than Collins and they’re compensated with a first rounder from the Sixers

Sixers:
- Got someone who can create on offense (fox), wing defense (justin holiday) a PF who can shoot and go up against big PFs like Siakam and Giannis (Collins)

DeAaron Fox
Seth Curry (41% 3pt shooter)
Harrison Barnes (42% 3pt shooter)
John Collins (42% 3pt shooter)
Joel Embiid

Bench:
Tyrese Maxey
Danny Green
Thybulle
Justin Holiday
Niang
Andre Drummond
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1170 » by Tomjas » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:08 am

Danny Green for Maxi Kleber

Maxi brings size, defence and reasonable 3 point shooting

Luka desperately needs 3 point shooting
the_process
RealGM

Post#1171 » by the_process » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:25 pm

Tomjas wrote:Danny Green for Maxi Kleber

Ummm... Kleber is a good shooter actually. And a pretty decent defender. He would go well here, but the “Luka needs shooting”argument is a bad one to make.

Most Dallas fans like Harris and Green for Kleber and Hardaway. That should be something that appeals to Cuban because it raises their talent level, and doesn't put them in the tax.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1172 » by Foshan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:15 am

the_process wrote:

Ummm... Kleber is a good shooter actually. And a pretty decent defender. He would go well here, but the shooting argument is a bad one to make.

Most Dallas fans like Harris and Green for Kleber and Hardaway. That should be something that appeals to Cuban because it raises their talent level, and doesn't put them in the tax.

what would be the benefit of moving green, if Harris for Kleber/Hardaway works money wise? Not sure Dal would want the money but wouldn't we want green in the playoffs?

I think Dallas is a great option for Harris, and would happily make that move and sit on simmons if we don't like what we see. More 3 point shooting and some rebounding would go a long way.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1173 » by the_process » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:51 pm

Foshan wrote:
the_process wrote:

Ummm... Kleber is a good shooter actually. And a pretty decent defender. He would go well here, but the “Luka needs shooting” argument is a bad one to make.

what would be the benefit of moving green, if Harris for Kleber/Hardaway works money wise? Not sure Dal would want the money but wouldn't we want green in the playoffs?

I think Dallas is a great option for Harris, and would happily make that move and sit on simmons if we don't like what we see. More 3 point shooting and some rebounding would go a long way.

Without Green, it seems like more people have the value of Harris at Hardaway + Powell. I would rather send out Green, who is 90% washed anyway, and get Kleber back instead of Powell.

If Simmons won’t come back, just use Furkan and Matisse at the 3 for the rest of the year.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1174 » by sixers4real » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:01 am

4-team trade

Atlanta out: John Collins
Atlanta in: Harrison Barnes, Sixers unprotected FRP 2023, Isaiah Joe

Sacramento out: De’Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes
Sacramento in: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris

Philadelphia out: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, unprotected 2023 FRP, unprotected 2027 FRP, Isaiah Joe, Paul Reed
Philadelphia in: Brandon Ingram, John Collins, Buddy Hield

New Orleans out: Brandon Ingram
New Orleans in: De’Aaron Fox, unprotected Sixers 2027 pick, Paul Reed

Sixers:
Embiid / Drummond / Bassey
Collins / Niang
Ingram / Thybulle / Korkmaz
Curry / Hield
Maxey / Milton

That’s young, athletic contender for years. All players compliment each other.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,885

Post#1175 » by mjkvol » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:59 pm

the_process wrote:Simmons is not likely to be the piece that brings you back the wing scorer you need. It's going to be the return for Ben, plus additional assets, that does that.

This really is something we need to keep in mind. The chance of a Simmons deal alone being the deal that gets the Sixers what they need to seriously compete is very slim. It's going to be using the additional assets from that trade, or even the centerpiece if he is a more valuable trade chip than Simmons, combined with other assets to get the optimum player.

Which is one primary reason I very much want to steer clear of guys like Lillard or Beal, who will require a king's ransom and everything hinges on that trade working. I want younger talent (Haliburton, Ingram, SGA, even Fox or Murray) where additional moves can be made to further improve.

The only possible exception might be Harden. The thought of an Embiid/Harden pairing is incredibly intriguing.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,885

Post#1176 » by mjkvol » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:06 pm

sixers4real wrote:4-team trade

Philadelphia out: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, unprotected 2023 FRP, unprotected 2027 FRP, Isaiah Joe, Paul Reed

Sixers:
Collins / Niang
Curry / Hield
Maxey / Milton

That certainly fits in a Fantasy Trade thread, but I like it. A lot.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
the_process
RealGM

Post#1177 » by the_process » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:38 pm

sixers4real wrote:4-team trade

Sixers:
Collins / Niang
Curry / Hield
Maxey / Milton

I think NOP will need more. Also, on an Embiid-led team, I’d rather have Barnes than Collins. Collins can shoot, but it’s on very low attempts. Barnes you can stick in the corner and tell him to jack 8-10 threes and he’s fine. Also costs a lot less, as I will bet ATL is asking a ton for Collins.

NOP gets Thybulle, Fox, 2022 PHI 1st, and 2025 SAC 1st
PHI gets Ingram, Barnes, and Hield
SAC gets Simmons and Harris

Maxey/Milton/Springer
Hield/Curry/Joe
Ingram/Green/Korkmaz
Barnes/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1178 » by PhillyFan11 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:18 am

What are thoughts on Paul George if all else fails? I don’t hate it if it’s a deal that involves both Ben and Tobi

Sixers out: Simmons, Harris, Jaden Springer, ‘22 FRP
Sixers in: Paul George, Marcus Morris, and Hield

Kings out: Fox, Hield, Bagley, ‘22 top 5 protected FRP
Sac
Kings in: Simmons and Harris

Clippers out: George and Morris
Clippers in: Fox, Bagley, Springer, Kings top 5 protected ‘22 FRP, Sixers ‘22 FRP

Sixers- Maxey, Curry, George, Morris, Embiid
Kings- Simmons, Haliburton, Barnes, Harris, Holmes
Clippers save $25M and get much younger while still having Kawhi and Fox.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Post#1179 » by youngcrev » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:29 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:What are thoughts on Paul George if all else fails? I don’t hate it if it’s a deal that involves both Ben and Tobi

Sac

Clippers in: Fox, Bagley, Springer, Kings top 5 protected ‘22 FRP, Sixers ‘22 FRP

Google Paul George, Doc Rivers and Seth Curry.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1180 » by PhillyFan11 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:37 am

youngcrev wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:What are thoughts on Paul George if all else fails? I don’t hate it if it’s a deal that involves both Ben and Tobi

Sac

Google Paul George, Doc Rivers and Seth Curry.

Yeah forgot about that…might be a bit awkward

Return to Philadelphia 76ers