ImageImageImageImageImage

The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#801 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 am

BoogieTime wrote:Im not sure what they can do to win now given Hali/Fox are untradeable IMO for different reasons. Hali because hes looking like a foundational piece, Fox because his value is in the ground

Philly by leaking stuff like this
Read on Twitter

may be trying to invite a third party to take Fox, but I'm not sure one would and give Philly sufficient value

Its going to be our non Hali/Fox roster and picks, and I'm not sure that gets in the discussion for Simmons, let alone Brown/Sabonis

Maybe, maybe draft capital and Barnes and taking Harris gets to Simmons. Maybe. And because of the Kings being on his list you give that up. But it would still require a third team with win now talent to give Philadelphia and where is that? Possibly Beal? Very few teams have those pieces and actually want to rebuild on the landscape

So they will likely be trading vets and picks for the caliber of players as Jerami Grant or even Porzingis. Maybe Siakam. Depressing names to give up future for a normal franchise

I'm very curious how this gets done
This unfounded report was proceeded by one saying "Philly canvased for fox as recently as 2 days ago". All these reports should be taken with a grain of salt

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#802 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:33 am

Good game by Bagley. I've said it since Walton got fired, whoever trades for him is going to be really happy. He can play. The effort he's giving is night and day. Playing defense, hustling, rebounding, getting in the right spot at the right time offensively.

I'd rather keep him if the return is just a 2nd round pick. Let him continue to redeem himself.

Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#803 » by Silver Man » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:20 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Good game by Bagley. I've said it since Walton got fired, whoever trades for him is going to be really happy. He can play. The effort he's giving is night and day. Playing defense, hustling, rebounding, getting in the right spot at the right time offensively.

I'd rather keep him if the return is just a 2nd round pick. Let him continue to redeem himself.

Agreed. With Bagley its always going to be painful watching him knowing who we could have drafted but it's definitely nice to see him come into his own a little bit more every night since we canned Walton.
Rakkasan
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#804 » by Rakkasan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:47 pm

Is this enough to get De'Aaron Fox? Bulls send Coby White, Derrick Jones JR., Patrick Williams, and a first-round pick.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#805 » by kb02 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Rakkasan wrote:Is this enough to get De'Aaron Fox? Bulls send Coby White, Derrick Jones JR., Patrick Williams, and a first-round pick.

Nope.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#806 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:29 pm

kb02 wrote:
Rakkasan wrote:Is this enough to get De'Aaron Fox? Bulls send Coby White, Derrick Jones JR., Patrick Williams, and a first-round pick.

Nope.

Not really close IMO.

Coby has been up and down most of his career. Probably projects as a nice bench scorer.
Williams overrated and injured
DJJ is nothing
And the first is projected to be 26 right now.

Pretty awful offer
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#807 » by dozencousins » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:25 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Im not sure what they can do to win now given Hali/Fox are untradeable IMO for different reasons. Hali because hes looking like a foundational piece, Fox because his value is in the ground

Philly by leaking stuff like this
Read on Twitter

may be trying to invite a third party to take Fox, but I'm not sure one would and give Philly sufficient value

Its going to be our non Hali/Fox roster and picks, and I'm not sure that gets in the discussion for Simmons, let alone Brown/Sabonis

Maybe, maybe draft capital and Barnes and taking Harris gets to Simmons. Maybe. And because of the Kings being on his list you give that up. But it would still require a third team with win now talent to give Philadelphia and where is that? Possibly Beal? Very few teams have those pieces and actually want to rebuild on the landscape

So they will likely be trading vets and picks for the caliber of players as Jerami Grant or even Porzingis. Maybe Siakam. Depressing names to give up future for a normal franchise

I'm very curious how this gets done

The main 2 teams that have likely enough pieces to get a 3 way deal done are Atlanta & Indy

Atlanta Collins , Galli , Hunter , Williams
Indy Turnet , Lavert , Craig , Holiday

Not saying all would be involed but these players plus possible picks are the most likely involved if we are in a 3 way with either of the 2 teams .
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#808 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:42 pm

Coming in peace: any scenario Al Horford plus some combo of Grant Williams, Aaron Nesmith, 1st round pick, Schroeder to a third team with value to SAC for Barnes/Bagley?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#809 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:43 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Coming in peace: any scenario Al Horford plus some combo of Grant Williams, Aaron Nesmith, 1st round pick, Schroeder to a third team with value to SAC for Barnes/Bagley?

Thats looking like a pretty rough package.

If the 1st is unprotected id probably consider it. But I'm not sure thats a great package considering we have to also eat Horford.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#810 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:01 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Coming in peace: any scenario Al Horford plus some combo of Grant Williams, Aaron Nesmith, 1st round pick, Schroeder to a third team with value to SAC for Barnes/Bagley?

If the 1st is unprotected id probably consider it. But I'm not sure thats a great package considering we have to also eat Horford.

Right, it'd be low value for Barnes, and paying Al next year (16 million instead of 27 if you decline his option)- they'd have to really like the idea of turning the Barnes commitment into two rookie scale guys and a pick..
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#811 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:08 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Right, it'd be low value for Barnes, and paying Al next year (16 million instead of 27 if you decline his option)- they'd have to really like the idea of turning the Barnes commitment into two rookie scale guys and a pick..

This is the Kings we are talking about, so they definitely won't be declining a contract and paying Horford 16 million to go home.

Judging off what management has said, and our past moves. They won't take on salary for picks.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#812 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 pm

Some Utah fans seem to think they may end up moving Mitchell.

I don't like Fox for Simmons, but If we could go all in for Mitchell, id come around.

Fox, Buddy, Bagley for Simmons + Tobias

Hali + Barnes + 1st for Mitchell

Mitchell
Mitchell
Simmons
Tobias
Holmes

It would never happen because I don't think Utah really trades Mitchell until they've explored moving role players. But thats at least a very interesting team.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,800

Post#813 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:09 pm

What is the position of need for Sacrmento to push for playoffs and what is the asset to bring it in?

I assume

Fox
Hali
Barnes
Bagley
Holmes

Maybe Center?

Is Mitchell available?
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#814 » by kb02 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:27 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:What is the position of need for Sacrmento to push for playoffs and what is the asset to bring it in?

I assume

Fox
Hali
Barnes
Bagley
Holmes

Maybe Center?

Is Mitchell available?

Kings are going big:
Read on Twitter
?cxt=HHwWgIC9yf7doZYpAAAA

Don't see a trade with Boston unless Tatum or Brown is coming back.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#815 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:28 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:What is the position of need for Sacrmento to push for playoffs and what is the asset to bring it in?

I assume

Fox
Hali
Barnes
Bagley
Holmes

Maybe Center?

Is Mitchell available?

We've heard this pushing for the playoffs story before.

I imagine the deadline plays out as such -

Maybe a contender gets desperate and makes a trade for Buddy, something where we break him into multiple guys. Otherwise he stays another year.

We probably don't get offered anything for Bagley, so I imagine he just walks at the end of the season. Or we swap him for some irrelevant player

Barnes will be rumored, ultimately they will say we didn't have a good enough offer.

I don't see any other major player really being traded (unless they finally decide to push the Fox for Simmons). Probably use a few seconds to grab some Harkless types. Maybe sell Tristan if anyone wants him.

GM will be safe as usual.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#816 » by kb02 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:32 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I assume

Fox
Hali
Barnes
Bagley
Holmes

Maybe Center?

Is Mitchell available?

We've heard this pushing for the playoffs story before.

I imagine the deadline plays out as such -

Maybe a contender gets desperate and makes a trade for Buddy, something where we break him into multiple guys. Otherwise he stays another year.

We probably don't get offered anything for Bagley, so I imagine he just walks at the end of the season. Or we swap him for some irrelevant player

Barnes will be rumored, ultimately they will say we didn't have a good enough offer.

I don't see any other major player really being traded (unless they finally decide to push the Fox for Simmons). Probably use a few seconds to grab some Harkless types. Maybe sell Tristan if anyone wants him.

GM will be safe as usual.

Monte gets fired, if he doesn't make a big move. This is his window.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,800

Post#817 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:33 pm

kb02 wrote:

I assume

Fox
Hali
Barnes
Bagley
Holmes

Maybe Center?

Is Mitchell available?

Kings are going big:
Read on Twitter

I didn't think necessarily Boston, but just what you all would be looking for positionally. And if Mitchell is available I would hope our management would try and get in on some sort of 3 team deal.

Like if you are going for Simmons and Mitchell is a part of the deal, then I would like Boston there.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#818 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:47 pm

I'm not too big on Sabonis. Tweener defensively who doesn't protect the rim with somewhat archaic offensive game.

Whatever it is, no Hali and no draft capital beyond 3 different drafts for these players, for me (still too much for my blood for Simmons/Sabonis)
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#819 » by kb02 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:48 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
kb02 wrote:

I assume

Fox
Hali
Barnes
Bagley
Holmes

Maybe Center?

Is Mitchell available?

Kings are going big:
Read on Twitter

I didn't think necessarily Boston, but just what you all would be looking for positionally. And if Mitchell is available I would hope our management would try and get in on some sort of 3 team deal.

Like if you are going for Simmons and Mitchell is a part of the deal, then I would like Boston there.

Possible. Though I think the guard that goes out is Fox. Given Fox's salary, he just make a lot more sense as the outgoing piece given the incoming salary (Simmons, Harris, Sabonis). And if Fox goes out, doesn't make sense to punt Mitchell.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#820 » by kb02 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:51 pm

BoogieTime wrote:I'm not too big on Sabonis. Tweener defensively who doesn't protect the rim with somewhat archaic offensive game.

Whatever it is, no Hali and no draft capital beyond 3 different drafts for these players, for me (still too much for my blood for Simmons/Sabonis)

My first preference is to trade Fox for Simmons, but if Fox and Hali are somehow both still on the Kings, Sabonis is the guy that I'd want. He opens up both their games--Fox can actually cut and score and Hali can bomb from three. Look at Sabonis' assist numbers. Offense is less of an issue than defense for the Kings, but I think getting Sabonis would change how they score, slow the pace down, and in turn slow down the number of points that the Kings give up. Plus its easier to get a defensive big like Javale McGee in FA than someone like Sabonis.

That said, I want Simmons.

Return to Sacramento Kings