Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#761 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:05 am

Licensed to Il wrote:
crkone wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
That's me. I think Empire was the first movie I had on VHS and had it memorized by the time I was eight, probably. I guess I just missed the toy back then because Fett wasn't even a character to me.

I really never understood the infatuation with Boba. My lasting memory of him as a kid was hilariously getting hit, screaming like a baby, and getting eaten (with the burp).

It feels like people are telling me I’m wrong for not liking a show they also don’t like, as a result of me saying I hoped it was better.

I think you should like what you like, so I'm sorry if I contributed to this. The West Wing is my favorite show of all-time...I know how it feels to like something that's now the chrissey teigen gif.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#762 » by HurricaneKid » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 am

Ron Swanson wrote:The Tom and Greg bromance is the fabric that holds Succession together. You either agree or you're wrong.
Nothing holds Succession together. It's splattered all about the walls like **** on a fast moving indoor merry go round.

I've never actually watched a show and rooted for nuclear winter before.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#763 » by HurricaneKid » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 am

Also, since there are so many ELeonard fans in here:

Make sure to watch: Hombre.

Prime Paul Newman spitting EL lines and it's a blast. Old AF.

fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#764 » by Prez » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:52 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Prez wrote:Late to this show but finally started Mr. Robot, just finished episode 3 and it’s fantastic. Was looking for something really well written/acted, pretty dark, and instantly interesting and it checked off all the boxes. Hoping the quality stays consistent because they’ve set up some super intriguing storylines and characters just a couple episodes in, even side characters like Tyrell
Warning, season 2 is a bit incoherent and I almost stopped watching. It steadies itself in later seasons and the final season is great. Enjoy, fun weird and well done series.

Okay so I finished the show and you were spot on, season 2 definitely had quite a few 'WTF is happening right now' moments for me lol and I took a bit of a mini break. I found myself reading post episode discussion threads on reddit after most episodes to help recap wtf just happened haha. That and to compare all the theories people had compared to mine, because the story plays out in a way that could go in any number of insane directions.

But yeah, once I picked back up, season 3 was awesome and season 4 might honestly be my favorite season of TV I've ever seen. And watching 3/4 I have an increased appreciation for the development in season 2 looking back. The show as a whole also is probably at worst a top 3 show I've seen. Absolute must watch for anyone into darker, psychological thriller type shows. Just power through the first half of season 2 and seasons 3/4 are GOAT level, especially 4.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#765 » by Mtsportsfan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

YOOO

That's great news , loved that show. Searched but could not find when it will be out
Mtsportsfan
Rookie

Post#766 » by Mtsportsfan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:13 pm

Finn wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I really enjoyed For All Mankind. Speaking of which if you have Spectrum they have an original series, Joe Pickett, that stars Michael Dorman (Gordo in FAM). I enjoyed the first season, it's taken from some C.J. Box books. He has written 21 Joe Pickett books so the series could go a long time lol.

Any chance you've read the series? I'm looking for my next books (almost done with book 29 of 30 in the John Sandford Prey series).

Sandford prey series (read them all) is fantastic, he is one of the best writers I've read. Have tried his Virgil Flowers books, another excellent read.
Watched the joe Pickett series on spectrum , for me it started slow, but really got in to it . Sadly spectrum is only doing the one year as far I can tell. Bummer!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,914

Post#767 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:24 pm

Spectrum hasn't announced a season 2 of Joe Pickett but speculation is there will be one and if Spectrum doesn't do it another streamer will.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie

Post#768 » by Mtsportsfan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:49 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Spectrum hasn't announced a season 2 of Joe Pickett but speculation is there will be one and if Spectrum doesn't do it another streamer will.

Hopefully, Really enjoyed it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#769 » by buckboy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:20 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:Also, since there are so many ELeonard fans in here:

Make sure to watch: Hombre.

Prime Paul Newman spitting EL lines and it's a blast. Old AF.

One of my all-time favorites. Newman was an awesome actor. I know people love him but I still feel like he's really underrated.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#770 » by HurricaneKid » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:45 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:Anyone have any idea why I can't find "Station Eleven" on HBO Max?
You aren't looking very hard? Works fine on mine.

Does this get better? 2 eps in and about to jump ship.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#771 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:05 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:Anyone have any idea why I can't find "Station Eleven" on HBO Max?

A lot of people love it and my opinions on TV usually suck, but I bailed after two. I just really hate theater kids.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#772 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:15 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:

Station 11 was fantastic. I can't say that I totally understood all the underlying themes but we loved it. Very satisfying conclusion.

Also, the showrunner is from Green Bay and is a huge Packer fan. His grandfather was the architect that designed Lambeau.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,254

Post#773 » by Finn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:06 pm

Mtsportsfan wrote:
Finn wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I really enjoyed For All Mankind. Speaking of which if you have Spectrum they have an original series, Joe Pickett, that stars Michael Dorman (Gordo in FAM). I enjoyed the first season, it's taken from some C.J. Box books. He has written 21 Joe Pickett books so the series could go a long time lol.

Any chance you've read the series? I'm looking for my next books (almost done with book 29 of 30 in the John Sandford Prey series).

Sandford prey series (read them all) is fantastic, he is one of the best writers I've read. Have tried his Virgil Flowers books, another excellent read.
Watched the joe Pickett series on spectrum , for me it started slow, but really got in to it . Sadly spectrum is only doing the one year as far I can tell. Bummer!

Thanks! I have 9 of the Virgil Flowers books on hand. Just thought I might switch up authors so Box is under consideration as is Lagercrantz for the Millennium series (I've read the 3 Larsson books so far).
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#774 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:46 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:

A lot of people love it and my opinions on TV usually suck, but I bailed after two. I just really hate theater kids.

You dumb jock! :) Keep watching. I am not a big Shakespeare fan either.

For real though, Prince Amponsah is an inspiration. Nearly died in an apartment fire, was put into a medically induced coma, had both of his lower forearms amputated. He was a rising acting star before it all and has maintained that trajectory even after his tragedy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#775 » by FrieAaron » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:05 am

Saw "The Tragedy of Macbeth" this afternoon. Incredible. But let me tell you, if you thought it was hard to parse Shakespeare's dialogue at times, wait until you try to do it while people around you are digging through their bags of popcorn.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,914

Post#776 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:15 am

I watched all 7 seasons of Ray Donovan on Showtime and enjoyed it. Showtime canceled without warning and didn't let them wrap it up. Liev Schreiber was able to get them to do a movie (which he co-wrote) to wrap things up, it came out Friday. I thought it was pretty good. Similar to the Deadwood movie I wish they had done another season or at least a few more episodes instead of trying to do it all in 90 minutes. But a pretty good ending.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#777 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:09 am

Didnt take long to burn through Succession and all I can say is.. Tom **** Wambsgans! :o
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#778 » by crkone » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:32 pm

Unreliable narrator and Oscar Isaac? Sign me up.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#779 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:06 pm

Station 11 manages to accomplish this pretty incredible feat of somehow not being too depressing despite it being a melancholic, post-apocalyptic drama. They hit home-runs with the score, cinematography, and casting. It's one of those series where I'm not even sure how to describe it to anyone who hasn't seen it, nor can I pinpoint what exactly makes it so good.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#780 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 am

Archive 81 looks like it might be pretty darn good. One episode in and I am liking it so far.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks