ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Nets Trade Spculation Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Re: Official Nets Trade Spculation Thread 

Post#61 » by HardenGoat » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:57 am

It’s doubtful marks does anything at the trade deadline other than open a roster spot. The only tradeable asset we have really is Claxton but that would hurt our defense significantly. Problem is we will lose him in the off-season for nothing but what teams have interest? What players are potential buyouts since that is the most likely area we find our players otherwise. The player I really want is Eric Gordon. He would really elevate our game come playoffs.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#62 » by GYK » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:54 am

GTR11 wrote:
GYK wrote:It really is dependent on if Joe is tradable(think he should be for a more defensive core piece. Wing that’s size appropriate and switchable. Or a paint protector as the perimeter defense is never gonna be isolation great, so at least we can lock up the paint a more. We also scheme pretty well.)
Also if we are using the TPE’s. We have two that fit right into high rotation players salaries. Starters.

Either way I’m hoping for a starting traditional defensive center with high Defensive rebounding percentage. A backup of the same ilk. Of course more 3&D wings.

Would package Joe and whatever else for the core member.
Would use the TPE’s on 3&D wings. Either 2 or split the 11.3 for 3.
Carter and Brown would either for a backup center or another 3&D depending if Sharpe had to be moved along the way. It would suck but nowhere near as bad as not having 48 minutes of defensive rebounding and spacing come playoff time. The future is only as along as we have Durant-Harden-Kyrie(contract length and amount Joe should be always mentioned with them and he’s not).

It really does suck we walked into the season with this roster. I never seen a Big3 have such an ill fitting support cast around them. Individually good players but designed only if literally everything is going ideally. If Blake and Paul regain their 3ball while no defense or rebounding concerns are remotely answered Bruce/Bembry/Nic/Johnson all suddenly look great. But what type of team brings in multiple role players that need other role players to perform? Not off stars but other role players.

Everything in this post is complete opposite to what been said :lol:

I’m saying it tho. Like there’s no quote. There’s no reference to another post. I’m saying what’s wrong with the team, why and what they need to fix it.
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 857

Post#63 » by Jay555 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:23 pm

HardenGoat wrote:It’s doubtful marks does anything at the trade deadline other than open a roster spot. The only tradeable asset we have really is Claxton but that would hurt our defense significantly. Problem is we will lose him in the off-season for nothing but what teams have interest? What players are potential buyouts since that is the most likely area we find our players otherwise. The player I really want is Eric Gordon. He would really elevate our game come playoffs.

I would trade Joe for Eric in a heartbeat.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#64 » by gigantes » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:07 pm

HardenGoat wrote:It’s doubtful marks does anything at the trade deadline other than open a roster spot. The only tradeable asset we have really is Claxton but that would hurt our defense significantly. Problem is we will lose him in the off-season for nothing but what teams have interest? What players are potential buyouts since that is the most likely area we find our players otherwise. The player I really want is Eric Gordon. He would really elevate our game come playoffs.

Hmm, is that absolutely certain?

He's played in so few games comparatively that I would imagine his bargaining position isn't great. Unless of course he finishes the year out super-strong. Otherwise, can't he be S&T'd for some assets in the offseason?

Sure is depressing seeing the team make smart draft choices in Fro and Clax, seeing them develop over the years, only to lose them for almost nothing in the end. :-?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,828

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:07 pm

gigantes wrote:

He's played in so few games comparatively that I would imagine his bargaining position isn't great. Unless of course he finishes the year out super-strong. Otherwise, can't he be S&T'd for some assets in the offseason?

Sure is depressing seeing the team make smart draft choices in Fro and Clax, seeing them develop over the years, only to lose them for almost nothing in the end. :-?

I mean we got Harden for Allen though so it works out
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#66 » by gigantes » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I mean we got Harden for Allen though so it works out

that, and a boatload of picks and pick-swaps, and levert iirc

my impression was that fro was mostly tossed in there because marks knew the nets couldn't afford his next contract, and it helped generate one more pick from the cavs to help sweeten the deal.

houston didn't even get fro, for crying out loud
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#67 » by LOUiS-D » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:11 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:

I mean we got Harden for Allen though so it works out

Sharpe's not a scratch of the perimeter defender Clax is, but those screens. I think it was you who made the observation that he might be a better pick and roll partner for Harden for that reason. The other day he fking dropped someone at the top of the 3pt line. It's not often that you see a defender hit the hardwood on a legal bog standard ballscreen.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#68 » by LOUiS-D » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:15 am

I'm with prok. you really can't fault this team construction. we have everything we need (coaching aside) for a championship and then some.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#69 » by HardenGoat » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:47 am

Jay555 wrote:

I would trade Joe for Eric in a heartbeat.

