skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade/Offseason Thread 

Post#321 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 2:47 am

Murray getting closer

Read on Twitter
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#322 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 5, 2022 2:00 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
Alatan wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
You can't stop imagining him in the role of a guy who couldn't get minutes on a lottery team Nuggets and has been out of the league for years? Like what on earth man :lol:

Faried had great chemistry with Jokic on offense. At one point he was putting up 20 ppg on good percentages and the Nuggets had a top offensive rating. His problem was always defense. That is why he got ousted from the league. Noel can do what Faried did on offense while being good defensively.

You'd think if that were true, somebody somewhere would sign Faried just for the offensive side if nothing else, just like Harrell is still valuable player, but in reality he couldn't even play in Europe.

Noel could make sense as a backup C, but certainly not at that money, and he's nowhere near as versatile as Gordon.

Not only is Noel not as versatile he doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Gordon as a defender.

Gordon gives up 41.3% shooting which is the 6th lowest in the league for starters. Noel gives up 49.3% which is the worst on the Knicks roster. Gary Payton Jr gave up 42.5% shooting. For comparison Jokic gives up 46.7%. Noel is giving up that kind of shooting percentage off the bench, not even against starters.

Now of course shooting percentage allowed isn't the be all end all of defense especially team defense, but since Gordon is being asked to cover the opposing team's best player 1 on 1 and only focused on that player I feel it would be the most telling since that is the role we need.

You could try to argue that Noel is a better help defender, but then team defensive stats and advanced stats say that is not true either. Defenses get worse with Noel on the court.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#323 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 5, 2022 2:02 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Per Mike Singer, Vlatko Cancar has a right foot fracture, he was starting to show some good signs, now this. Par for the season

I would love to see what this team would have been if we had a healthy roster and Malone played the young guys off the bench instead of guys like JayMichael. Hopefully all these guys recover and we see it next year.
skywalker33

Post#324 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:56 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Per Mike Singer, Vlatko Cancar has a right foot fracture, he was starting to show some good signs, now this. Par for the season

I would love to see what this team would have been if we had a healthy roster and Malone played the young guys off the bench instead of guys like JayMichael. Hopefully all these guys recover and we see it next year.

The waiting is the hardest part !

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#325 » by TunaFish » Thu Jan 6, 2022 12:21 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

The waiting is the hardest part !

I think it means more Nnaji and possibly Bol this season.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#326 » by The Rebel » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:58 am

Rumors are out there that we are looking for a wing and a backup Center in trade. Obviously we don't have a lot of assets, but there seem to be some interesting names floating on the rumor mill already this season.

Out of all the ones I have heard I still like FAvors and Reddish, I think both could come cheap enough to pick both up without costing too much.

Who else are rumors floating around that you guys are interested in?
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#327 » by DaFan334 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 6:10 pm

Cousins would be a very welcome addition if that can happen. He and Malone are pretty close and he probably has one of the closest skill sets to Joker.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#328 » by Manolito » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:02 pm

it was reported Minnesota had some interest in Jamychal Green during offseason, if they don´t trade for Simmons, interest might till be there.

What do you think about Okogie + Layman x Jamychal + 2024 SRP? We would get rid of Jamychal 8M next year and take a flier on Okogie (I know he is horrible offensively but the main goal is offload Jamychal´s contract). This should happen before signing Cousins to the rest of the season as we need a free spot
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#329 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:26 pm

Manolito wrote:What do you think about Okogie + Layman x Jamychal + 2024 SRP? We would get rid of Jamychal 8M next year and take a flier on Okogie (I know he is horrible offensively but the main goal is offload Jamychal´s contract). This should happen before signing Cousins to the rest of the season as we need a free spot

I wouldn't send JMG just to get two worse players, it's like Beasley trade but without FRP coming back so no thanks. If he opts in, they can still trade him later on, he's playing better as of late and as expiring contract he will have some value.
Manolito
Senior

Post#330 » by Manolito » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:56 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
Manolito wrote:What do you think about Okogie + Layman x Jamychal + 2024 SRP? We would get rid of Jamychal 8M next year and take a flier on Okogie (I know he is horrible offensively but the main goal is offload Jamychal´s contract). This should happen before signing Cousins to the rest of the season as we need a free spot

I wouldn't send JMG just to get two worse players, it's like Beasley trade but without FRP coming back so no thanks. If he opts in, they can still trade him later on, he's playing better as of late and as expiring contract he will have some value.

