ImageImageImage

How has Kyle Lowry been this year?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,793

How has Kyle Lowry been this year? 

Post#1 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:24 pm

A Raptors (and Lowry) fan here visiting your board in peace to ask how you Heat fans are liking (or not) the acquisition of Kyle Lowry. I had the impression he was not doing that great this year but I just checked the stats and by and large his numbers are the same as they were last year, though with more assists and poorer 3pt shooting than usual.

Anyway, has he been the sparkplug and bulldog for you the way he always was as a Raptor? Or...

Asking as a huge Lowry fan but also someone who knows Father Time is undefeated.
balla345
Head Coach
And1: 12,523

Re: How has Kyle Lowry been this year? 

Post#2 » by balla345 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 6:02 pm

Started off slow with his shots. He is a fantastic playmaker and still a guy that can give you buckets. His turnovers are a little higher than I was hoping for. There are times where hes automatic and some games where he cant make a shot. Great defender for his age and nice lille motor. I would grade him a B+ so far. I feel like once the team is fully healthy you'll notice the difference.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,746

Post#3 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Jan 5, 2022 5:27 am

balla345 wrote:Started off slow with his shots. He is a fantastic playmaker and still a guy that can give you buckets. His turnovers are a little higher than I was hoping for. There are times where hes automatic and some games where he cant make a shot. Great defender for his age and nice lille motor. I would grade him a B+ so far. I feel like once the team is fully healthy you'll notice the difference.

his passing abilities are golden to me the rest, is just meh. he should be a passing guy(see what i did there :wink: ) first than anything else just like rondo is

also i dont like the fact that he constantly bitches at the refs for anything and everything. sometimes being stoic can be enough.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#4 » by Wiltside » Wed Jan 5, 2022 8:33 am

Largely in line with expectations. I had projected him out at 14/4/8 on 42% and he’s basically at those numbers. Has had a few invisible games and been a little passive offensively, but that’s expected as he gets used to new teammates and a new style of play.

He’s been good without being exceptional. I think if he can stay healthy, he should remain solid for the life of the contract he has. Hopefully.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#5 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Jan 5, 2022 6:54 pm

Considering he is getting paid 30 mil its hard to answer. His true value should in theory become apparent in the playoffs. Right now during the regular season if someone said is Lowry worth his contract, the answer is clearly no.
Letsgokings
Senior
And1: 744

Post#6 » by Letsgokings » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:56 am

Really wish he didn't join my team. Realgm made me hate him with a passion and now I don't even watch the nba anymore because this turd is now on my favorite team. I love the heat but I will never root for Kyle Lowry.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#7 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Jan 7, 2022 8:29 am

Letsgokings wrote:Really wish he didn't join my team. Realgm made me hate him with a passion and now I don't even watch the nba anymore because this turd is now on my favorite team. I love the heat but I will never root for Kyle Lowry.

quite astonishing.

Yet resorting the Kings fandom is a move no sane fan should even consider...
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Letsgokings
Senior

Post#8 » by Letsgokings » Fri Jan 7, 2022 12:18 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Letsgokings wrote:Really wish he didn't join my team. Realgm made me hate him with a passion and now I don't even watch the nba anymore because this turd is now on my favorite team. I love the heat but I will never root for Kyle Lowry.

quite astonishing.

The kings name is basically a cover up because everyone hates us heat fans on the GB. They are very jealous of our franchise.
goodboys lats
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,159

Post#9 » by goodboys lats » Sat Jan 8, 2022 12:02 am

Kyle held the team together through all the injuries and covid. He is the clear leader when we don't have Jimmy and is probably the biggest reason we are the 4th seed. Without Kyle, this team probably has a losing record. Absolutely worth the contract IMO.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#10 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:26 pm

Would say Kyle has really helped this season due to all our player absences. I'd say his behind the scenes contributions to team morale, chemistry, and a winning mindset are elite.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#11 » by gom » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:10 am

Letsgokings wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

quite astonishing.

The kings name is basically a cover up because everyone hates us heat fans on the GB. They are very jealous of our franchise.

You do realize you have the flaming hoop icon of the team directly below your user id? This may not be as great a cover up as you think. It's no shame if you are a Kings fan rooting for the Heat. My mom roots for the Kings until midseason, gives up, and then roots (halfheartedly) for Miami.

To answer OP, Lowry has been solid at playmaking, runs the floor very well, but the shooting isn't great. Not an issue on our team though.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Letsgokings
Senior

Post#12 » by Letsgokings » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:12 am

gom wrote:
Letsgokings wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
quite astonishing.

You do realize you have the flaming hoop icon of the team directly below your user id? This may not be as great a cover up as you think. It's no shame if you are a Kings fan rooting for the Heat. My mom roots for the Kings until midseason, gives up, and then roots (halfheartedly) for Miami.

Yeah because I am a proud heat fan as well lol
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#13 » by gom » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:13 am

Letsgokings wrote:
gom wrote:
Letsgokings wrote:The kings name is basically a cover up because everyone hates us heat fans on the GB. They are very jealous of our franchise.

Mom?
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Letsgokings
Senior

Post#14 » by Letsgokings » Sun Jan 9, 2022 5:15 am

gom wrote:
Letsgokings wrote:
gom wrote:

Mom?

Nope proud heat fan. Been to about 200 heat games or so. Some very iconic ones at that. I grew up 45 minutes from the triple A
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#15 » by Paz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:18 pm

I don't think there is a player alive or to be born that would dissuade me from watching 82+ heat games per year.
Riftur
Ballboy
And1: 28

Post#16 » by Riftur » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:40 pm

Lowry is exactly what we were missing. His ppg is lower then I expected but the control of our offense and passing skills have transformed our team into a top contender.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#17 » by Heat_team02 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:18 pm

Lowry takes the hard charges he always seems to be in the way of basket drivers. His offense has not been there as much but defensively he does get in the way of bigger players.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,401

Post#18 » by KL78192020 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:54 am

where has Lowry been the last few games?
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#19 » by puppa bear » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:02 am

KL78192020 wrote:where has Lowry been the last few games?

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

I don’t frequent GTs that much, so I’m not sure if it’s been addressed in one of them. But I’ve found the lack of posters questioning it interesting as well.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 33,751

Post#20 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:24 pm

puppa bear wrote:
KL78192020 wrote:where has Lowry been the last few games?

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

I don’t frequent GTs that much, so I’m not sure if it’s been addressed in one of them. But I’ve found the lack of posters questioning it interesting as well.

PTO days
#FreeBam
#FreeJimmy
#FreeDuncan
#FreeTerry
#FreeWright

Return to Miami Heat