ImageImageImage

Around The League: 2021-2022 Season 1.0

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,556

Re: Around The League: 2021-2022 Season 1.0 

Post#581 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:54 am

Stanford wrote:I can't tell if we want the kings to start winning or keep losing. If they continue tonight's play they may be closer to a tank than a playoff push.

Consolidating at the limbo. Waiting for a right break whether getting lucky via trade or getting lucky via draft. Hornets, Bucks and Mavs were on the same spot until they luck themselves with Luka, Giannis and Lamelo.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,445

Post#582 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:20 pm

76ciology wrote:
Stanford wrote:I can't tell if we want the kings to start winning or keep losing. If they continue tonight's play they may be closer to a tank than a playoff push.

Consolidating at the limbo. Waiting for a right break whether getting lucky via trade or getting lucky via draft. Hornets, Bucks and Mavs were on the same spot until they luck themselves with Luka, Giannis and Lamelo.

Can we add Should 76ers fans be sending Kyrie votes of support for his stance? If the Nets don't win anything because Kyrie is a part time player Harden might be more likely to leave as a free agent after giving it 2 good years.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,905

Post#583 » by mjkvol » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:49 am

Eyeamok wrote:Can we add Should 76ers fans be sending Kyrie votes of support for his stance? If the Nets don't win anything because Kyrie is a part time player Harden might be more likely to leave as a free agent after giving it 2 good years.

Some of us are supporting him regardless of basketball for having principles and sticking to them.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#584 » by Arsenal » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:53 am

I fully support Kyrie tanking the Nets superteam due to his obstinacy. Never change Kyrie... we support you!!!
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#585 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:11 am

Kyrie has no principles, he's just naturally insubordinate. His defiance ruined a potential dynasty with prime LeBron and now it might prevent a new dynasty from ever forming in Brooklyn. Which I'm totally fine with. Keep being you, Kyrie!
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#586 » by Rastas » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:11 am

Arsenal wrote:I fully support Kyrie tanking the Nets superteam due to his obstinacy. Never change Kyrie... we support you!!!

Sounds similar to the Support many Rival Teams have for Morey /Sixers in there stance of not Trading Ben. :roll:
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#587 » by Foshan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 am

mjkvol wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:Can we add Should 76ers fans be sending Kyrie votes of support for his stance? If the Nets don't win anything because Kyrie is a part time player Harden might be more likely to leave as a free agent after giving it 2 good years.

Some of us are supporting him regardless of basketball for having principles and sticking to them.

Arsenal wrote:
I fully support Kyrie tanking the Nets superteam due to his obstinacy. Never change Kyrie... we support you!!!

ah the beauty of being a part of the philly fandom! Even when we disagree on somethings, we can still be united on others :lol: :nod:
76ciology
RealGM

Post#588 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:47 am

Kobblehead wrote:Kyrie has no principles, he's just naturally insubordinate. His defiance ruined a potential dynasty with prime LeBron and now it might prevent a new dynasty from ever forming in Brooklyn. Which I'm totally fine with. Keep being you, Kyrie!

Because players are too empowered and overpaid, they (*cough* ben) can even dont commit to their contract.

My position in vaccines is im a centrist. And if im kyrie, i will take it to fulfill my contract obligations.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#589 » by mjkvol » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:50 pm

76ciology wrote:Because players are too empowered and overpaid, they (*cough* ben) can even dont commit to their contract.

My position in vaccines is im a centrist. And if im kyrie, i will take it to fulfill my contract obligations.

I'm a vaccine centrist as well, but I'm also of the strong belief that individuals shouldn't be forced into medical procedures they choose not to have done, regardless of profession. I highly doubt that any player's contract requires such a thing.

I can hardly equate someone not choosing to have an experimental injection with a guy who just decided he doesn't feel like playing for a team he had just signed a long term contract with.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#590 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:01 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:Because players are too empowered and overpaid, they (*cough* ben) can even dont commit to their contract.

I'm a vaccine centrist as well, but I'm also of the strong belief that individuals shouldn't be forced into medical procedures they choose not to have done, regardless of profession. I highly doubt that any player's contract requires such a thing.

I can hardly equate someone not choosing to have an experimental injection with a guy who just decided he doesn't feel like playing for a team he had just signed a long term contract with.

I do understand that but I think its part of his contract to deliver on his agreed “services”?. Like I know its unnecessary risk for him to take it and getting vaccinated still allows you to transmit the virus but if you consider everything, including the risk of side effects of the vaccines, I think it makes logical sense to take the vaccination and deliver on his agreed services, given how much money he will lose by not doing so and his obligation to his teammates for instance this could be KD’s last few seasons left and kyrie’s belief could derail KD’s championship hopes? And if you are not happy or is against with the vaccines then he should just voice it out on his free time.