I respect your opinion, but actually this has nothing to do with Beasley (and Vanderbilt) situation. Those were young players who were asking for more money (and playing time) than what Denver could offer them.

The main purpose here is getting rid of Jamychal contract, reducing considerably the tax that shall be paid next season, while providing more minutes to Nnaji. Jamychal is almost useless if he can´t play backup 5 (that obviously can´t) and is blocking Nnaji´s progress. With Murray and MPJ most likely out for the season, Jamychal is not needed for a potential deep playoff run.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#331 » by psimanic1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:59 pm

Manolito wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

I respect your opinion, but actually this has nothing to do with Beasley (and Vanderbilt) situation. Those were young players who were asking for more money (and playing time) than what Denver could offer them.

The main purpose here is getting rid of Jamychal contract, reducing considerably the tax that shall be paid next season, while providing more minutes to Nnaji. Jamychal is almost useless if he can´t play backup 5 (that obviously can´t) and is blocking Nnaji´s progress. With Murray and MPJ most likely out for the season, Jamychal is not needed for a potential deep playoff run.

Woj is saying Nuggets are expecting MPJ and Murray to return before PO's. Not sure how smart is that in MPJ case tbh
Manolito
Senior

Post#332 » by Manolito » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:19 pm

I know both could hipotetically come back this season, as Denver has not applied for disabled player exception yet. But if Denver is in play in situation, makes 0 sense to rush any of them to lose against GSW or Phoenix. Now with PG injury, looks like DAL, LAL and DEN will fight for 5-7 positions, which makes more likely a potential matchup against Memphis in first round.

Nevertheless, I think Jamychal brings nothing to the team if he can´t play backup center, and his guaranteed 8M next season are painful for a tax payer team.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#333 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:08 pm

Manolito wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

I don't see what's the rush to ship him out now, Nuggets are not going to tank this season and why should they? A minor injury or a H&S protocol for either Curry or CP3 and suddenly even the top Western teams could be very beatable. Murray for sure is not out for the season btw.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:28 pm

There is a report on Yahoo sports that the Celtics are trying to get Jeff Green and are shopping Shroder and Nesmith, personally I doubt I would trade Green for either one but maybe we can get someone better for us long term?
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#335 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:01 pm

The Rebel wrote:There is a report on Yahoo sports that the Celtics are trying to get Jeff Green and are shopping Shroder and Nesmith, personally I doubt I would trade Green for either one but maybe we can get someone better for us long term?

Doubt it, Shroder was UFA so I guess the Nuggets could've got him if they really wanted him without having to trade. Not sure if there is anyone available at that price who would be an upgrade
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#336 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
The Rebel wrote:There is a report on Yahoo sports that the Celtics are trying to get Jeff Green and are shopping Shroder and Nesmith, personally I doubt I would trade Green for either one but maybe we can get someone better for us long term?

Doubt it, Shroder was UFA so I guess the Nuggets could've got him if they really wanted him without having to trade. Not sure if there is anyone available at that price who would be an upgrade

I saw that too, but Boston wouldn't give up more than a 2nd-round pick or two and I don't know why Denver would ever do that. Nesmith for Green would be a mistake unless they're convinced Aaron is a bust and other teams aren't - and you all don't want him anyway.. bizarre rumor.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#337 » by Richard Miller » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:51 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

I saw that too, but Boston wouldn't give up more than a 2nd-round pick or two and I don't know why Denver would ever do that. Nesmith for Green would be a mistake unless they're convinced Aaron is a bust and other teams aren't - and you all don't want him anyway.. bizarre rumor.

I mean, I'm sure the Celtics would like to get Jeff, but definitely not for that package
Manolito
Senior

Post#338 » by Manolito » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:06 pm

According to Michael Scotto:
"Spurs guard Bryn Forbes is available on the trade market, league sources told HoopsHype. Multiple teams have expressed interest in Forbes, including the Denver Nuggets, sources say.

I don´t see any upgrade from Forbes to Rivers. Actually the opposite with his contract (4.5M)
skywalker33

Post#339 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:19 pm

Never been a Bryn Forbes fan but he kinda reminds me of Bones. While not a Rivers fan either, easy pass for me

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#340 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:44 am

Read on Twitter

Looks like a done deal, we traded Bol and PJ Dozier for Forbes, I wonder what we are adding to the deal or just getting the Celtics cap relief?

Return to Denver Nuggets