ImageImageImageImageImage

Freddy All Star getting a lot of publicity ( The void with KOC)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Slade3
Sixth Man
And1: 805

Re: Freddy All Star getting a lot of publicity ( The void with KOC) 

Post#41 » by Slade3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:23 pm

Raps1103 wrote:But but but .. he’s not a TRUE PG? And … “pound the rock” ? … and he “can’t run a team “ and .. he’s not a “Facilitator”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LET’S GO RAPTORS !!

Actually, all of that was true.

This year he's been been killing it. Dare I say, one of the best point guards in the league.
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#42 » by blastttOFF » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:24 pm

Freddy Publicity
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,278

Post#43 » by canada_dry » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:32 pm

blastttOFF wrote:Freddy Publicity
I like this.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,574

Post#44 » by dTox » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:37 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:Nothing new. Thorpe also said the east starter is between Trae and Fred and Lowe called him an all-star lock. We should start worrying about the next contract, it's going to be big.

How big? Mike James' Bahama's big?
TBZ for the win
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#45 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:20 pm

One thing I’ve noticed is he looks like he’s in the best shape of his career, like thin and fit rather then that bulky shape of before.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,576

Post#46 » by mdenny » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:31 am

Of course fred was getting trashed on this board during his game against the wizards.

He played AMAZING. The only thing he didn't do was shoot efficiently.

Regardless....he had 21 points, 12 assists, 1 turnover, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 3 deflections, was the key player on 3 over and backs, drew 2 offensive fouls. Also fed Scotty in the post and got him a career high in points.

On top of all that....he sunk the winning bucket of the game.

This wizards game was a perfect litmus test for perceptions of fred on this board. His haters think he had a bad game and point to his shooting percentage.

The gamethread was predictably constant with hate on fred from casual basketball viewers. Many of whom were deeply invested in Malachi Flynn as our "pg of the future".

Goes to show....it never mattered what fred would do this season. His casual fan haters were never gonna realize what his value is.

It's crazy to me. A pg performance like that is not only worthy of allstar (i don't really care)....it's worthy of a max contract for fred's position and role. He was by far our best player against the wizards.

The day that fred is celebrated on this board when he shoots a poor % will be the day everyone gets it. For now....the only way that the fred haters back off is if he shoots well. Rich for a bunch of fools who keep saying "he needs to play within his role". 12 assists and 1 turnover plus 9 turnovers created isn't good for a traditional point guard?

The hate has gotten to comedic levels.
Feyz
Assistant Coach
And1: 261

Post#47 » by Feyz » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:14 pm

If FVV were playing like this on another team his perception will be the next coming of Steph.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#48 » by Chandan » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:47 pm

Feyz wrote:If FVV were playing like this on another team his perception will be the next coming of Steph.

steph marbury was an actual all star
Wannabe MEP
Analyst
And1: 1,786

Post#49 » by Wannabe MEP » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Feyz wrote:If FVV were playing like this on another team his perception will be the next coming of Steph.

Whoa...did you just pop back on here after nine years?!? :o

Imma give you your first and-1.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,998

Post#50 » by anotherhomer » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 pm

dTox wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:Nothing new. Thorpe also said the east starter is between Trae and Fred and Lowe called him an all-star lock. We should start worrying about the next contract, it's going to be big.

How big? Mike James' Bahama's big?

It's a good problem to have
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,278

Post#51 » by canada_dry » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:12 pm

mdenny wrote:Of course fred was getting trashed on this board during his game against the wizards.

He played AMAZING. The only thing he didn't do was shoot efficiently.

Regardless....he had 21 points, 12 assists, 1 turnover, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 3 deflections, was the key player on 3 over and backs, drew 2 offensive fouls. Also fed Scotty in the post and got him a career high in points.

On top of all that....he sunk the winning bucket of the game.

This wizards game was a perfect litmus test for perceptions of fred on this board. His haters think he had a bad game and point to his shooting percentage.

The gamethread was predictably constant with hate on fred from casual basketball viewers. Many of whom were deeply invested in Malachi Flynn as our "pg of the future".

Goes to show....it never mattered what fred would do this season. His casual fan haters were never gonna realize what his value is.

It's crazy to me. A pg performance like that is not only worthy of allstar (i don't really care)....it's worthy of a max contract for fred's position and role. He was by far our best player against the wizards.

The day that fred is celebrated on this board when he shoots a poor % will be the day everyone gets it. For now....the only way that the fred haters back off is if he shoots well. Rich for a bunch of fools who keep saying "he needs to play within his role". 12 assists and 1 turnover plus 9 turnovers created isn't good for a traditional point guard?

The hate has gotten to comedic levels.
Big facts.

Its the same clowns who could never appreciate lowry while he was here until MAYBE near the end/after the title.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,039

Post#52 » by ItsDanger » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Jose Calderon would rack up assists and with low turnovers. Keep hyping dump offs as great playmaking is absurd. Many posters just want him off ball primarily in the offense.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,773

Post#53 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:27 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Jose Calderon would rack up assists and with low turnovers. Keep hyping dump offs as great playmaking is absurd. Many posters just want him off ball primarily in the offense.

Now try and compare their defence and see how it goes for you.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#54 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 am

Fred may not have the passing ability of Kyle or cp3, but I would argue he is better overall than prime Kyle right now...
geminiz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,431

Post#55 » by geminiz » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:44 pm

Chandan wrote:

steph marbury was an actual all star
By Steph he was clearly referring to Joey Graham's brother Stephen Graham

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#56 » by Son Goku 25 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:02 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Fred may not have the passing ability of Kyle or cp3, but I would argue he is better overall than prime Kyle right now...

I'd say FVV might be the better offensive player than Lowry even though you can argue Lowry was a more versatile offensive player and can get into the paint better/finish better plus backdown SG's :lol:

Defensively, they both were great but again, Lowry wasn't gonna let even a guy like Lebron get a deep position on him in the paint. Just a tough and smart defender and can defend anywhere which FVV can't do. FvV is a strong player for his size but those who know, know what I mean.

I've said it before- FVV probably has a stronger upper body than Lowry whereas Lowry is a tank in his Lower body which allows them to use these strengths differently (I.e., quick swipes at the ball, deflections, preventing post ups and easy inside opportunities especially on switches etc). Lowry's overall impact completely overpowers FVV at this point in terms of making his entire team that much better and being a real leader which FVV is still trying to figure out and that's fine. He may or may not be that leader like Lowry and just be an individual contributor which is okay if we can fill that spot and I'm gonna assume that will be Scottie.

Overall, I'm grateful tbh having the weak pgs we had in the past and now wirhin the last decade its been a breath of fresh air.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,164

Post#57 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:04 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Jose Calderon would rack up assists and with low turnovers. Keep hyping dump offs as great playmaking is absurd. Many posters just want him off ball primarily in the offense.

Sorry man, you don’t get double digit assists on “dump offs”.

FVV is great. Literally Lowry 2.0.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ParadoxJ
Junior
And1: 346

Post#58 » by ParadoxJ » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:18 pm

Will be most boring all star, next to Pfizzle and Lowry
Put in exciting players in all star game. Just remove dunk contest and put them in this game.
dkb965
Junior
And1: 299

Post#59 » by dkb965 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:47 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:

Now try and compare their defence and see how it goes for you.

VanVleet is a good defender, but people seem to ignore the fact that he gets abused by bigger guards all of the time.
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#60 » by Ref_from_hell » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Toronto Raptors