But yeah, I also understand his POV.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#591 » by mjkvol » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:31 pm

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

I do understand that but I think its part of his contract to deliver on his agreed “services”?. Like I know its unnecessary risk for him to take it and getting vaccinated still allows you to transmit the virus but if you consider everything, including the risk of side effects of the vaccines, I think it makes logical sense to take the vaccination and deliver on his agreed services, given how much money he will lose by not doing so and his obligation to his teammates for instance this could be KD’s last few seasons left and kyrie’s belief could derail KD’s championship hopes? And if you are not happy or is against with the vaccines then he should just voice it out on his free time.

We can go back and forth, but "agreed services" can't possibly include medical procedures that no one even knows what the long term effects are, and there has been no public disclosure of. I know I'm in the minority here, but basketball isn't remotely the issue where your life and medical choices are concerned. Calling it "selfish" is mind boggling to me, as anyone who has the vaguest appreciation for freedom and the liberties we are (were?) guaranteed should be respectful to an individual's decision of what to put in his body. Selfish is saying "just get the jab so I can watch my team win games".

I've said all I'm going to say, as this is derailing what the thread is about.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,494

Post#592 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:00 pm

It's refreshing to see the word vaccine come up on the Sixers forum and it not turn into a bunch of chimps slinging **** at each other like the Wiretap threads. Absolute bellends inhabit those "discussions".
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#593 » by Arsenal » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:36 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

We can go back and forth, but "agreed services" can't possibly include medical procedures that no one even knows what the long term effects are, and there has been no public disclosure of. I know I'm in the minority here, but basketball isn't remotely the issue where your life and medical choices are concerned. Calling it "selfish" is mind boggling to me, as anyone who has the vaguest appreciation for freedom and the liberties we are (were?) guaranteed should be respectful to an individual's decision of what to put in his body. Selfish is saying "just get the jab so I can watch my team win games".

I agree with you in principle that experimental vaccines/drugs should not be mandated. It should be the individual's choice.

That said if it was me in Kyrie's place, I'd take the jab in order to not let down my teammates. Sometimes you have to compromise your beliefs for the "greater good".
76ciology
RealGM

Post#594 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:27 pm

Arsenal wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I agree with you in principle that experimental vaccines/drugs should not be mandated. It should be the individual's choice.

That said if it was me in Kyrie's place, I'd take the jab in order to not let down my teammates. Sometimes you have to compromise your beliefs for the "greater good".

Same. You’re just a lot better than me in expressing my thoughts :lol:
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#595 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:29 pm

Lonzo torn meniscus. Lavine hurt. KD hurt. Kyrie part time. This year is pretty wide open
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#596 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:49 pm

mjkvol wrote:Calling it "selfish" is mind boggling to me, as anyone who has the vaguest appreciation for freedom and the liberties we are (were?) guaranteed should be respectful to an individual's decision of what to put in his body.

The liberty argument supposes that Kyrie's choice has no impact on others. This obviously isn't the case. Freedoms will always conflict. The important conversation is how to balance those freedoms to meet some societal goal. This is a public health issue and by choosing to not get vaccinated, you're putting the rest of society at risk. So, no, I don't respect his decision. To respect someone is to take them seriously. To respect someone's decision is to take their decision seriously. I don't think Kyrie Irving is a serious person, I think he's an egomaniac. Mind boggling is using the concept of "freedom" to defend any decision an individual makes without considering the impact these decisions have on the freedoms of others.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#597 » by the_process » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:59 pm

Canadians...
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#598 » by the_process » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:59 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:Lonzo torn meniscus. Lavine hurt. KD hurt. Kyrie part time. This year is pretty wide open

I wouldn't be expecting any reinforcements, if that's what you're getting at.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#599 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:00 pm

the_process wrote:Canadians...

:lol:

Americans and their dumb obsession with Mill
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#600 » by mjkvol » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:44 pm

Stanford wrote:
mjkvol wrote:Calling it "selfish" is mind boggling to me, as anyone who has the vaguest appreciation for freedom and the liberties we are (were?) guaranteed should be respectful to an individual's decision of what to put in his body.

The liberty argument supposes that Kyrie's choice has no impact on others. This obviously isn't the case. Freedoms will always conflict. The important conversation is how to balance those freedoms to meet some societal goal. This is a public health issue and by choosing to not get vaccinated, you're putting the rest of society at risk. So, no, I don't respect his decision. To respect someone is to take them seriously. To respect someone's decision is to take their decision seriously. I don't think Kyrie Irving is a serious person, I think he's an egomaniac. Mind boggling is using the concept of "freedom" to defend any decision an individual makes without considering the impact these decisions have on the freedoms of others.

I don't want to get into a whole blown out covid/vaccine discussion here for obvious reasons, but suffice to say that I couldn't disagree with you more regarding the societal risk of the virus, especially at this point, and the efficacy of this 'vaccine', which even the "experts" are back peddling on.

I'm not defending Irving as a person, but I strongly defend his (or anyone's) right to choose whether to have a medical procedure done to his body. I find it staggering that anyone would feel differently in a free society, and people throwing around terms like "the common good" should check their historical significance before using them.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers