Official NBA COVID Protocol thread (please read the OP)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,209

Re: Official NBA COVID Protocol thread (please read the OP) 

Post#821 » by bisme37 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:22 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#822 » by bisme37 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:23 pm

Some changes with the testing protocols...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#823 » by bisme37 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:27 pm

Also please stick to the guidelines for this thread and discuss only COVID's impact on the NBA and the league's protocols. There's some good info being shared on the previous page but it's off topic and may invite debate and take the thread on the wrong path. I know the rules are strict for this thread but it's been the only way we've had a covid thread on the GB that hasn't gone off the rails and gotten locked. Thanks.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,130

Post#824 » by spanishninja » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:37 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

how is this possible given last night's changes to the testing rules? did he show symptoms?
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#825 » by bisme37 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:06 pm

spanishninja wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

how is this possible given last night's changes to the testing rules? did he show symptoms?

I don't know. He was already out with injury and then they announced he's in the protocol. So yeah I guess he has symptoms, or perhaps he got tested right before they changed the guidelines. This is his second or third time with covid now I believe.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 997

Re: Did Bradley Beal test positive for covid twice in a 3 week span? 

Post#826 » by Bucksmaniac » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:35 pm

I believe he recently got the vaccine and this happened. Another big sports related vaccine story, golfer Jon Rahm last year got the vaccine and had to miss tournaments two separate times in the space of two months due to testing positive. Have to wonder if the vaccine raises the chance of false positives.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,954

Post#827 » by Liam_Gallagher » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:45 pm

Bucksmaniac wrote:

I believe he recently got the vaccine and this happened. Another big sports related vaccine story, golfer Jon Rahm last year got the vaccine and had to miss tournaments two separate times in the space of two months due to testing positive. Have to wonder if the vaccine raises the chance of false positives.

Cases increased after vaccine. So that answers your question.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,062

Post#828 » by Lockdown504090 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:47 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:

Cases increased after vaccine. So that answers your question.

cases rose after i got my first tatoo, youre looking at patient 0 :lol:
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#829 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:59 pm

There are just 15 players in protocol this morning (1/17) down from about 100 in late December.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#830 » by Optms » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:27 pm

I don't even judge the NBA and their handling of the situation critically. Because at the end of the day, the problem isn't within the NBA, but outside of the NBA. The players are vaccinated. So if these vaccines do not slow down the spread, this isn't on the league. There is only so much they can do.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#831 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 am

So dumb these rules. Batum is back in these protocols 2 months later. He’s got 3 shots and natural immunity! Let him play!
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,130

Post#832 » by spanishninja » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:39 pm

OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:So dumb these rules. Batum is back in these protocols 2 months later. He’s got 3 shots and natural immunity! Let him play!

well if he's symptomatic (which is now the only reason you would go into protocols), it makes sense to keep him off.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach

Post#833 » by Liam_Gallagher » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:07 am

OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:So dumb these rules. Batum is back in these protocols 2 months later. He’s got 3 shots and natural immunity! Let him play!

Think about your grandma, dude.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#834 » by Bill Bradley » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:57 am

Spoiler:
I have kind of lost interest in the NBA since they have been so covid crazy. I mean daily testing for what is now essentially a cold was pretty outlandish. And separate rules now for the unvaccinated who still need daily testing when we clearly see they don’t stop transmission and in some cases may even lead to worse outcomes? Just wondering how history will view this down the road. Kyrie may be viewed as prescient.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#835 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Spoiler:
Bill Bradley wrote:I have kind of lost interest in the NBA since they have been so covid crazy. I mean daily testing for what is now essentially a cold was pretty outlandish. And separate rules now for the unvaccinated who still need daily testing when we clearly see they don’t stop transmission and in some cases may even lead to worse outcomes? Just wondering how history will view this down the road. Kyrie may be viewed as prescient.

"Essentially a cold" that is hospitalizing 150,000 and killing 2000+ people a day (latest 7 day average.) Tell that to their families.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach

Post#836 » by Liam_Gallagher » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:16 pm

Spoiler:
xdrta+ wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:I have kind of lost interest in the NBA since they have been so covid crazy. I mean daily testing for what is now essentially a cold was pretty outlandish. And separate rules now for the unvaccinated who still need daily testing when we clearly see they don’t stop transmission and in some cases may even lead to worse outcomes? Just wondering how history will view this down the road. Kyrie may be viewed as prescient.

"Essentially a cold" that is hospitalizing 150,000 and killing 2000+ people a day (latest 7 day average.) Tell that to their families.

They're dying with covid, not because of it.

And did you know that before COVID, other respiratory illnesses stretched hospitals to capacity this time of year but we didn't hear about it every day?
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#837 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:53 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:
Spoiler:
xdrta+ wrote:

And did you know that before COVID, other respiratory illnesses stretched hospitals to capacity this time of year but we didn't hear about it every day?

We're so lucky on RealGM to have people who know more about medicine than doctors, hospitals, the CDC, and experts who have devoted their lives to the study of medical issues. So lucky.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach

Post#838 » by Liam_Gallagher » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:28 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:
Spoiler:
xdrta+ wrote:

We're so lucky on RealGM to have people who know more about medicine than doctors, hospitals, the CDC, and experts who have devoted their lives to the study of medical issues. So lucky.

Doctors and experts who are against the narrative have been silenced and/or fired. If your doctor is telling you he supports the vaccine, well, put 2 and 2 together. He's either forced to say that or he actually believes it. You'll never know. Money and pay checks talk.

The CDC literally said exactly what I just said about people dying with covid, not from it. Not a good look to source CDC, buddy. That's gonna help my argument.

And what "hospitals" are you referring to? The ones who fired unvaccinated nurses? Probably a good idea when you're already short staffed lol.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#839 » by bisme37 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:31 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:
Spoiler:

Doctors and experts who are against the narrative have been silenced and/or fired. If your doctor is telling you he supports the vaccine, well, put 2 and 2 together. He's either forced to say that or he actually believes it. You'll never know.

The CDC literally said exactly what I just said about people dying with covid, not from it. Not a good look to source CDC, buddy. That's gonna help my argument.

And what "hospitals" are you referring to? The ones who fired unvaccinated nurses? Probably a good idea when you're already short staffed lol.

Guys, take it to the Current Affairs board. I know people are passionate about their personal perspectives on the virus but that's not what this thread is for. We've had this debate a ton of times and no one is changing their mind.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#840 » by Bill Bradley » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:12 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:
Spoiler:
xdrta+ wrote:

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/new-study-shows-vaccines-must-be

Return to The General Board