ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Deadline Thread: Ends 2.10 @ 3 PM EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,104

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread: Ends 2.10 @ 3 PM EST 

Post#361 » by therealbig3 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:12 pm

Also, I'm not a Simmons fan AT ALL. He's garbage imo. A useless player come playoff time whose defense only gets you so far, because he's hurting you so much offensively.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#362 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Is it wrong to feel like we got robbed on this outcome now?

Wizards trading dinwiddie to Dal for Porzingas...

like we couldn't do that back then? lol

Dinwiddie was a free agent. wiz traded him under contract. apples and organges.

Also, KP has been AWFUL

sign n trade not possible then? besides didn't we sign n trade Din to WSH?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#363 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 pm

I can't believe we didn't make a 2nd move. Including Sharpe, we have 5 centers + James Johnson + Bruce Brown + Bembry + Simmons. WAY too many non-shooters. Drummond is a guy I didn't want as a minimum contract last year. That hasn't changed. I have no idea how Marks didn't address that. Even if it's a deal on the margins. That was a huge problem before and it's even more crucial since Ben is part of our core.

We desperately need Joe Harris back and LMA + Blake need to be ready for prime time minutes. We can't mess around and play Ben with Claxton/Drummond regularly.

The bright side of this is that Simmons + Curry + 2 picks extends our championship window a little more.

This season has been a disaster but getting Simmons and Curry out of it is something at least. If we actually get healthy, we have enough to win a chip.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#364 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:28 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I can't believe we didn't make a 2nd move. Including Sharpe, we have 5 centers + James Johnson + Bruce Brown + Bembry + Simmons. WAY too many non-shooters. Drummond is a guy I didn't want as a minimum contract last year. That hasn't changed. I have no idea how Marks didn't address that. Even if it's a deal on the margins. That was a huge problem before and it's even more crucial since Ben is part of our core.

We desperately need Joe Harris back and LMA + Blake need to be ready for prime time minutes. We can't mess around and play Ben with Claxton/Drummond regularly.

The bright side of this is that Simmons + Curry + 2 picks extends our championship window a little more.

This season has been a disaster but getting Simmons and Curry out of it is something at least. If we actually get healthy, we have enough to win a chip.

I think LMA may retire again. Claxton cant stay healthy and may be bumped from the rotaiton. I would say Drummond is a buyout candidate but KD gushes over him.

Bruce Brown is the real loser here. he wont play and didnt get traded
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#365 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:37 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:I can't believe we didn't make a 2nd move. Including Sharpe, we have 5 centers + James Johnson + Bruce Brown + Bembry + Simmons. WAY too many non-shooters. Drummond is a guy I didn't want as a minimum contract last year. That hasn't changed. I have no idea how Marks didn't address that. Even if it's a deal on the margins. That was a huge problem before and it's even more crucial since Ben is part of our core.

I think LMA may retire again. Claxton cant stay healthy and may be bumped from the rotaiton. I would say Drummond is a buyout candidate but KD gushes over him.

Why would LMA retire? He just sprained his ankle.

Either way, I hope we just start Blake at center unless we have a tough matchup.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#366 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:43 pm

Well maybe Cam Thomas will step the **** up???? or at least allowed to?

idk, but Duke needs floor time as much as well!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,030

Post#367 » by GutUNC » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Why would you buy out Drummond when he's on the league minimum?
GDTBATH
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#368 » by LOUiS-D » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:23 am

htf did we not get thybulle. like even a bruce/bembry swap and fck the 2022 pick off. how do we let them keep a piece like that.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#369 » by LOUiS-D » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:24 am

MGrand15 wrote:Why would LMA retire? He just sprained his ankle.

I imagine it'll be because of the stroke he suffers when he learns we acquired another center.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#370 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:54 am

GutUNC wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Why would you buy out Drummond when he's on the league minimum?

Because he is a negative player who plays an awful brand of basketball. unfortunetly, KD loves him
enetric
RealGM
And1: 169

Post#371 » by enetric » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:33 am

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:Good riddance to James Harden, you will not be missed. You quit on a second team; this damn league needs more people like KD/Lebron/Giannis but to many of them are soft and a bunch of you know what. I fully support Giannis now in his beef with Harden. Pathetic and disgraceful. Let the youngin' shine while you go wasting opportunity after opportunity to win gold. You will blow it in Philly.

I think hate is unwarranted.

He came here last year, played like an MVP. Carried and elevated us. Play SEVERALY injured in the playoffs.

Like Kyrie, things change and it effects you and it sucks. Harden I'm sure didnt expect the NYC Mandate/Kyrie to be out. and probaly felt good about at least 1 of KD/Kyrie being with him full time (like last year). I'm sure he knows whatever level he has dropped off and also doenst want to carry a 40 mpg load while nursing a hamstring.

Sometimes things change, and you adapt.

If a trade happens I'll thank Harden for ihs time, wish him luck, and have no ill will... i also be thankful we got a good return for him and protected ourself in the future with a young all-star. I do not want to extend this version of Harden

Good job. It's easy to blame a man and call him a quitter. But he had every right after a decade to ask for a trade rather than rebuild at 31 in Houston just as everyone thinks Lillard and Beal are "supposed" to do. And, he blew up his life to go for a ring. A lot of team injuries to major players, Covid, one refusal to get vaccinated, add nice guy coach who is in way over his head...and you have a recipe for a break up. Yes, one terrible pouty game and questions as to how injured is he really...but beyond that, Harden did a great job for this team. Ultimately? I think he was short sighted to think hitching his wagon to Embiid is a good move give his fragility. But, maybe Morey has a big off season move planned with Tobias and the pieces he held onto...and maybe the Nets balked at 270mil over 5 and Morey said, no problem. Hopefully, he did us a favor. But I refuse to call him names or blame the guy who had the highest winning % of the big 3 in Nets games. He did his job, it didn't work out. Now hopefully Ben can grow up, grow a pair, and grow a jump shot. Thank you Big Game James....sorry it did not work out.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#372 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:43 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#373 » by Prokorov » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:09 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I hope someone throws rotten eggs at him. i dont care if we got embiid and simmons for Harden his hire and refusal to fire nash will prevent this team from ever winning.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#374 » by Lamak » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:11 am

Prokorov wrote:
Lamak wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
I dont see any tension between the big 3. they all seem confident if they can all be on the floor for the playoffs that they cant be beat. They all see frustrated they cant seem to every sync up and do it.

harden checked out completely after kyrie returned and took control of offense, kd was the peacemaker in things, his injury sealed the deal on chemistry

That simply isnt true. Hardens usage was the same with Kyrie back. he still ran point and took the same amount of shots. Harden has been hurt. Hammy and hand.

Chemistry didnt look like an issue when they whooped the bulls.

the new reports of chemistry issues between harden have been interesting to read up on
Brooklyn Nets

Return to Brooklyn Nets