toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,648

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#561 » by toooskies » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:57 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
toooskies wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
IH's QO was under $2M, if the Cavs tried to hold him hostage with that; he could have easily gotten that much from a Euroleague team. What it likely comes down to is that the Cavs just didn't need an unhappy player at the end of their bench, so took the high road. Maybe it pays off sometime down the line, maybe not.

It's not really "holding hostage" if it was the only guaranteed money on the table (he's non-guaranteed in LA), and I'm not sure IH was upset with the Cavs given they'd just given him the most playing time he's ever had in the NBA.

I think it's much more reasonable to believe the Cavs just didn't want him and thought Kabengele was more interesting at the time, although we don't have evidence either way.

Hartenstein had guaranteed money, it's just that it was across the pond, but clearly what he valued even more than guaranteed money was playing time and exposure which he's getting in LA. At least for now.

I'm not sure how much the Cavs valued IH, probably less than fans did - but I seriously doubt they valued Kabengele more.

IH is going to be the 3rd center in LA when Ibaka comes back, though. Maybe that's better than the 2.5th center in Cleveland? Still think he's not in Cleveland because the Cavs didn't want him back.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#562 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#563 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:03 pm

I don't know whether Walton is a good or bad coach, but the decision not trade Fox for Simmons has a lot more to do with where the Kings are at than him. That's on the GM.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#564 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:56 pm

Kevin Porter Jr is just so misunderstood I guess. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#565 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 5:43 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Kevin Porter Jr is just so misunderstood I guess. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You never want to watch a young man self-destruct the way that he's doing. That said, the idea that the Cavs mishandled the situation and were to blame was always a real stretch. Whether it's a guy's work ethic, off-the-court conduct, interactions with coaches/teammates, or working through their confidence issues, players have a big say in terms of how it turns out. There are feel good stories about guys reaching their potential after a change of scenery, but there are a lot more stories about players being the exact same guy on a different team.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,379

Post#566 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:22 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Kevin Porter Jr is just so misunderstood I guess. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

A number of Stillwater's platforms haven't aged well ... but unless he's been posting on Rockets forums, some of them have also been blinded by KPJ's potential as well.

The biggest problem for Kevin isn't necessarily his anger issues, so much as his continued lack of consistent performance. Houston shouldn't have enabled him to continue to think he was on a superstar trajectory, but probably convinced themselves they had nothing to lose.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#567 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:37 am

Sounds like Morey tried to unload T. Harris on the Hawks during Simmons discussions and ended the discussions.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-rookie-rankings-cade-cunningham-leads-way-after-career-night-evan-mobley-playing-like-an-all-star/
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#568 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:57 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Sounds like Morey tried to unload T. Harris on the Hawks during Simmons discussions and ended the discussions.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-rookie-rankings-cade-cunningham-leads-way-after-career-night-evan-mobley-playing-like-an-all-star/

LoL. I got a trade for them though:

Lakers send: Russ/Nunn/THT
Lakers get: Simmons/Harris

76ers send: Simmons/Harris
76ers get: Russ/Nunn/THT
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#569 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:43 pm

lol, this is priceless
Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#570 » by JonFromVA » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:33 pm

Do you think Lauri broke the top-40 after last night's performance? :lol:

I think I'd be willing to trade Lauri + Ricky's contract for Ben, but I'm going back & forth on it ... 8-)
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#571 » by KuruptedCav » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:57 pm

JonFromVA wrote:Do you think Lauri broke the top-40 after last night's performance? :lol:

I think I'd be willing to trade Lauri + Ricky's contract for Ben, but I'm going back & forth on it ... 8-)

I’ll go Rubio, Markkanen, Sexton, Windler, 2022 FRP, 2024 FRP

for

Simmons and Curry

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#572 » by gflem » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:08 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:Do you think Lauri broke the top-40 after last night's performance? :lol:

I’ll go Rubio, Markkanen, Sexton, Windler, 2022 FRP, 2024 FRP

for

Simmons and Curry

Not me. I am not on the Simmons train at all. Rubio, Sexton, and Windler are expendable in the right deal but overpaying for a guy that has all that baggage Simmons has regardless of talent is a huge risk.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,648

Post#573 » by toooskies » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:23 pm

I assume Curry is off the table both because he's a valuable, low-cost piece for them; and because he married the coach's daughter.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#574 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 8:32 pm

When I get concerned about the LeVert trade, I go over to the Knicks board and I feel better.
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=kgA39y25XjcZbc79BSwy7Q
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#575 » by JonFromVA » Tue Feb 8, 2022 9:25 pm

Oh, how quick they forget Linsanity ... but the Knicks do have a productive PG it's just that Rose is a backup at this point in his career and of course he's injured again. You'd think being in the same market as the Nets, the Knicks would have considered hiring Kenny Atkinson as their head coach and just continued with their rebuild, but as always they tried to buy a quick fix when they should have been holding on to their cap space and adding more lottery assets.

Of course they could have literally been in the Nets position if Kyrie didn't have qualms with the location of the Knicks practice facility, Dolan's reputation, or whatever made them decide to pick the team most people still don't associate with New York.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#576 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:58 pm

Beal's out for the season. Dame's out for the season. Once again, teams are copying the Warriors strategy of tanking a season.
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=ZqnjCONjAEHpLf7CJoPXOA
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#577 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:29 pm

I was a little pissed about the Hali trade as it confirmed my suspicion that the Pacers wanted Rubio's expiring over all else, but it has broken the Knicks board. That trade deadline rumor thread is straight gold right now.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#578 » by JonFromVA » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:45 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I was a little pissed about the Hali trade as it confirmed my suspicion that the Pacers wanted Rubio's expiring over all else, but it has broken the Knicks board. That trade deadline rumor thread is straight gold right now.

Oh? Did Ricky's contract play in to the Haliburton trade?

The Pacers gave up a nice player in Sabonis ... but maybe both teams figured they needed a shake-up.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#579 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:52 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I was a little pissed about the Hali trade as it confirmed my suspicion that the Pacers wanted Rubio's expiring over all else, but it has broken the Knicks board. That trade deadline rumor thread is straight gold right now.

Oh? Did Ricky's contract play in to the Haliburton trade?

The Pacers gave up a nice player in Sabonis ... but maybe both teams figured they needed a shake-up.

I think it might have in the sense that the Pacers would've been less inclined to take back Buddy with LeVert still on the books.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#580 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Feb 9, 2022 12:03 am

jbk1234 wrote:Beal's out for the season. Dame's out for the season. Once again, teams are copying the Warriors strategy of tanking a season.
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=ZqnjCONjAEHpLf7CJoPXOA

Spurs getting paid royalties on that still?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers