ImageImageImageImage

2021 NFL Draft.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Re: 2021 NFL Draft. 

Post#101 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:56 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:We need a new center. Additional Offensive Line would be fine as well but our current Center isn’t cutting it. The drop off from Frederick to Biadasz has been significant and unacceptable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I feel the same way about Tyrone Smith, especially after last week's effort. Damn did he get schooled and dominated all day in that game. And also he has missed a lot of time the past 3 years. Getting too injury prone for me lately.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#102 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:We need a new center. Additional Offensive Line would be fine as well but our current Center isn’t cutting it. The drop off from Frederick to Biadasz has been significant and unacceptable.

I feel the same way about Tyrone Smith, especially after last week's effort. Damn did he get schooled and dominated all day in that game. And also he has missed a lot of time the past 3 years. Getting too injury prone for me lately.

Completely agree about Smith. If he’s not on the field then he’s not helping. And he’s not on the field way too often.

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#103 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:42 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Completely agree about Smith. If he’s not on the field then he’s not helping. And he’s not on the field way too often.

Yea they have some major work to do on the OL. Besides needing a new Center and LT they also are going to have to replace Connor Williams who is a FA and not expected to be back. Connor McGovern will likely be given another shot at the LG spot but from what we’ve seen of him already doesn’t give me much hope he’ll be better than Williams. I could see them moving Biadasz to LG. Either way they NEED to bring in more OL help this off season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#104 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:37 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I feel the same way about Tyrone Smith, especially after last week's effort. Damn did he get schooled and dominated all day in that game. And also he has missed a lot of time the past 3 years. Getting too injury prone for me lately.

Yea they have some major work to do on the OL. Besides needing a new Center and LT they also are going to have to replace Connor Williams who is a FA and not expected to be back. Connor McGovern will likely be given another shot at the LG spot but from what we’ve seen of him already doesn’t give me much hope he’ll be better than Williams. I could see them moving Biadasz to LG. Either way they NEED to bring in more OL help this off season.

You remember me screaming to take slater last year in the draft when we were in here? We had a chance to get one of the best two OL last year in the first round. I believe you and I were the only ones in here in last year's draft. But I am not sorry we took Parsons. The defense was so horrible last year we needed something. Of course I had been royally bitching about drafting defense the previous 7 years before that. Going all the way back to Otis and my days at sportshoopla.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#105 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Completely agree about Smith. If he’s not on the field then he’s not helping. And he’s not on the field way too often.

You remember me screaming to take slater last year in the draft when we were in here? We had a chance to get one of the best two OL last year in the first round. I believe you and I were the only ones in here in last year's draft. But I am not sorry we took Parsons. The defense was so horrible last year we needed something. Of course I had been royally bitching about drafting defense the previous y years before that. Going all the way back to Otis and my days at sportshoopla.

I remember, I wanted Slater too. It would have been a great pick but obviously not as good a pick as Parsons has turned out to be. Hopefully they can find a good OL prospect with that 32nd pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#106 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I feel the same way about Tyrone Smith, especially after last week's effort. Damn did he get schooled and dominated all day in that game. And also he has missed a lot of time the past 3 years. Getting too injury prone for me lately.

We could also use a little more help in the secondary.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#107 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yea they have some major work to do on the OL. Besides needing a new Center and LT they also are going to have to replace Connor Williams who is a FA and not expected to be back. Connor McGovern will likely be given another shot at the LG spot but from what we’ve seen of him already doesn’t give me much hope he’ll be better than Williams. I could see them moving Biadasz to LG. Either way they NEED to bring in more OL help this off season.

You remember me screaming to take slater last year in the draft when we were in here? We had a chance to get one of the best two OL last year in the first round. I believe you and I were the only ones in here in last year's draft. But I am not sorry we took Parsons. The defense was so horrible last year we needed something. Of course I had been royally bitching about drafting defense the previous y years before that. Going all the way back to Otis and my days at sportshoopla.

I remember, I wanted Slater too. It would have been a great pick but obviously not as good a pick as Parsons has turned out to be. Hopefully they can find a good OL prospect with that 32nd pick.

Curious to know your feelings regarding Cooper. Do you feel he has been worth being the number ! WR and the 21 million a year we have been paying him?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#108 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You remember me screaming to take slater last year in the draft when we were in here? We had a chance to get one of the best two OL last year in the first round. I believe you and I were the only ones in here in last year's draft. But I am not sorry we took Parsons. The defense was so horrible last year we needed something. Of course I had been royally bitching about drafting defense the previous y years before that. Going all the way back to Otis and my days at sportshoopla.

Curious to know your feelings regarding Cooper. Do you feel he has been worth being the number ! WR and the 21 million a year we have been paying him?

Absolutely he has. He’s not perfect but he’s put up great numbers and for the most part he’s been reliable (although mostly at home games). Dak just needs to throw the ball his way more. Him coupled with Lamb give the Cowboys one of the best WR tandems in the NFL. When you look other 1st round WR’s over the last few years (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor) Cooper was worth the pick they traded for him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#109 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:50 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yea they have some major work to do on the OL. Besides needing a new Center and LT they also are going to have to replace Connor Williams who is a FA and not expected to be back. Connor McGovern will likely be given another shot at the LG spot but from what we’ve seen of him already doesn’t give me much hope he’ll be better than Williams. I could see them moving Biadasz to LG. Either way they NEED to bring in more OL help this off season.

Another question. What would be the cap hit on Elliott be going into the last year of his lousy contract? If we do keep Elliott for his last season I hope its the last we ever se of him. Jerry has done better lately listening to will McClay, but these bad contracts need to stop.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#110 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You remember me screaming to take slater last year in the draft when we were in here? We had a chance to get one of the best two OL last year in the first round. I believe you and I were the only ones in here in last year's draft. But I am not sorry we took Parsons. The defense was so horrible last year we needed something. Of course I had been royally bitching about drafting defense the previous y years before that. Going all the way back to Otis and my days at sportshoopla.

Another question. What would be the cap hit on Elliott be going into the last year of his lousy contract? If we do keep Elliott for his last season I hope its the last we ever se of him. Jerry has done better lately listening to will McClay, but these bad contracts need to stop.

According to Sportrac if the Cowboys cut him this off season he will could $30M in dead money. If they wait until 2023 that number drops to $11M. That’s why I don’t see him being cut this off season. The cap hit is too big.

Also he’s not in the last year of his contract. Remember he signed his deal 2 years early than most players do. This year would have been the end of his rookie deal (5 year rookie contract). The new contract starts in 2023 and it was a 4 year deal so he’s technically signed until 2027. Most of the guaranteed money will have already been paid by 2023 though.

I know you want him gone but he will be the starting RB for at least 1 more season. I expect they will draft another RB in the middle rounds this off season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#111 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I remember, I wanted Slater too. It would have been a great pick but obviously not as good a pick as Parsons has turned out to be. Hopefully they can find a good OL prospect with that 32nd pick.

According to Sportrac if the Cowboys cut him this off season he will could $30M in dead money. If they wait until 2023 that number drops to $11M. That’s why I don’t see him being cut this off season. The cap hit is too big.

Also he’s not in the last year of his contract. Remember he signed his deal 2 years early than most players do. This year would have been the end of his rookie deal (5 year rookie contract). The new contract starts in 2023 and it was a 4 year deal so he’s technically signed until 2027. Most of the guaranteed money will have already been paid by 2023 though.

I know you want him gone but he will be the starting RB for at least 1 more season. I expect they will draft another RB in the middle rounds this off season.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :angry: :sad: :cry:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#112 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:30 pm

Besides more secondary help and a couple O-lineman, Cowboys need another QB and RB. Time to start searching NOW.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#113 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I see all the hype behind this guy and I think Evan Engram or OJ Howard. I pray that you’re right and he’s gone by 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he a fit for Dallas? Not really. Not when you already have those guys that you've talked about. But I would gladly take Pitts at 10 & not question it. He's a star in the making. But again, the TE label is being misrepresented. That's why I responded to your post.

I get why Jerry is enamored with him. The guy is going to be legit. The problem for the Cowboys, is that they have other holes to fill & WR isn't one of them.

In an ideal world, Pitts falls to 10 & then you're able to move Cooper or Gallup for additional picks.

:falloff: :falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#114 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Micah Parsons. I'll take it. He was one of the 3 players I had on my list to take with our first pick. Horn was already gone which surprised me. However, I still would have taken Slater. Chargers got a steal taking him where they did.

Yea I hate that they passed on Slater and hate that both CB’s were gone but Parsons might be the best defensive player in the draft. He’s definitely going to help the run defense. Looking at this film Parsons looks like a bigger faster version of Jamal Adams. I don’t hate the pick at all. He just has to stay out of trouble off the field. He has a reputation of being a bully. That’s fine on the field he just needs to learn how and when to turn it off. We don’t need him beating up teammates or anyone else.

This might be the end of Jaylon Smith in Dallas. If he does stick around he’ll be playing on the strong side. He better have a pro bowl caliber season in 2021 or he’s definitely gone. Same goes for LVE.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#115 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:09 pm

Mr B wrote:Here is a little of what Parsons will bring to the defense.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Just a little. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#116 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I see all the hype behind this guy and I think Evan Engram or OJ Howard. I pray that you’re right and he’s gone by 10.

Is he a fit for Dallas? Not really. Not when you already have those guys that you've talked about. But I would gladly take Pitts at 10 & not question it. He's a star in the making. But again, the TE label is being misrepresented. That's why I responded to your post.

I get why Jerry is enamored with him. The guy is going to be legit. The problem for the Cowboys, is that they have other holes to fill & WR isn't one of them.

In an ideal world, Pitts falls to 10 & then you're able to move Cooper or Gallup for additional picks.

What's so funny?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#117 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Is he a fit for Dallas? Not really. Not when you already have those guys that you've talked about. But I would gladly take Pitts at 10 & not question it. He's a star in the making. But again, the TE label is being misrepresented. That's why I responded to your post.

What's so funny?

All the hype so many had for Pitts including Jerry.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#118 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: :falloff: :falloff:

What's so funny?

Pitts is a good player. He's on a **** team.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,475

Post#119 » by azcatz11 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:What's so funny?

They’re literally not even throwing to him lol
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#120 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:33 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:All the hype so many had for Pitts including Jerry.

They’re literally not even throwing to him lol

Mariota. Ryan wasn't great last year either. I'm not saying he's as impactful as Parsons. But it's not like he's a scrub either.

Return to Dallas Cowboys