I would too but they are looking for a FRP so a rookie would also have to be involved.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#70 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:42 am

Kyrie and Joe Harris for De'Aron Fox and Buddy Hield and a Sacramento 1st round pick, who says no?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#71 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:15 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Kyrie and Joe Harris for De'Aron Fox and Buddy Hield and a Sacramento 1st round pick, who says no?

I would hope Marks.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:16 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Kyrie and Joe Harris for De'Aron Fox and Buddy Hield and a Sacramento 1st round pick, who says no?

How has things been going with Gambler's Anonymous?

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#73 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:17 am

Fox sucks and is making way too much money. AND you want to throw in Joe Harris?

For buddy Hield?

I wouldn't even consider it.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#74 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:19 am

Did you mean to say 4 unprotected firsts and 4 pick swaps?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#75 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:20 am

Bro!

WTF you been?

Also, id have expected an eric gordon trade from you
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:54 pm

I'd rather take Tyrese Halliburton over Fox tbh

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#77 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:47 pm

As crazy as Kyrie is hes still a killer.

Man had 27 last game despite not playing for 6 months.

Hes in far better basketball shape than Harden whos been playing for months.

Once the mandate is gone we will get him back full time. I'm not trading him.

Him and KD are still our future.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#78 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm

If Harden's agent is putting this out there, I think the Nets need to have a sit down and consider making a move now, because frankly Kyrie is not going to budge, and Nash isn't getting fired.

If Harden is really serious, I propose Harden to Philly for Simmons, Curry, and 2 protected firsts.

No hard feelings on my end. I don't blame Harden for wanting to leave. Between Marks hiring an inexperienced coach, and Kyrie being unreliable, this is not a championship team. Adding Simmons as PG and having Kyrie, KD, Harris, Mills, Curry + the rest of the team should still help us to compete.

and no, I don't like Ben Simmons. But this is going to become another distraction and we already have one huge elephant in the room.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#79 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:04 am

Nets will need to free up a roster spot if Kessler is going to be on the playoff roster. The most obvious potential roster spots are Carter and Millsap. Claxton and Brown are also possibilities. With few picks and no cash available, what's the trade to free up spots?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#80 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:54 am

MrDollarBills wrote:If Harden's agent is putting this out there, I think the Nets need to have a sit down and consider making a move now, because frankly Kyrie is not going to budge, and Nash isn't getting fired.

Kyrie will play home games by March or sooner. The pandemic is all but over. Many countries already calling it a pandemic. UK lifted all restrictions. NY cases down. No way i trade any of the big 3. you have to roll the dice they are healthy and playing by playoffs and live with it if they dont. we will NEVER have a better shot at a championship then this trio.

If Harden is really serious, I propose Harden to Philly for Simmons, Curry, and 2 protected firsts.

Hard pass. I would need Simmons routed to a 3rd team for a Jaylen Brown level play + one guanteed lotto pick in the 22 draft on top of the 2 philly picks.

I wouldnt trade harden if he outright said tommorow he wont be back and will sign with Philly. We wont ever get a chance this good at a title again.

No hard feelings on my end. I don't blame Harden for wanting to leave. Between Marks hiring an inexperienced coach, and Kyrie being unreliable, this is not a championship team. Adding Simmons as PG and having Kyrie, KD, Harris, Mills, Curry + the rest of the team should still help us to compete.

and no, I don't like Ben Simmons. But this is going to become another distraction and we already have one huge elephant in the room.

I think we get considerably worse with that trade. Simmons makes us really bad on offense. you dont need to defend him at all. defensively his impact is next to nothing in the playoffs where you switch everything. they will just hunt joe harris or mills on switches.

II'd rather let harden walk then trade for simmons

Return to Brooklyn Nets